What's Cooking?

London broil with portobello mushrooms, corn, mashed potatoes, and homemade gravy!

Yami: “The steak is so tender! Absolutely spectacular!!! :yellow_heart::black_heart::yellow_heart::black_heart::yellow_heart::black_heart:

4 Likes

Broccoli Cheddar Chicken and rice casserole, with broccoli Cheddar Mac and cheese!

Yami: “So delicious!!! And this was a recipe your grandmother used to make?”

Yep. Velveeta, broccoli (although this broccoli was frozen…), rice, and chicken! Thought Mac and cheese would pair nicely with it, so added broccoli to Velveeta mac and cheese! Lol

3 Likes

Boneless riblets with sweet hickory mustard sauce, and mixed veggies!

Yami: “The riblets are so tender! And the mustard sauce is so good!!! :yellow_heart::black_heart::yellow_heart::black_heart:

4 Likes

This one is all papa Maou. The food in our freezer was still cold, despite the loss of power on Wednesday afternoon, so we got some charcoal yesterday evening and grilled all this at 1am last night!

5 Likes

I think I’ve said this before, but Papa Maou is a man after my own heart. Grilling at 1 AM, yes!

Mark Gosdin

4 Likes

Yami: “Thanks to that, it salvaged all that meat! We didn’t have to waste it! :yellow_heart::black_heart:

3 Likes

The first meal with our new oven!

Baked ranch chicken breast strips with a cheesy rice pilaf!

Yami: “Oh my gosh!!! This is amazing!!! What’s all in the rice dish?”

Let’s see… Two whole broccoli florets, one tomato, one onion, one box of mushrooms, and half a package of Velveeta cheese. Baked all the veggies at 350 for 20 minutes, added the cheese, and baked at 400 for 20 more minutes! Mixed in 4 cups of rice from the rice cooker, and stirred! And the chicken strips are 2 breasts, cut into strips, and breaded with a mixture of bread crumbs and powdered ranch seasoning!

Yami: “Maou, this is so good!!! I can’t wait to see what you make next in our new oven! :yellow_heart::black_heart::yellow_heart::black_heart::yellow_heart::black_heart::yellow_heart::black_heart::yellow_heart::black_heart::yellow_heart::black_heart:

5 Likes

Brown sugar bourbon BBQ chicken with stuffing and buttered corn!

Yami: “This chicken is incredible!!! It’s both a dry rub and sauced!!! Absolutely delicious!!! :yellow_heart::black_heart::yellow_heart::black_heart:

6 Likes

Tried making my own spaghetti sauce… It didn’t turn out great…

Yami: “It’s good, Maou! Especially for a first attempt at homemade sauce! :yellow_heart::black_heart:

5 Likes

Made some shrimp curry today!

Yami: “SO MUCH YES!!! :yellow_heart::black_heart::yellow_heart::black_heart::yellow_heart::black_heart:

6 Likes

Made some chicken Alfredo today!

Yami: “With broccoli, mushrooms, spinach, and zucchini! Absolutely delicious!!! :yellow_heart::black_heart::yellow_heart::black_heart:

5 Likes

Made some Mac and cheese.

May have needed more milk.

5 Likes

Sirloin steak, baked beans and corn!

Yami: “Such a tender steak! But why baked beans?”

Papa Maou wanted baked beans, and the can was huge, so…

5 Likes

Hot and spicy grilled Spam sandwiches with cheese and mustard!

Yami: “SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! HE-HE! :yellow_heart::black_heart:

4 Likes

Momma Maou’s dish!

Homemade chicken pot pie with a buttermilk biscuit crust!

Yami: “So good! And it was so cute watching Maou and his mom cook together! :yellow_heart::black_heart::yellow_heart::black_heart::yellow_heart::black_heart:

4 Likes

We do a variation on that with a Cheese sauce for the Chicken and homemade biscuits ( if we aren’t too lazy for that. ) as the crust.

It’s good any way you fix it! And time spent with mom is priceless…

Mark Gosdin

4 Likes

Baked veggie medley! Broccoli, Brussels sprouts, and green peppers in Italian dressing!

Yami: “Yum! Delicious!!!”

4 Likes

Homemade guacamole!

Yami: “All’s it is is avocado, tomato, onion, a bit of seasoning, and some lemon juice? Delish!!! :yellow_heart::black_heart::yellow_heart::black_heart:

5 Likes

We make several versions of home made guac, one like yours, the Chipolte cilantro lime version, one that uses lemon & season salt and the quick & dirty add a dash of A1 sauce to the avacado & mash.

Mark Gosdin

4 Likes

Salisbury steaks with steamed broccoli and avocado toast!

Yami: “A quick delicious lunch! Only took 20 minutes! :yellow_heart::black_heart:

6 Likes