Anime Network VOD Reports/Updates/Questions Thread (2009 Archive)

Cablevision In Wall Township, New Jersey 07719.

It’s a little bit of slow update week. :frowning: Before 2 am there wasn’t anything up and in last 30 minutes or so the update has been coming in.

Got so far this week:
Leend Of The Dark Kings 12
Ghost Hound 06
Orphen 19
Rahxephon 01 and 02
Soul Hunter 23
Tsukihime 01 and 02 (FMP replacement?)
Clannad After Story 07
Alice Academy 13
Daphne In The Brilliant Blue 18
Diamond Daydreams 10
Popotan 01
Maria Watches Over us Printemp 03
Supergals 31
Aria The Natural 07
He Is My Master 07
Little Snow Fairy Sugar 05
A Tree Of Palme

Still Missing:
Revolutionary Girl Utena 18
You’re Under Arrest 11
Word Of Narue 04

The Anime Network 12/03 additions, available until 12/30 on DirecTV channel 1889
San Francisco Bay Area, 94536

Alice Academy (13) Chase the top star

• Aria the Natural (sub) (07) Going To The Cats’ Kingdom…
    Clannad After Story (sub) (07) Her Whereabouts
    Daphne in the Brilliant Blue (18) Conflicts Winding Down
    Get Backers (31) Hera and Kite
    Ghost Hound (sub) (06) Brain Homunculus
    He Is My Master (sub) (07) He Is Izumi’s <3<3<3!?
    Legend of the Dark King (sub) (12) The Fall of Ken-oh’s Government
    Little Snow Fairy Sugar (05) The Elder Arrives!!
  • Maria Watches Over Us Printemps (03) An Extremely Busy Day
    Popotan (01) Secret House - - - - - - - (premiere)
    Revolutionary Girl Utena (18) Mitsuru’s Growing Pains
    Soul Hunter (23) Taikun falls in the desperate situation
    Wedding Peach (33) The Love That Blossomed on the Battlefield
    World of Narue (04) A Younger Big Sister
  • You’re Under Arrest TV (11) File 11: The Santa From Hell

Notes:
*) Daphne = one per week now, Popotan and Dokkaida alternate weeks.
*) Four shows not on the http://www.theanimenetwork.com/Video-On-Demand-Schedule/DirecTV: Aria, DN Angel, Maria S2, YUA.
*) Wedding Peach appears to be once every 4 weeks, D.N.Angel every 3
weeks.
*) Clannad After Story is season 2, but the episode descriptions are from season 1.

https://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/listing/dodMovies.jsp?category=Interests&subcategory=Animation 1w | Alice Academy (sub) - - - - - 10, 11, 12, 13+ 1w | Aria the Natural (sub) - - - 04, 05, 06, 07+ . "unscheduled" -- | Aria TV (sub) - - - - - - - - (not 13) missing "season finale" -- | Babel II: Beyond Infinite - - 11, 12, 13 . "finale" -- | Baptism of Blood (sub) - - - 00 (95 min) . "live action" 1w | Clannad After Story (sub) - - 04, 05, 06, 07+ -- | Cosmo Warrior Zero - - - - - (not 11, 12) . "missing 2" 1w | Daphne in the Brilliant Blue 11,12, 13,14, 15,16,17, 18+ 3w | DN Angel - - - - - - - - - - 18, 19+ . "unscheduled" 1w | Get Backers - - - - - - - - - 28, 29, 30, 31+ 1w | Ghost Hound (sub) - - - - - - 03, 04, 05, 06+ -- | Gun Frontier - - - - - - - - (not 11) . "missing 1" 1w | He Is My Master (sub) - - - - 04, 05, 06, 07+ -- | Kiba - - - - - - - - - - - - (not 40) 50, 51 . "finale" 1w | Legends o t Dark King (sub) - 09, 10, 11, 12+ 1w | Little Snow Fairy Sugar - - - 02, 03, 04, 05+ -- | Maria Watches Over Us 1 (sub) (not 11) . "missing 1" 1w | Maria Watches Over Us P (sub) 01, 02, 03+ 2w | Popotan - - - - - - - - - - - 01+ . "premiere" 1w | Revolutionary Girl Utena - - 15, 16, 17, 18+ 1w | Soul Hunter - - - - - - - - - 20, 21, 22, 23+ 5w | Wedding Peach - - - - - - - - 33+ 1w | World of Narue - - - - - - - 01, 02, 03, 04+ 1w | You're Under Arrest - - - - - 08, 09, 10, 11+ . "unscheduled"

Summary: 14 scheduled, 4 unscheduled, 1 incomplete, 8 missing.

