What's Cooking?

Homemade cheese steaks!

Yami: “OMG!!! SO MUCH BETTER THAN ONE FROM WAWA!!! :yellow_heart::black_heart::yellow_heart::black_heart::yellow_heart::black_heart:

5 Likes

A hodge-podge dinner! Lol! Chicken breast fillets, stuffing, sweet potato strips, rice with teriyaki sauce and northern beans!

Yami: “Great dinner with what we had available!!! :yellow_heart::black_heart::yellow_heart::black_heart::yellow_heart::black_heart:

6 Likes

This reminds me of those times I can’t decide on one thing to eat so I just eat a little of everything :yum:

Nicely done.

3 Likes

Yami: "Maou did this for you, @WheretheSnakesReign. Lol.

It’s about $1.50, so quality isn’t something you should expect… And the macaroni and cheese has less flavor than the powdered stuff in the .50¢ boxes you can get at the Walmart… But it is a Mcrib analogue!

5 Likes

That was nice of you :blush:

I know those banquet meals don’t have much flavor. But like you said, it’s an analog version lol

3 Likes

I think the biggest thing with trying to imitate foods from places is the sauce and texture.

A good sauce can do a lot.

5 Likes

Baked chicken strips over mashed potatoes, with rice and northern beans!

Yami: “Such a delicious dinner, Maou!!! :yellow_heart::black_heart::yellow_heart::black_heart::yellow_heart::black_heart::yellow_heart::black_heart::yellow_heart::black_heart:

6 Likes

Dry rub ribs with baked beans!

Yami: “Creole hickory ribs!!! So delicious!!! :yellow_heart::black_heart::yellow_heart::black_heart::yellow_heart::black_heart::yellow_heart::black_heart:

6 Likes

Shrimp Alfredo!!!

Yami: “ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE!!! :yellow_heart::black_heart::yellow_heart::black_heart::yellow_heart::black_heart::yellow_heart::black_heart::yellow_heart::black_heart::yellow_heart::black_heart:

6 Likes

Teriyaki tofu and peas over teriyaki rice!

Yami: “So delicious, and literally a 4 ingredient dinner!!! :yellow_heart::black_heart:

5 Likes

Are there ways you use tofu? I don’t know many people who actually like cooking with tofu or even eat it.

4 Likes

Usually, I just simmer it in a sauce while pan frying it or baking it. That, or throw it in a curry.

Never used it as a meat substitute, like that tofu turkey or bacon I’ve seen…

5 Likes

Yami: “Since Maou had to work today, papa Maou cooked corned beef, cabbage, carrots, and potatoes!”

It’s really good! :heart:

6 Likes

The highest of refinement & civilization is the firm belief that good food can heal, body & soul.

Maou’s Dad is a man after my own heart. I’ll bet that was good!

Mark Gosdin

6 Likes

Making a pizza. Dough was not wanting to be round, so heartish shaped it is.

Update:

It was good just feel to full now,

7 Likes

Almost looks like Bessie’s Revenge.

6 Likes

I got distracted. :rofl:

7 Likes

The nice thing about food “OOPS’s” is that you most times can eat them and no one will know. :yum:

Mark Gosdin

6 Likes

Ham and beans with cornbread and rice and beans!

Yami: “So incredible!!!”

5 Likes

Whataburger buffalo marinated chicken strips, with teriyaki rice and mixed veggies! More Whataburger buffalo sauce and Whataburger jalapeno ranch for dipping!

Yami: “@Slowhand!!! WHY DIDN’T YOU TELL US ABOUT THIS BUFFALO SAUCE??? IT’S INCREDIBLE!!!”

5 Likes