Why Is Girls Und Panzers 09 Cut?

Why was this part Cut from episode 09

Was There legal Reasons cause i’m really sad that my Anime Is missing a apart :angry:

I thought there was a part missing…

Ohh, that part. From what I remember, it had to due with the music rights, only had them or were only able to get them for Japanese broadcast.

Yeah, it seems that when Crunchyroll simulcast it, they had to show it sans-Katyusha too. Here’s hoping they work it out for the inevitable blu-ray release.

Anime Network has no control over the footage provided to it for simulcasts or delay casts. They receive whatever is initially provided to the original Japanese broadcast TV stations, not the uncensored and complete cuts that are shown later on digital satellite and cable networks. TAN does not cut or edit shows themselves. They simply stream and air whatever footage was provided to them by Sentai and the Japanese licensors.

Unfortunately, if you want a more complete answer, you need to direct your question to the Japanese rights holders who actually own the show. Sorry that I can’t provide you with more specific information as to the episode.

It doesn’t look like it takes away from the episode, though.

I’m wondering why this is talked about so much? Did it get aired in Japan around the time the episode came out or something (and that clip didn’t have sound effects, so I question if it was part of the show)

It’s not just this little insignificant song, you’ll find anime “fans” love to complain about any edits what-so-ever to their “beloved” hobby.
Just look how much hate 4Kids got over the years.

[quote=“The Coffee God” post=146783]

It’s not just this little insignificant song, you’ll find anime “fans” love to complain about any edits what-so-ever to their “beloved” hobby.
Just look how much hate 4Kids got over the years.[/quote]

To be fair, the song is pretty awesome and we’re all a little diminished by not hearing it. :stuck_out_tongue:

Still, it doesn’t take away from the show by not showing it. It’s just one of those little things that makes you wonder ‘why’?

I’m just trying to figure out why people even know this song exists in the first place. It was talked about quite a bit when it first aired here.

Sadly, not everyone actually watches legal streams, even when they are availible to them and even free.

[quote=“The Coffee God” post=146814]

Sadly, not everyone actually watches legal streams, even when they are availible to them and even free.[/quote]

The way I found out about it was from seeing a clip of that cut section on a forum. I thought to myself “This is really cool, but I don’t remember seeing this in the episode.” That’s when I found it that it was cut from the episode. Even without illegitimate streams, people would have eventually found out about the cut. It would have just taken a little longer.

[quote=“The Coffee God” post=146814]

Sadly, not everyone actually watches legal streams, even when they are availible to them and even free.[/quote]

:huh: Not sure where your getting at but i know of this scene cause after watching episode 1 i want over to YouTube to look up Girls and Panzers to see clips of the show :slight_smile:

I didn’t specify you (or anyone else inside this thread or outside of it), I merely answered a questioning statement as to why people even knew about the insignificant song in the first place.

News travels fast on the net, especially when people get all up in arms (yes, I know, bad pun) about something “missing” from a series (again, I’m not specifying you or anyone else, just a general statement).

[quote=“The Coffee God” post=146783]

Just look how much hate 4Kids got over the years.[/quote]

yeah lets turn the obvious “black” pirate pink, lets have Sanji suck on a lollipop, and admiral smoker, SMOKER, HIS NAME, just billow out smoke for no reason…

maybe people like anime because they are tired of Ameritrash and the culture shock Ameritrash has with other forms of art, so people like to see art left alone rather than being dumbed down for us stupid 'mur-cuns.

it goes with other things than anime as well, which is a simple rule to follow that will help many in life. “if it ain’t yours, then don’t F with it!”

how about that mustache that was drawn on the Mona Lisa? oh, wait, that didn’t happen, because people aren’t allowed to tamper with some pieces of art, but are allowed to screw up others.

next you will be burning books, like the anime edits you love so much because YOU and only you have the right to decide someone else’s art form and expression should be huh? :angry:

i will leave this thread and reply with a little something from S. “Mark Twain” Clemens:

Can we keep it civil, that is one of the main things I like about TAN.

obviously not when someone comes on the forums and calls its users “fans”. putting a word in quotes is a simple mechanic used in written language to slight the people being mention by that word. maybe such personal attacks of the broad users of the forums and this site should not be allowed to make global personal attacks on the other users?

EOL

[quote=“shadzar” post=146848]

obviously not when someone comes on the forums and calls its users “fans”. putting a word in quotes is a simple mechanic used in written language to slight the people being mention by that word. maybe such personal attacks of the broad users of the forums and this site should not be allowed to make global personal attacks on the other users?

EOL[/quote]

I think you are being a but oversensitive and I don’t believe Coffee is referring to anyone here on the site. If you pay attention to any of his posts over the past few years, I think it’s quite clear the types of fans he’s referring to. He’s referring to the types of anime fans who complain about everything that is done in the localization process and then use any excuse to refuse to support an official license or stream of the show, i.e. the types of fans that will refuse to watch the streams on CR or TAN because of the subtitle color, or refuse to support the product because a character’s name was translated (like “Rat” in No 6). When you look into it, many of these alleged fans do nothing but complain and never actually support their hobby in any meaningful way.

Since so many people here are subscribers, either online or VOD, and are supporting the actual shows, then I’m sure Coffee does not include you in those parenthesis, and I don’t think he meant to offend anyone here.

I agree with Shawn. Let’s all try to be a little more civil and less reactionary. This is not ANN or 4chan. Thank you.

[quote=“dragonrider_cody” post=146852]I think you are being a but oversensitive and I don’t believe Coffee is referring to anyone here on the site. If you pay attention to any of his posts over the past few years, I think it’s quite clear the types of fans he’s referring to. He’s referring to the types of anime fans who complain about everything that is done in the localization process and then use any excuse to refuse to support an official license or stream of the show, i.e. the types of fans that will refuse to watch the streams on CR or TAN because of the subtitle color, or refuse to support the product because a character’s name was translated (like “Rat” in No 6). When you look into it, many of these alleged fans do nothing but complain and never actually support their hobby in any meaningful way.

Since so many people here are subscribers, either online or VOD, and are supporting the actual shows, then I’m sure Coffee does not include you in those parenthesis, and I don’t think he meant to offend anyone here. [/quote]

I was just going to leave this alone, since it got way out of hand, but yes, this.
I’ve literally seen people post (not here mind you) about refusing to watch a CR stream because it didn’t start at the right time of day for them.
TIME OF DAY??? REALLY???

The “fans” (and yes, I will continue to dissociate them from actual supporting fans, relegating them to lower lifeforms) I refer to will find absolutely ANY reason to justify their actions.
Omissions and edits are just the most common, hence why I used it as an example.

because everyone who might be watching or watched this episode might noticed the absurd editing cut, and then people became somewhat curious