TAN’s http://www.theanimenetwork.com/Video-On-Demand-Schedule/DirecTV had these eight episodes, which are still missing: 2009-09-17 Cosmo Warrior Zero 11: Great Technologia 2009-09-17 Gun Frontier 11: Secret Weapon Factory in Jamacity 2009-09-17 Kiba 40: Sought After Power 2009-09-17 Maria Watches Over Us (sub) 11: White Petals 2009-09-17 Princess Resurrection (sub) 21: Princess Banishment 2009-09-17 Princess Resurrection (sub) 22: Princess Slaughter 2009-09-24 Aria the TV (season finale) 13: That White Morning 2009-09-24 Cosmo Warrior Zero 12: Endless Battle One damaged episode (missing its last 10 minutes): 2009-11-05 Aria the Natural (damaged) 03: Meteor Shower Night

TWC, 13215, looks like I got the entire update as scheduled. X means I’ve already watched it. Copied from post above:

X Alice Academy (13) Chase the top star
Aria the Natural (sub) (07) Going To The Cats’ Kingdom…
X Clannad After Story (sub) (07) Her Whereabouts
Daphne in the Brilliant Blue (18) Conflicts Winding Down
Get Backers (31) Hera and Kite
Ghost Hound (sub) (06) Brain Homunculus
X He Is My Master (sub) (07) He Is Izumi’s <3<3<3!?
Legend of the Dark King (sub) (12) The Fall of Ken-oh’s Government
X Little Snow Fairy Sugar (05) The Elder Arrives!!
Maria Watches Over Us Printemps (03) An Extremely Busy Day
Popotan (01) Secret House - - - - - - - (premiere)
Revolutionary Girl Utena (18) Mitsuru’s Growing Pains
Soul Hunter (23) Taikun falls in the desperate situation
Wedding Peach (33) The Love That Blossomed on the Battlefield
World of Narue (04) A Younger Big Sister
You’re Under Arrest TV (11) File 11: The Santa From Hell

Received everything. Clannad After still have the wrong episode descriptions.

**Charter
Pasco, WA 99301

Received 12-3-2009 **
Alice Academy ep. 13 - Chase After the Top Star
Aria The Natural Subtitled ep. 7 Going To The Cats’ Kingdom…
Clannad After Story ep. 7 - Where She Belongs
Daphne in the Brilliant Blue ep. 18 - Conflicts Winding Down
Ghost Hound Subtitled ep. 6 - Brain Homunculus
He Is My Master Subtitled ep. 7 - He is Izumi’s ???!?
Legends of the Dark King - A Fist of the North Star Story ep. 12 - The King of Fist’s Office is Falling!
Little Snow Fairy Sugar ep. 5 - The Elder Arrives!!
Maris Watches Over Us ~Printemps~ Subtitled ep. 3 An Extremely Busy Day
Popotan ep. 1 - Secret House
Revolutionary Girl Utena ep. 18 - Mitsuru’s Growing Pains
Soul Hunter ep. 23 - Taikun Falls in the Desperate Situation
Supergals ep. 31 - Welcome! - Exciting Opening of Palm Tree!
World of Narue ep. 4 - A Younger Big Sister
You’re Under Arrest TV Season 1 ep. 11 The Santa From Hell

AT&T U-Verse
Fort Worth,TX 76107

SVOD Received 12/3:
Alice Academy - 13
Aria the Natural - 7
Daphne in the Brilliant Blue - 18
Ghost Hound -6
He is My Master - 7
Legends of the Dark KIng - 12
Little Snow Fairy Sugar - 5
Maria Watches Over Us Printemps - 3
Revolutionary Girl Utena - 18
Soul Hunter - 23
Super Gals - 31
You’re Under Arrest - 11
Free VOD Received 12/3:
DN Angel - 3
Get Backers - 31
Popotan - 1

Did Not Receive 12/3:
Clannad After Story - 7
World of Narue - 4

Missing from 11/26
Aria the Natural - 6 <was on last week, but disappeared during this week’s update>

Still Did NOT Receive from 11/19:
Daphne in the Brilliant Blue - 16
World of Narue - 2

This week’s update is a real mess. All the shows that previously had “subtitled” after the titles showed up without the sub suffix, which made the new episodes appear at the top of the list instead of the bottom. I’m just grateful we got the episodes, irregardless of how it is typed in. I can’t understand why U-Verse keeps dropping episodes. I know they are aware there is a problem, so why is it taking 10+ weeks to fix it? Remind me again why I pay for this.

