Thundercats (old & new)

TV Guide is still in business? Who knew? :laugh:

:laugh:
I don’t know about the printed version, but online it does pretty well.

I only see Episode 3 on Friday, August 5, but I’ll keep checking for re-showings of the first two episodes.

I’ll post here if I find any.

I am pretty sure that Cartoon Network would put the episodes up on the ThunderCats website. They would normally do that for some of the episodes, in case people missed them.

I was actually going by the Comcast guide. I looked at the guide, and searched for episodes. The only one I found was next Friday’s new episode at 8:30.
Slick

Saw the first two episodes and really liked it. As for repeats my DVR is not showing any either, just next Friday’s new episode.

Supposed to be every Friday new episodes. The other shows should slowly start getting new episodes on as well. They tend to wait to after Comic Con to start things back up because I think it’s because they like to have some thing to show. The only iffy thing I see now is CN has not stated a episode order count as far as I can see.

I enjoyed the first two episodes. I figured they’d at least use some of that rerun space they got going on for another showing before the third episode next Friday.

I really enjoyed the first episode(s) of this reboot. Definitely better than I expected. Can’t wait till next Friday to see the next episode. Also, if you have certain cable systems, you can go to CN and watch the premiere on their player.
Slick

First two episodes are up on Cartoon Network on demand at least on my Comcast VOD. You have to scroll down to you get to it. CN has a lot of stuff on VOD now a days.

Yeah… I’m digging this new reboot/quasi-sequel. Looks like some of the liitle story points I wanted them to hit on just might be coming true.
And Snarf…

[details=spoiler]Not talking is okay, I guess. But I can see them come across a bit of tech somewhere ou there that will aenable him to talk: maybe a collar…or a red scarf.

Ooo…hope there’s a love triangle between young, ‘virginal’ Lion-O, ladie’s man Tigra, and chaste, clerical Cheetara. Such sweet and delicious confrontations to occur…yum.[/details]

[quote=Tonka]

…or a red scarf.

Is that a Nichijou reference I see?!

I’m really liking this as well so far.
I have a big affinity for Rankin&Bass stuff, so I wasn’t sure how well this reboot would work out, but thus far, I’m actually enjoying this.

[quote=Tonka]
Yeah… I’m digging this new reboot/quasi-sequel. Looks like some of the liitle story points I wanted them to hit on just might be coming true.
And Snarf…

[details=spoiler]Not talking is okay, I guess. But I can see them come across a bit of tech somewhere ou there that will aenable him to talk: maybe a collar…or a red scarf.

Ooo…hope there’s a love triangle between young, ‘virginal’ Lion-O, ladie’s man Tigra, and chaste, clerical Cheetara. Such sweet and delicious confrontations to occur…yum.[/details][/quote]

spoiler

I don’t think that Snarf will be able to speak at all. I think he’ll remain using animal sounds and having Lion-O understand him that way.

I liked how they threw in a small Lynx-O cameo. It was also nice to see they incorporated Grune the Destroyer in the way they did. I have a feeling this version of Wilykit and Wilycat may get a little annoying. Sure are cute little thieving buggers though. Curious to see if any of the other Mutants will show up. Also I noticed Grunes logo on his chest when he changed his outfit looked like it was from the bad guy versions of the Laser Sabers backpacks (Basically photon type deal made into a backpack for the figures) from the old LJN toyline.

No reruns for the first episode through August 14.

But TWC also has Thundercats on their On Demand channel.

http://tvshowsondvd.com/n/15767
[size=16]Thundercats - 2-DVD Set Scheduled for ‘Season 1, Book 1’ of the New 2011 Series[/size]
8/04/2011
An 8-episode collection of the Cartoon-Network-aired show will be available in October

The cover of the first set.

So the third episode was pretty good.

[details=spoiler]Liked they took the learned the hard way approach to getting Lion-O to learn what’s more important. Then I’m curious to see is Jaga dead and that was his spirit Mumm-ra had captured or is he still alive?

Looks like they made WilyKit and WilyKat the comic relief in place of a talking Snarf in this series.[/details]

Ooh…
Ep. 3 had that classic RPG feel to it, which I’m a sucker for:

[details=spoiler]Lion-O the swordsman, Tigra the Ranger, Cheetara the Priestess, Kit & Kat the thieves, and Snarf the mascot. A ‘fellowship’ is born, and now they are off on a quest to find the magical item that will vanquish evil; I can see a game coming out soon just like this.

While I enjoyed the episode, I just hope it doesn’t turn into a "Lion-O learns a new lesson on proper leadership from the tribe/specie’s leader of the week. For some reason that popped into mind while watching this ep.[/details]

[quote=psychopuppet]
Curious to see if any of the other Mutants will show up.[/quote]

Well…

[details=spoiler]http://tv.ign.com/dor/objects/76335/thundercats/images/thundercats-20110623102314063-000.html?page=mediaFullhttp://tvmedia.ign.com/tv/image/article/117/1178363/thundercats-20110623102314063-000.jpg

It seems the Ro-bears are already designed for reappearing, so no telling if Vulture and Jackalman will also appear alongside of Slithe, but there seem to be new mutants…or the descedants thereof for this new age of 3rd Earth.[/details]

It was nice to see Larry Kenney doing the voice of Cladus. Wish Earle Hyman was a part of it somewhere as well, his voice fit in SO many Rankin/Bass productions and made King Awgwa in the Santa Claus specials, and Panthro.

Curious to see…

spoiler

how Panthro will play in when he returns, because the character stylesheet suggests we havent seen the last of him quite yet.

Is it just me or is WilyKit so far seeming to play people as bad as Horo played Lawrence in Wolf&Spice? A thief is one thing, and a kitten, but she is TOO good so far at getting her way compared to the original, and both kittens seem a bit more playful considering the events so far.

I can accept the new ThunderCats, but even though I know it is set into the future…

spoiler

I really didnt think they needed to coincidentally use the same names of the original since it was so far into the future, it removes some verisimilitude that a group with the exact same name happens to be forming all over again as the only survivors of this NEW Thundera that the originals made on 3rd Earth, as the originals escaped the planet Thundera… Feels like the BSG reboot, and didnt like it much at all.

Finished up ep. 04

Those little things reminded me of the Whos from Whoville in How the Grinch Stole Christmas!

I kept wanting to sing Welcome Christmas every time they were swaying back and forth singing!

The soundtrack was rather awesome for this episode too.