What story is this?

:blink:

Hint: It isn’t fun for anyone to be a social worker.

So do I post the answer now or wait some more? I am not good at these hosting type things. :pinch:

I really have given up. I can’t find anything that satisfies all the hints. Of course, I’ll probably smack myself when I hear the answer!

Beetlejuice

A woman convinced she is targeted for death, turns the tables and hunts her pursuer instead. After losing family and friends, she finally confronts her pursuer and in the end is able to return home and continue with her normal life.

:unsure: :huh:

Hint:

Her crack squad helps her hunt, but at the same time others are hunting for the same one she is. :ohmy: Who will find them first? Doesn’t matter because she is the one who got her ‘happy ending’.

Why is it that I can always think of movies that fit some of the hints, but not all of the hints? :laugh:

Could it be

The Hunger Games?

[quote=“LadyOfWicca” post=162457]Why is it that I can always think of movies that fit some of the hints, but not all of the hints? :laugh:

Could it be

The Hunger Games?

:S It might be, but I haven’t seen/read it, so it wasn’t what I was trying to convey. I hope it doesn’t fit exactly or else I made one too hard. :frowning:

We all see so many movies/books/etc, the way we think about them and how we remember what goes on in them is unique to each individual. Like any game show when you finally get the answer and end up wanting to “facepalm” cause you knew that, jsut weren’t thinking about it from the angel they were using.

[quote=“shadzar” post=162336]Hint:

Her crack squad helps her hunt, but at the same time others are hunting for the same one she is. :ohmy: Who will find them first? Doesn’t matter because she is the one who got her ‘happy ending’.[/quote]

[spoiler]

Snow White and the Seven Dwarves[/spoiler]

:laugh: Nope, but that would be a funny version of that.

Not Snow White and the Huntsman either, though it closely fits the hints.

[spoiler]I thought it might be “Snow White” too. Okay, I’ll take one more shot before giving up -

“Happily N’Ever After”?[/spoiler]

[quote=“LadyOfWicca” post=162924][spoiler]I thought it might be “Snow White” too. Okay, I’ll take one more shot before giving up -

“Happily N’Ever After”?[/spoiler][/quote]

:S I never even heard of that. :pinch:

I guess my hints are not good enough, or the theme of some movies/stories is too easily changed to be stranger than it is?

Has everyone given up, need more hints? :dry: :unsure:

Perhaps one more hint?

HINT:

Auntie “M” was never in Kansas to begin with.

[spoiler]Well, it can’t be “Wizard of Oz” - Auntie Em was in Kansas in that one.

And I don’t think it’s “Auntie Mame” - she isn’t in Kansas, but the “crack squad” hint doesn’t fit.

I need to go find more Aunt M’s![/spoiler]

:lol: You gonna kill me when/if you figure it out. :laugh:

I probably will. :lol: So, I give up!

[quote=“shadzar” post=162336]Hint:

Her crack squad helps her hunt, but at the same time others are hunting for the same one she is. :ohmy: Who will find them first? Doesn’t matter because she is the one who got her ‘happy ending’.[/quote]

[quote=“shadzar” post=162929]HINT:

Auntie “M” was never in Kansas to begin with.

:whistle:
ANSWER:

[spoiler]Twister

Aunt Meg was in Wakita, Oklahoma[/spoiler]

I don’t remember ever seeing that one, so I didn’t even think of it. I suppose that means I won’t kill you. :lol:

Now that I’ve read the movie summary, it ended up being a great hint too. Good job shadzar!