Solving local problems are a complex matter. A lot of the episodes you had problems with, have shown no signs of problems at their head office - when that happens it can take time.

Problems are not also immediately viewed at by the VOD company as correlative. They are their own isolated islands. The 10 weeks of issues you describe, to them are maybe 2-3 partial updates. In their view they may think the problem is solved… until they hear back from Anime Network again with the reports I compile for them.

VOD technology is expansive and complicated, further compounded by local issues. It could be as simple as your headend forgetting to post it, or the Hard Drives in your area could be a lot smaller, failed, not accepting the episodes. There’s a lot of complex variables at play when they are dealing with 100s or 1000s of episodes updated per week. Unfortunately this happens with VOD as a whole, not only with AT&T but it happens to every provider and VOD operator at some point.

It’s the cost of low price and convenience. That’s my pragmatic and reality based answer. :wink:

There are other alternatives like subscribing to Anime Network Online Player - in that case the problems are a lot easier to fix since all the shows are handled by Anime Network directly, but the online infrastructure isn’t as robust as VOD since the latter networks have significantly more money put into them. Then of course the ultimate option of buying the DVDs where there’s less middlemen in between you and the shows - but that option is a lot more expensive.

Revolutionary Girl Utena 18, You’re Under Arrest 11, Word Of Narue 04 are no longer missing. :slight_smile:

Time Warner Cable
San Antonio, TX 78251

Checked the list of episodes available via my cable terminal and all the updates for this week as listed on the Time Warner OnDemand site seem to be present.

Good to hear that the 6 episodes that were missing from the 11/5 update should be available next week and that you’ve extended the availability dates for the subsequent episodes of the affected series by a few weeks. I had been holding off on watching the latter episodes of the series with missing episodes because I’d much rather watch them in order.

Hopefully the OnDemand stars will be aligned next week and all the episodes both new and old will be added without issue.

On a related note, when will the end dates for the episodes that are having their availability extended go into affect? The for the http://www.twondemand.com/free/resultsall.aspx?pageId=80&pageMode=listgrid&type=category&id=161 Anime Network currently shows the old end dates.

TWC Round Rock, TX 78681

Schedule for December 3, 2009:
Alice Academy 13 - "Chase After the Top Star!"
Clannad After Story 7 - "Where She Belongs!"
Daphne in the Brilliant Blue 18 - "Conflicts Winding Down!"
GetBackers 31 - "Hera and Kite!"
Ghost Hound 6 - "Brain Homunculus!"
He Is My Master 7 - "He Is Izumi’s???!?"
Legends of the Dark King: A Fist of the North Star Story 12 - "The King of Fist’s Office is Falling!"
Popotan 1 - “Secret House!” <FIRST EPISODE>
Revolutionary Girl Utena 18 - "Mitsuru’s Growing Pains!"
Sugar: A Little Snow Fairy 5 - "The Elder Arrives!!"
Soul Hunter 23 - "Taikun Falls in the Desperate Situation!"
Wedding Peach 33 - "The Love That Blossomed on the Battlefield!"
World of Narue 4 - “A Younger Big Sister!”
<>

Received, but not on Schedule:
Aria The Natural 7 - "Going To The Cats’ Kingdom…"
Maria Watches Over Us - Printemps 3 - "An Extremely Busy Day!"
You’re Under Arrest TV Season 1 11 - “File 11: The Santa From Hell!”

Thanks for all the help with the missing episodes! You guys rock!!

dragoon,

I appreciate that you took time to respond and I do know that these issues can take time to resolve. My frustration lies with AT&T and their lousy customer service, not TAN. I have a premium subscription and enjoy being able to watch most things that AT&T drops on the Online Player. Next time, I’ll try not to post right after I get off the phone with AT&T. That’s what gets me all riled up.

shadycat

It’s cool, I understand. I’ve seen it happen here for 4-5 + yrs now. :wink: I’ve dealt with my own Cable company’s VOD problems as well, so I know the frustration first hand.

For a company that’s been around this long though, I have to say AT&T has one of the better ones, and least complained ones around here. It’s only until recently these problems happened - but as with any cable/sat company and any content provider, it really is not a matter of if, but when. These issues strike everyone at all levels no matter if it’s a content provider like HBO or Anime Network and all cable/sat companies.

