AN Forums

Anime Network Online's New Website Open Beta

Either / or would definitely work better.

[quote=“spazzysam, post:19, topic:8533”]
Would “Synposis” or “Summary” be a better alternative?
[/quote] I’d probably go with summary but either would be fine.

I’ll vote for summary.

Another vote for “Summary”.

Mark Gosdin

Can always break them down even more, genre wise:
Yuri
Yaoi
Sword & Sorcery
Movies
Naughty… :blush:

Since you solicited feedback, I have a request: could you please add a “remember me” feature to the login? ANN used to have this once upon a time, but I now have to log in each time I visit the site or if I leave it idle more than two or three hours. That requires you to navigate to the login screen and back to whatever you wanted to watch if you forget to log in first – not the biggest hassle in the world, but it is an annoyance. It’s a common enough feature that I hope it would be easy to implement, but if not… your choice, I guess. Thanks for listening!

I just learned about the open beta today. I’ve been watching Brynhilder in the Darkness with the new video player and I have to say it’s a vast improvement over the old player. I have it playing in HD on a 32 in. Insignia HDTV with no stuttering or jerkiness. I’m feeding it with a HP laptop computer through a displayport connector. I’m especially loving the autoplay/playlist feature. This makes the TAN videoplayer as good as, if not better than the Crunchyroll one.

I’ll give a more in depth report later but I wanted to give my first impressions while they were still fresh.

Trying out the site on Google Chrome and I’m really impressed, especially with the video player. Of course I wish we could get an option to put the quality at 1080p but given how rare that is for anime in making it look right and how this hasn’t been achieved on the site I appreciate the overall effort.

My only issue is just how empty the pages look sometimes when on full screen.
IMG1 - The negative space on the outside makes it feel like I’am squinting at a small screen within a screen. Maybe if you enlarge everything that could fix it, or make a custom background image that compliments the space along with adding extra windows for ads or daily news/forum posts.

IMG2 - This is also an issue when watching on the player when I don’t want to pop it to full screen, the content just feels lonely with the negative space.

screen shot 1

screen shot 2

Oh, plus when I squish the page horizontally, the Anime Network logo enlarges to pixelated levels which I find a little distracting for the casual viewer that likes looking at ANN or Funi sites.

But overall this is a vast improvement and I appreciate that its similar to the style of the forums, keeping consistency. Just want to see the negative space to be used for something along with getting rid of the enlarge logo function when shrinking the web page

NOTICE OF MAINTENANCE

Our website will be undergoing a period of schedule maintenance on Tuesday 9/1 from 6 - 9 AM Eastern (5 - 8 AM Central, 3 - 6 AM Pacific).

Well, cats & kiddies, in case you didn’t notice, we have now fully launched the new site.
Thanks again for all of your feedback.

I’m going to go ahead and close out this topic. If you have any questions or issues, head over to the new Technical Support Thread.