Thundercats (old & new)

Does that make Slithe the Grinch?

It really goes to show you how much can change in the time it takes to blink…

In this week’s ep. 4, Lion-O

learned about hope.

In next week’s ep. 5, he’ll

meet with the Bearbil tribe, or whatever they’ll be called now, and learn about sharing. :cheer:

your 5 might have to be 6 because

[details=spoiler]Panthro! You got some 'splaining to do! what is that thing [Thundertank] you are on? where did YOU find this ancient technology [in the basement of the Cats Lair]? Where were you when the war broke out? Why are you so…OLD?

so seems it might be a recap/flashback episode to get to the point that Mumm-ra switched places with Panthro and all that…meaning…

Lion-o will learn how to listen to his elders.[/details]

Great episode but also instantly thought of the Whos.

Ep. 05

Well, we still didn’t get any info…

[details=spoiler]…on why and how Pantho has the Thundertank.
However, we did get the backstory on Panthro & Grune’s relationship and how Grune betrayed the Thundercats.[/details]

Ep. 5

Visions of Cowboy Bebop dancing in my head.

Well, now that the cast is finally together, hopefully they get to the nitty-gritty of the show.

Ep. 06

We finally get to see Mumm-Ra’s true form!
Mumm-Ra, the Ever-Living!

[details=spoiler]It’s interesting that they actually get to find the Book of Omens so soon in the series.
But with finding the Book, they also find out that it’s blank, which kind of solves the early acquisition of the Book.

Now they’ll need to find a way to read it, and/or if it’s fake (which I kind of doubt at this point), find the real one.[/details]

[quote=TheCoffeeGod]
Ep. 06

Mumm-Ra, the Ever-Living!

[details=spoiler]It’s interesting that they actually get to find the Book of Omens so soon in the series.
But with finding the Book, they also find out that it’s blank, which kind of solves the early aquisition of the Book.

Now they’ll need to find a way to read it, and/or if it’s fake (which I kind of doubt at this point), find the real one.[/details][/quote]

Not only that, but we get to find out some more juicy tidbits as well…

[details=spoiler]1. How Panthro got the Thundertank. It was Mumm-Ra’s and Panthro found it and helped himself to it when he fell off the ledge in ep. 5. And why would M-R have such a vehicle? Because…
2. Seems M-R was the TC’s lord back in the (ancient?)past, and were responsible for the collapse of one civilization - perhaps one of many.
3. That red hair Thundercat by Mumm-Ra’s side bore a striking resemblance to a certain current red haired cat and his papa. Per chance it was a distant ancestor.[/details]
Overall, an excellent ep.

Ep. 6

spoiler

I noticed in the tower after Lion-O used the sword Cheetara’s eyes flashed yellow for a second and she started running faster then ever. I wonder if this means the sword still has the ability to boost the others powers but Lion-O has learn how to use it?

[quote=Tonka]

[quote=TheCoffeeGod]
Ep. 06[/quote]

Mumm-Ra, the Ever-Living![/quote]

That one guy on the screen looked very familiar.

[details=spoiler]
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/193/monstarbio.png/http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/8738/monstarbio.png

It was Mon*Star from the Silverhawks . Nice to see they are paying more tributes to Rankin/Bass. Maybe we can get a Silverhawks remake tied in some how with the new Thundercats.

Someone just pointed out to me TigerSharks were in it to.[/details]

[quote=psychopuppet]
That one guy on the screen looked very familiar.

[details=spoiler]
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/193/monstarbio.png/http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/8738/monstarbio.png

It was Mon*Star from the Silverhawks . Nice to see they are paying more tributes to Rankin/Bass. Maybe we can get a Silverhawks remake tied in some how with the new Thundercats.

Someone just pointed out to me TigerSharks were in it to.[/details][/quote]

It’s just like what they did with the new Scooby-Doo: Mystery Inc. cartoon were they also paid homage to other classic Hanna-Barbara teen mystery toons.

Finished up ep. 07

Man that was epic!

[details=spoiler]So, it turns out, the Book of Omens wasn’t blank after all, and Lion-O had to relive the past to get the information.

Turns out, the Thundercats use to work for Mumm-Ra.

That whole fight between Lion-O & Mumm-Ra was just too damn awesome![/details]

already seeing a big plot hole, but will hold that observation for others that didnt see it…

Finished up ep. 08

Snarf was so cute!

[details=spoiler]So, sword dual time!

Lion-O gets to learn another life lesson on his way to being the King of the ThunderCats.[/details]

[size=15]REMINDER!

There is no new episode of ThunderCats tonight![/size]

Also, looks like it’ll be a repeat of the season premiere (the first two episodes) for the next 2 weeks as well.
So, I’m not sure when we’ll see a new episode.

[quote=TheCoffeeGod]
REMINDER!

There is no new episode of ThunderCats tonight!

Also, looks like it’ll be a repeat of the season premiere (the first two episodes) for the next 2 weeks as well.
So, I’m not sure when we’ll see a new episode.[/quote]

Probably some time late OCT or in DEC.

[quote=psychopuppet]
Probably some time late OCT or in DEC.[/quote]
Well. if they plan a full repeat of all the eps. the next new ep. (ep. 09) should land on Nov. 18.

Though, that’s assuming they go the full run of eps. without any Fridays skipped before continuing.

[quote=TheCoffeeGod]

[quote=psychopuppet]
Probably some time late OCT or in DEC.[/quote]
Well. if they plan a full repeat of all the eps. the next new ep. (ep. 09) should land on Nov. 18.

Though, that’s assuming they go the full run of eps. without any Fridays skipped before continuing.[/quote]

Well they also have a couple sneak peeks coming up this fall so I’d think they’d put them in during the show that is re-running instead of the shows with new here episodes.

Batman The Brave and the Bold only has 8 episodes left :frowning: so they could be planning on moving Thundercats or one of the other shows to that time slot.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2011/10/25/video-thundercats-brings-back-the-robear-berbils
[size=20]VIDEO: Thundercats Brings Back the Robear Berbils![/size]
October 25, 2011 10:07pm CDT
“Berbils" Airs on Cartoon Network Friday, October 28th

The return of Thundercats was greeted with some questions. How could Lion-o’s mouthy sidekick, Snarf be handled in the updated version? What about the robot teddy bears? Well, the latter gets answered this week.

In “Berbils,” set to air on Carton Network Friday, October 28th, tiny robot bears solicit the help of the ThunderCats to save them from a slave trader who values their technical and construction skills. The Cats help to rescue enslaved Berbils and defend their village. Panthro learns that’s he’s not the only “wrench monkey” and bonds with Robear Bill.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTxj5a1iRII