Sadly, it’s just the nature of the system.

Cable and Satellite companies, the larger they grow - the more content providers they pick up, more episodes get posted, more regions they expand to - they seemingly don’t have the capacity to improve the system. As it evolves it creates new, never-ending problems.

Case in point, all the people who have been complaining about Time Warner VOD missing updates for the last 2 yrs here… how many have switched? None to my knowledge.

Unless consumers in large masses are able to send a clear message to the Cable/Satellite companies to improve their VOD set up and services, these VOD issues that have been going on since early 2000s will continue to exist. Most of the consumers are casual enough that these niche missing updates are a blip on the Cable/VOD companies radar. Instead, especially with SVOD issues, some people have done the reverse and cancelled the subscription service. This didn’t affect the cable company at all, rather it just sent them a signal that Anime is not popular.

Improving the system is hard when VOD is viewed as an add-on service by both the companies and consumers - no one wants to make the hard choices, and those that do are too small in # to register.

So most of us have learned to deal with VOD companies issues, for good and bad. :wink:

Full update received. :slight_smile: The “Subtitled” suffix for the subbed shows was dropped here too for this week, but I don’t really mind as long as the right episodes are there. :stuck_out_tongue:

[size=3]December 3, 2009: TWC, 79925[/size]

[size=3]Received: All[/size]

[size=1]Action Zone[/size]
[size=3]

• Get Backers 31 - “Hera and Kait”
  • Ghost Hound (subbed) 06 - “Brain Homunculus”
  • Legends of the Dark King: A Fist of the North Star Story (subbed) 12 - “The King of Fist’s Office is Falling!”
  • Revolutionary Girl Utena 18 - “Mitsuru’s Growing Pains”
  • Soul Hunter 23 - “Tai-kun Falls in the Desperate Situation”
  • You’re Under Arrest TV 11 - “File 11: The Santa from Hell”[/size]

[size=1]Girl Power[/size]
[size=3]

• Alice Academy (subbed) 13 - “Chase After the Top Star”
  • Clannad After Story (subbed) 07 - "Where She Belongs "
  • Daphne in the Brilliant Blue 18 - “Conflicts Winding Down”
  • Maria Watches Over Us ~Printemps~ 03 - “An Extremely Busy Day”
  • Popotan 01 - “Secret House” >>NEW!<<
  • Wedding Peach 33 - “The Love That Blossomed On The Battlefield”
  • World of Narue 04 - “A Younger Big Sister”[/size]

[size=1]Super Happy Funtime[/size]
[size=3]

• Aria The Natural (subbed) 07 - “Going to the Cats’ Kingdom…”
  • He Is My Master (subbed) 07 - “He Is Izumi’s <3<3<3!?”
  • Little Snow Fairy Sugar 05 - “The Elder Arrives!!”[/size]

**Shaw Cable
Vancouver BC, V3V 2P4

December 3rd Update

Received:**
Alice Academy: 13
Aria the Natural: 7
Clannad After Story: 7
Daphne In The Brilliant Blue: 18
Ghost Hound: 6
He Is My Master: 7
Legends of the Dark King - A Fist of the North Star Story: 12
Little Snow Fairy Sugar: 5
Maria Watches Over Us Printemps: 3
Popotan: 1
Revolutionary Girl Utena: 18
Soul Hunter: 23
Supergals: 31
World of Narue: 4
You’re Under Arrest TV: 11

Compilation of reports and issues from the last week have been sent to Anime Network today

Charter Glendale, CA 91205

[size=4]Update Received At 5pm[/size]

Received the missing parts of my update some time on Sun. Dec. 13, so nothing is missing, and I received everything.

Received 1 New show this week:

[size=4]Dokkoida?![/size]

[size=4]Received (December 10)[/size]

• Dokkoida?! Ep. 01 ___(New)
• Maria Watches Over Us ~Printemps~ (Subbed) Ep. 04
• World of Narue Ep. 05
• Little Snow Fairy Sugar Ep. 06
• Ghost Hound (Subbed) Ep. 07
• Aria The Natural (Subbed) Ep. 08
• Clannad After Story (Subbed) Ep. 08
• He Is My Master (Subbed) EP. 08
• You’re Under Arrest TV Ep. 12
• Alice Academy (Subbed) Ep. 14
• Revolutionary Girl Utena Ep. 19
• SuperGALS! (Subbed) Ep. 32
• Daphne in the Brilliant Blue Ep. 19
• Soul Hunter Ep. 24
• Legends of the Dark King - A Fist of the North Star Story (Subbed) Ep. 13

