- Give us a short summary of the problem you are experiencing with the Online Player.
- Akane Iro ni Somaru Saka Episode 11, HD version shows very choppy playback and audio is out of sync with video. When viewing during streaming download, the little “buffering” wheel comes on about every 10 seconds or so for the entire episode. All other episodes and formats in this series play normally. If I record the FLV, it’s got problems too. If I hack the video stream, it looks like (at least) the first reference frame (i-frame) is missing due to corruption. And, the timecode stream is also corrupted, giving rise to the extreme choppy playback. If I re-mux the FLV into an MKV, ignoring the corrupted timecode stream, playback is reasonable except for the corrupted i-frame at the beginning of the video stream causing an audio/video sync problem.
- Did this just start happening, has it been going on for a while or is it a problem that came back after being fixed?
- This one particular episode has had this problem, at lease as far back as a few months ago, when I first tried to view it. I was rather hoping it was a problem on my end, but the problem is pretty persistent and reproducible.
- Affected Show Title(s) - is it happening to a particular show, certain shows or everything
- Problem is with Akane Iro ni Somaru Saka
- Affected Episode Number(s) - is it happening to a particular episode, certain episodes or all episodes
- Problem is with only episode 11
- Affected Language Version - if the show is Dual Language, is it the dubbed, dubbed or both versions that are affected
- Only a subtitled version is available, and that’s the one affected
- Affected Video Format - is it the SD, HD or both versions that are affected
- Problem is with the HD format, the SD format is ok
- What Operating System are you using? Which version is it? (Windows Vista, Mac 10.4, etc)
- I’m using Win7 x64
- What Browser are you using? Which version is it? (Chrome, Internet Explorer 7, FireFox 3.6, etc)
- IE 9, Chrome, FireFox all have the same behavior
- Is it happening in just one Browser or multiple browsers?
- Problem is reproducible across multiple browsers
- Is your Flash Player/Plugin up to date?
- Yes, latest version. As of 05.01.2013, 11.7.700.169
If you are having trouble with smooth video playback, tell us about your internet connection:
- What type of connection are you using? (Cable, DSL, WiFI, ect)
- Comcast Cable, DOCSIS 3 cable modem, 1GB LAN connection (not WiFi) to a 1GB NIC in the PC.
- Run a speed test and post the download speed results - we recommend http://www.speedtest.net/
- OK, it’s posted on: http://www.speedtest.net/result/2682196489.png
That’s 59.65Mb/s down and 6.18Mb/s up
I hope I’ve given you folks enough info to solve the problem. If you want me to share back the recorded FLV file, I can do that too.