World of Narue / Narue no Sekai

World of Narue / Narue no Sekai

0000-unnamed

Genres: comedy, drama, romance, science fiction
Themes: Aliens
Objectionable content: Significant
Number of episodes: 12
Vintage: 2003-04-05 to 2003-06-28

Plot Summary: Iizuka Kazuto is a 14 year old boy who meets a somewhat weird but cute and charming girl named Narue Nanase who claims she is an Alien. The show is about the trials and tribulations of the young couple as they get to know each other.

ANN Info Page

English Cast:
Jamie McGonnigal as Kazuto Iizuka
Veronica Taylor as Narue Nanase
Carol Jacobanis as Bathyscaphe
Jimmy Zoppi as Masaki Maruo
Michele Knotz as Hajime Yagi
Rachael Lillis as Kanaka Nanase
Angora Deb as Haruna
Catherine Kim as Aya Kanazawa, Rei Otonashi, Tomi Morino
Dan Green as Avalon B, Chief Judge, Tadashi Nanase

1 Like

Central Park Media Trailer: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/video/265/

If you like ADV style romantic, teen comedies, this will be right up your alley. I guarantee the vast majority of people in this forum will enjoy this very charming and delightful series.

1 Like

OMG I hear the title of this show and it makes me realize how much I miss AZN (I channel). They played some of the best titles out there including Tenchi, Utena, Patlabor, Animation Runner Kuromi, and THE WORLD OF NARUE.

1 Like

I agree with you there Dragoon! This is a great, cute little upbeat series that I just love. It doesn’t try to change the world, or come up with a new way of thinking, or make bold statements about society, it’s just a little series that does what it can. It’s a good fit for ADV, and I’m glad it got saved. The dub is very good on this show too. I can’t wait to finally finish this.

This show is why I watch anime!

1 Like

I also forgot to mention, I would rock that hair clip. Not just for the teleportation, but for the style. And space ships that are also hot chicks? Pure win.

And it’s Veronica Taylor and Narue yeah? She does a great job. Which reminds me of another great title they used to play on ole AZN that also featured Veronica, The Legend of Himiko.

wait I’m sure I have a picture made up to describe my feelings here…

just give me a second…

ahhh, here’s one:

1 Like

Tidbit from Anime Boston, with several people complaining about the previous release’s video quality. ADV mentioned from said convention that they have the original material which doesn’t appear include the issue and they’ll be encoding it as best they can. Though honestly I didn’t really notice it before (I’m only on a SD TV), and watched it on TV before but it’s still nice they are making an effort instead of just an easy transfer.

1 Like

Not sure I really want to re-buy this again.
I got it when the price drop hit from CPM in 2005 or 2006.
And really did not notice any problems.
My main reason for not being sure if I need it again is that I’ve not really rewatched the show since then and have had no urge to do so even though its a great series.
Although it’s also

a incomplete series

I do recommend those that have not seen it give it a shot since during the current ADV sale its $17.99 without got anime at www.Rightstuf.com.

1 Like

I recieved my $17.99 copy the other day. This is a great anime.

There were two times the vidoe when a bit funny even thought the dialog was fine. I have no idea in what episodes they were in. BTW I was trobble about something. This is TVPG related.

Every episode Narue has to show her panties. She is suppose to be 14. One episode where the andriod show her panties, there were no panties in the swimsuit episode or hot spring epsidoe. She did show her panties three time during the cosplay episode. It not like I was really looking for that. I wish that I would have gotten a warning.

1 Like

There were two times the vidoe when a bit funny even thought the dialog was fine. I have no idea in what episodes they were in. BTW I was trobble about something. This is TVPG related.

Every episode Narue has to show her panties. She is suppose to be 14. One episode where the andriod show her panties, there were no panties in the swimsuit episode or hot spring epsidoe. She did show her panties three time during the cosplay episode. It not like I was really looking for that. I wish that I would have gotten a warning.

Eh pantie shots are not really pushing the PG warning really. Even if it is of a 14 year old. She doesn’t exist in real life anyway…it’s just a drawing. Even if it is creepy. Anyway if there was any real sexual situations then yeah they’d rate it differently, but nothing like that happaned in any of the episodes I saw. I think G wouldn’t alow for pantie shots, but PG it’s fine. And yes I did notice the need for panties in each episode. Gata get the fanservice in ;). And wonder why there’s no panties in the hot spring or swimsuit episode? Think about it…
Despite (or because of) that this series is very good. 9/10, I really loved this show. Can’t wait to own it!

Of course each company rates their things, and half the time I don’t think they even pay attention to it. For example Maze got a raiting of 13+ , even though there’s nudity, sex jokes, and everyone wants to sleep with the main character. However Animation Runner Kurumi is raited 16+ and there’s nothing even remotely bad with it. Worst thing in it is a character smokes…THAT’S IT! It should be like 3+. And Grave of the Fireflies was raited 3+ and it’s definitely not for kids. I’d give that a 16+ . I think ADV gives many things PG automatically. A large amount of my ADV dvd’s have that on them… Really unless it’s something like Gants or Elfen Lied I wouldn’t expect much else from them, in termss of raitings anyway.

1 Like

Gets a 9/10 for me too and is almost a must see. To some extend this is an updated Lum with a nice male lead. The biggest problem in the story is the male lead is as passive as Bel Dandy. After a while it starts to drag.

Who said I don’t like fan service. I would have like a warning.

1 Like

I just watched an episode of this series on youtube and I’m interested to see where it goes. Is there any chance this might come to the online player anytime soon?

1 Like

There is always a good chance. Us MOD’s don’t usually know anything to a day before or to it actually happens most of the time.
It’s actually fully up on The Anime Networks Youtube for those interested.
Anime Network YouTube
Video quality is pretty decent.

1 Like

They haven’t decided yet, but it’ll be on Anime Network OP sometime this or next month and on VOD in November, at least that’s the current plan right now.

1 Like

Yes it will be up on the OP probably before the week is over. Thanks!

1 Like

Thanks for the confirmation guys :slight_smile: I will hold off on watchin them on the youtube channel easier.

1 Like

Looking forward to it. Saw it on AZN in the good old days. Can’t remember if I ever finished it… But I did enjoy it.

In any case, I am ready it see it again! Thanks!

1 Like

Aw…‘the good old days’, when Poison, Cinderella, Britney Fox, and every other glam rock/metal band ruled and Nirvana and grunge were still in embryotic form.
When anime like Robotech and Voltron was on tv and toys galore. And live action japanese shows like Spectreman and Goldar where on the air too.

Good times…good times…

1 Like

So, I watched the first episode of this on the TAN OP.

And I have to say, I might actually really enjoy this one.
Though it’s a bit too early to tell yet.

1 Like

It only get’s better and better. Keep watching. Very cute little story.

1 Like

Well I planned on continuing watching it, that’s kind of the point when I’m enjoying something.

1 Like