World of Narue / Narue no Sekai

Can’t hold out til next month for VOD? :wink: Well next month in Nov. Like I said when I started this thread, I believe most of the TAN regulars will enjoy this series. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I missed that little comment on page 2.
I guess I’ll wait until Nov. then, when it comes on VOD, because I definitely prefer that medium over online.

1 Like

This Ugly Yet Beautiful World of Narue.

Now that would be a fun crossover for two shows. It does remind me of TUYBW a bit. Maybe just the themes and length of the series.

A good little show all around.

1 Like

I watch the first episode what do you guys think of the show so far?

1 Like

We already have a Narue thread.

http://www.theanimenetwork.com/component/option,com_kunena/Itemid,65/catid,4/func,view/id,1259/

1 Like

Just checking but what’s everyone’s opinion on the dub? I always thought this dub was well respected, am I correct in thinking that? Personally I find it to be one of CPM’s best dubs. Then again I am a huge fan of New York City dubs, so I might be a little biased. But even then it’s just such a good dub, I think everyone would love it. I can’t find anything at all wrong with it.

This one person (a friend who never speaks highly of dubs anyway…but…) said the dub is horrible though :(. I really must question what these people are listening to sometimes, because this is a top quality dub. Everytime I hear someone say “X dub is horribble” and it’s something with an amazing dub, I do think these people have something stuck in their ears…or just hate for hates sake beacause “the original is always better!!!11!one kawaii kawaii japan>AmeriCA duh!!11!one” . Really what the hell could be wrong with the World of Narue dub?

1 Like

I always thought the dub was real good, and very appropriate for what it was. I mean it’s not the type series that demands and needs a high production valued dub, nor is it Shakespeare. :wink: I wouldn’t say everyone is perfect, but most of the main leads are spot on, and Veronica Taylor is wonderful in it - also really enjoyed Rachel Lillis and Jamie McGonnigal worked well. VT and JM also had a nice blend and chemistry in their voices.

I’m waiting to get the ADV DVD to rewatch it though, unless someone wants to buy me a LC HDTV so I can take my computer to the living room to watch the Online Player away from the desk. :wink:

1 Like

Well glad to see you agree with me on this. I’ll comment more on this later. But I agree it’s not something that demands a lot of difficult acting, but the casting was spot on, and the quiality is very high. I found nothing at all wrong with the acting, or any of the lines, or the script or anything (in fact it’s a very well written, witty, and smart script, even if it s little liberal) . Two lesser known actors I have to give huge props to are Jimmy Zoppi and Michele Knotz . Jimmy Zoppi has done a lot of crazy, out of this world, and over the top characters over the years, and I think he really fits Maruo . Although he really tones himself down for this role. And it’s nice to hear him in this, as it’s a bit different of a role for him. Plus he does a great job, and really impressed me with this. Perhaps my favorite role of his, although then again he truly made the Ping Pong Club dub as well…Michele Knotz was up there with the veterans, even though this was her first role. I think she did a wonderful job as Yagi. She’s quite an actress. I hope to hear mroe from her in the future, as she’s obviously very talented.

I’ll talk about the rest later. (still haven’t finished watching the show, but someone said something bad about the dub…so that’s what brought all this up)

1 Like

i liked the first episode and am looking forward to watching this series… hopefully its as good as everyone says it is…

yoka

1 Like

Right now TAN is playing the same episodes I saw on AZN before it went off the air, but I’m enjoying it. Can’t wait to see some more of it. CPM has a special place in my heart, so it’s good to see some of their shows still around.

1 Like

Saw the first episode and liked it. Of course any dub with Veronica Taylor is a win for me.

1 Like

Watched episode #5 today. I really like this show. This isn’t my first viewing either. I originally saw it on TV and it is still fun to watch. :slight_smile:

In the very beginning of the episode, Kazuto sees Narue, who tells him she is on her way to the locker room. He gets a vision in his mind of Narue undressing and Narue accuses him of perverted thoughts. It was very reminiscent of Mahoromatic!! :lol:

Also enjoying Lisa Ortiz in the dub. She is one of my favorites. The only bummer is her parts are so small.

1 Like

Episode 6 -

Kazuto wakes up to find he has a little sister!! But it turns out that she is really a battle android. It seems to be important to get the Nanase family to leave Earth, so the Inspector sent this android, Rin, to seduce Kazuto away from Narue. I guess he thought if Narue had a broken heart, she’d leave.
But it was funny to see Narue experience jealousy for the first time and not know what it was. Hajime had to explain it to her. They are becoming friends, and we find out why Hajime wanted to prove Narue wasn’t an alien.
And it was nice to see that Kazuto has such strong feelings for Narue, that Rin’s mind control wouldn’t work on him when she told him to kiss her - even if he did claim to be weak willed. And Rin ends up saving his life too. Then Kazuto gets a kiss from Narue - very sweet! :slight_smile: But “close your eyes and clench your teeth”? Pretty funny!! :laugh:

1 Like

Episode 7 -

It is summer and very hot. The kids decide to go to the pool, but it turns out to be very crowded and Kanaka takes them to another pool that is through a broom closet. It turns out that Kazuto can’t swim, so Kanaka helps him out with some kind of lotion and things get pretty funny. Love the “Astro Boy” line!!
Kanaka then transports them to a beach, but it turns out to be prehistoric. I like the scenes of Kanaka chasing everyone with a mammoth. In running away, Yagi and Maruo get separated from Narue and Kazato. There is a funny scene of Kazuto trying not to look at Narue’s chest. He is such a gentleman! Yagi gets very suspicious of the “pool” and questions the bright lights. She starts to believe that there is a wormhole in the broom closet!
But it turns out that they are in a VR world, in a game that Kanaka won as a gift. I would love to have a game like that! And everything turns out ok in the end, but since Yagi passed out, she misses all the “alien” stuff!

1 Like

After watching this all the way through I think my only complaint is this show could easily go on to 26 or more episodes, and it has no real conclusion to it, except perhaps what you can infer from the last scene where the director talks to Kazuto and Narue after the fight at the festival.

1 Like

But that’s how all slice-of-life shows are. They have no real conclusion, it’s all about the journey and not the end goal, like real life. That is until you die.

1 Like

Episode 8 -

The story of how Narue’s mom and dad met was very sweet, and at times very funny! I like how the family just accepted the fact that Tadashi was an alien – it didn’t even faze them. And Kanaka putting a piece of cake by Narue’s mother’s picture at the household shrine was a nice touch too.

1 Like

True, but there’s enough elements that could work to more of a conclusion than what this gives.

1 Like

Episode 9 -

Bathyscaphe takes the kids to the beach for the day and Kanaka wants to give Narue and Kazuto time alone, so makes up an excuse not to stay with them. But all Narue wants to do is find something for dinner! however, I don’t think Kazuto really minded all that much.
Kanaka and Bathyscaphe meet another Starship, Haruna, that has run away from the military and has fallen in love with a human. I like how she thinks a soup ladle is a weapon and the way she was so obviously following them around. :laugh:
At one point Narue gives Kazuto her headband to hold. And when he is later rescued from the tsunami, Bathyscaphe tells Narue that even unconscious and underwater, he would not let go of the forward connector. Aww!
When Haruna has to reveal her true form in order to save everyone, it was sad that she thought she had to say goodbye to her boyfriend. I’m glad he didn’t reject her just because she’s an alien Starship, although it didn’t seem to faze him either. The humans on this show are really accepting people; I like that!

1 Like