AN Forums

To Love Ru

Motto episode 7 dub thoughts

Yami = Katelyn Barr: This episode is where Yami gets sick, and Katelyn does it perfectly! There’s a subtle weakness in her voice, proving her illness. It’s so sad! :sob::sob::sob:

Oshizu = Melissa Molano: This is more of a note than anything else. She sounds really good, but in 7C, while Oshizu is in her astral form, she sounds more “ghosty”. I’m impressed! :clap:

2 Likes

Motto To Love Ru, Ep 2 (Dub, Home Video Version), is live at HIDIVE

1 Like
Motto episode 8 Dub thoughts

Marron = Josh Morrison: Oooh! Suave! He sounds like 90’s Chester Cheetah! I like it!

Katelyn Barr = Mikami and Brittany Karbowski =Yamikan: This is the episode where Yami and Mikan switch bodies. They’re cute switched like that. :blush:

Dub notes

Marron: “It ain’t easy bein a pet.”

I need to know if there is an outtake where he says: “It ain’t easy bein cheesy.”

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

So did the voices stay with the body? Basically Katelyn playing Mikan while she was in Yami’s body and Vice Versa?

Reason I ask is because I despise when the voice travels with the character on the body switch, It’s lazy and it basically states that the Director doesn’t trust the acting talents of their voice cast

2 Likes

No. The voices switched with the character swap.

I do agree though. Brittany could have easily done Mikami using an alteration of Ikaros’ voice, and Katelyn could have done Yamikan using a voice similar to the one she will have to use for Loli or Darkness Yami. I know they have the talent.

In the Japanese audio, they had Misato voice Yamikan and Kana voice Mikami…

They’re still really cute switched though…

1 Like

Motto To Love Ru, Ep 3 (Dub, Home Video Version), is live at HIDIVE

1 Like
Motto dub thoughts episode 9

Ringo = Olivia Swasey: This is Ringo’s (she’s Rito and Mikan’s mom) only appearance in the entire series. She sounds okay. With that flair of a ritzy fashion designer.

Sabai = Mark Laskowski: He sounds pretty good, like a father. (he’s Rito and Mikan’s dad btw) Not really much more I could say…

Momo = Natalie Rial: Very important. She sounds okay this episode. Now it could be because she wasn’t acting all innocent this episode, or her voice may be growing on me. I don’t know which…

Yami = Katelyn Barr: Even though she only has about 1 and a half minutes of screentime this episode, it’s all time of bliss! So stoic! :heart::heart::heart:

1 Like

Motto To Love Ru, Ep 4 (Dub, Home Video Version), is live at HIDIVE

2 Likes
Motto dub thoughts episode 10

Risa = Meg McDonald: This is Risa’s first full episode devoted to her (10B). I really like Meg’s portrayal of Risa. She really nails that “gal” flare. :grin::+1:

2 Likes
Motto Dub thoughts episode 11

I literally paused the episode to type this.

Yami = Katelyn Barr: I’m crying hard right now. She did “Shy Dere Yami” absolutely perfectly! She got Yami’s subtle notes of shyness under her stoicness dead on! It’s so beautiful!!!
:heartpulse::heartpulse::heartpulse:
:sob::sob::sob:

2 Likes