The Secret World of Arrietty / Karigurashi no Arrietty

The Secret World of Arrietty / Karigurashi no Arrietty

Genres: adventure, drama
Objectionable content: None
Plot Summary: Sho moves into his great aunt’s house and soon discovers the presence of tiny people, the Borrowers, living there. A 14-year-old Borrower named Arrietty strives to prove herself by helping her father gather materials that her family needs from Sho’s new home. However, Arrietty and Sho meet, breaking the rule that humans must not know about the Borrowers’ existence. As Sho and Arrietty’s relationship develops, human interference endangers the Borrowers’ lives. Arrietty and Sho work together to try and protect the Borrowers’ way of life.
Running time: 95 minutes
Vintage: 2010-07-01

ANN Info Page
Official Website

I was wondering why Anime Network has been advertising “The Secret World of Arrietty”

You mean this?

http://www.theanimenetwork.com/Anime/**-The-Secret-World-of-Arrietty-Trailer-**/Watch

I’ve been wondering that myself.

Well, to help promote Studio Ghibli’s new movie.
After all, Sentai/TAN/Sec. 23 acquired one of Ghibli’s classics themselves:

Grave of the Fireflies

It’s called cross-promotion.

:wink:

Anime Network likely has a third party that places advertisers. Disney probably purchased add space for sites associated with anime.

Probably Disney was the first one to buy up ad space. Sounds like they are really hoping The Secret World of Arrietty does well. Should be seeing more ads as it goes.

I watch the movie today and here are my thoughts:

spoiler

The opening Amine was bad. Yes, the city scene was up for 2 minutes, it’s some of the worse animation that I have ever seen. This is a really slow moving story. It slow moving due to a script that could have been done in ten minutes. It does seem like maybe they might have done more animation or had more of a story and cut it out. There was a lot of room to add things or develop other characters. This is most likely the worst Studio Ghibli movie that I have ever seen; I have not watched “Earthsea”.

This is something interesting that I noticed.

spoiler

This might have been a little to geared to children in not the right way. The children under the age of 8 tended to laugh when the adults did not mostly to the comical emotions displayed by the characters. Most notability by the Mother character who is scared of the beans(human beings). The adults did not laugh due to knowing how bad human beings can be; the kid laughed every time she acted like that. In most cases, the children’s reaction was far different from my own that I wonder if we were watching the same movie. Considering that this the same studio that put out “Spirited Away”, it odd to make a movie that would get so different reaction from adult and kids.

It finally came to a theater near me, I am going to see it today. yay!

My spoilers are a warning not to see the film.

It would be nice to hear someone else thoughts.

Just got back from seeing it and loved the movie. It was a nice uplifting story that put me in a great mood at the end. I will be buying this when it comes out.

We saw it and I really enjoyed it. (The popcorn needed a little salt, but that was my fault, not the movie’s!) I am re-reading “The Borrowers” now because I don’t remember enough from the book to recall what happens in it.

I can’t wait to watch it again on blu-ray

Journey to the Secret World of Arrietty in Theaters This Month

September 04, 2019 10:22am CDT
Fathom Events and GKIDS continue the Studio Ghibli Fest 2019

I’m good I went and saw it in 2012 . I was the only one in the theater from what I recall .