Angel Beats

Finally got around to finishing the first 3 episodes.

My experience with Visual Art’s/Key stuff is kind of a mixed bag.
I loved Kanon.
Disliked Clannad.
And only kind of liked Air.

This, on the other hand, is a whole new beast.
I’m actually really liking this one so far, but that is, at least in part, because it doesn’t follow the standard Visual Art’s/Key formula.

Could that be due to it is a P.A. Works’ interpretation of a Visual Art’s/Key property?

That’s entirely possible.
As it’s definitely much different than the other Key works that KyoAni made.

Please tell me someone’s importing the CD soundtrack for this show, and it has all the full songs on it. Or will I have to go to Amazon.co.jp?

I just watched episode 6 dubbed, Angel Beats is definitely one of my top 5 favorite animes now.

:laughing:
I would love to say thank you for all of your great reviews about this show. I decided(for me) to give it another chance and watched ep. 2. I will not put in any spoilers. I am glad I gave this show another watch. It is funny and po(special). Thanks for the great job on the reviews. :laughing:

ONLINE PLAYER NOTICE:

Ep 5 of Angels Beats as of now the HD has no subtitles and because of the Holiday Weekend can’t be fixed to next week sometime. So watch the SD if you want subtitles.

Just finished up ep. 05 and it sooooo reminded me of this scene from Magikano!

PIc

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v295/thecoffeegod/home/an/mknomh_l.jpg

I wanted to watch episode 7 dubbed on itunes today. Whoever is responsible for not having episode 7 available on itunes today, I hope they get fired. j/k

This is most likely because of the holiday, it should be up tomorrow.

That episode was up this morning when I looked.

Yep, I watched it already. :slight_smile:

You’re welcome.

Angel Beats! Blu-ray Complete Collection is reserved for my order over at Rightstuf. Probably be a little bit before mine ships since I put it in with the August stuff since there was nothing else from July I was buying.

My Angel Beats! Blu-ray Complete Collection says “Reserved For Your Order” also, it is with my copy of Demon King Daimao Blu-ray Complete Collection but that says “Processing”.

I will know soon if they ship together but it doesn’t look like they will.

This is stupid, Demon King Daimao Blu-ray shipped today but now Angel Beats! Blu-ray is “Processing” so it will most likely ship tomorrow.

Did you have to miss out on the Rightstuf sale for some reason?
Amazon has the sets for prices not much off from the rightstuf ones.

Release date is the 26th of July.

I just got my Angel Beats! blu-ray in the mail today. I also got my Demon King Daimao Blu-ray today. They were on the same order, I wonder why they shipped separately.

I just finished watching Angel Beats! The last few episodes of Angel Beats I noticed a lot of Dialogue changes from the fansubs, and now Angel Beats does not seem rushed towards the end anymore.

I give all thumbs up on the awesome dub and this awesome anime. The High Definition of Angel Beats on iTunes looks like crap compared to the blu-ray on my new Sony LED 1080p/24p tv, I should turn on the simulated 3D on my tv and try to watch it now.

Is it my imagination or did Otonashi more or less ask Tachibana out on a date in episode 6?