[size=4]Did Not Receive (December 10)[/size]

-NA-

dragoon wrote:

[quote][size=4]November 5 Missing Update problems for Free VOD (Dec 1, 09 News)[/size]

• Anime Network has contacted Time Warner and the VOD company and the solution Anime Network has resent these episodes to the VOD company so they can be repitched/reupdated on your VOD. These shows (below) will now run 12/10/09 thru 1/6/10:

**Aria the Natural 03
Babel II 10
He is My Master 03
Revolutionary Girl Utena 14
Wedding Peach 32
You’re Under Arrest TV 07

Other episodes that month will be extended to 1/6/10 so that you guys won’t miss the following episodes.

He is My Masters episodes 4 thru 6
Aria the Natural episodes 4 thru 6
Revolutionary Girl Utena episodes 15 thru 17
You’re Under Arrest TV episodes 8 thru 10
Babel II episodes 11-13

• Anime Network is talking to DirecTV and AT&T about the remaining recent issues.[/quote]

When will the second part of this come into effect? The missing episodes have been replaced, but now the following episodes (Utena 15, Babel 11, etc) have expired as originally scheduled. So when will those episodes, and the ones after, be extended to 1/6? I’m guessing Utena 15 and co. will be put back as well?

dragoon wrote:

The eastern time zone should see this already on DirecTV:

• Aria the Natural Subtitled Ep 03r TVPG
    The girls make plans to watch the meteor shower tonight.

“03r” for the retransmission.

-Joe

joeinwap wrote:

[quote]dragoon wrote:

The eastern time zone should see this already on DirecTV:

• Aria the Natural Subtitled Ep 03r TVPG
    The girls make plans to watch the meteor shower tonight.

“03r” for the retransmission.

-Joe[/quote]

Joe, it’s available everywhere. DirecTV works out of one set of servers, so at midnight ET/9PM PT all the week’s updates are available. It’s good to see the full episode is available now.

The Anime Network 12/10 additions, available until 01/06 on DirecTV channel 1889
San Francisco Bay Area, 94536

Alice Academy (14) To Reclaim Natsume *

• Aria the Natural (sub) (08) On That Day Of The Bocolo…
  • Aria the Natural (sub) (03r) On That Night Of The Meteor Shower… (resend)
    Clannad After Story (sub) (08) A Fight With Courage
    Daphne in the Brilliant Blue (19) Submarine “Yomogi No. 1” Doesn`t Rise to the Surface
  • DN Angel (20) Because I Wanted To See You
    Dokkoida?! (01) Enter Dokkoida! - - - - - - (premiere)
    Ghost Hound (sub) (07) L.T.P. -Long Term Potentiation
    He Is My Master (sub) (08) An Unbelievably Short Strike Zone
    Legend of the Dark King (sub) (13) Making My Way to the Heavens (finale)
    Little Snow Fairy Sugar (06) I Couldn’t Say Sorry
  • Maria Watches Over Us Printemps (04) Will
    Revolutionary Girl Utena (19) The Song of the Fallen Kingdom
    Soul Hunter (24) Grand Master shows the future to Taikun
    World of Narue (05) Kanaka Goes To School
  • You’re Under Arrest TV (12) File 12: Saori’s Appearance

Notes:
*) The incomplete episode, Aria ep 03, has been resent.
*) Aria ep 08 has the wrong episode description; spring cleaning happened in season 1 ep 08. The content for season 2 ep 08 matches its title: “The Day of Festa Del Bòcolo …” (giving roses).
*) Daphne is one per week now, with Popotan and Dokkaida filling in alternate weeks.
*) Wedding Peach appears to be once every 4 weeks, D.N.Angel every 3 weeks, GetBackers every 2 weeks.
*) Four shows not on the http://www.theanimenetwork.com/Video-On-Demand-Schedule/DirecTV: Aria, DN Angel, Maria S2, YUA.

https://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/listing/dodMovies.jsp?category=Interests&subcategory=Animation 1w | Alice Academy (sub) - - - - - 11, 12, 13, 14+ 1w | Aria the Natural (sub) - - - 03 "resend", 05, 06, 07, 08+ "unscheduled" -- | Aria TV (sub) - - - - - - - - (not 13) missing "season finale" -- | Babel II: Beyond Infinite - - 12, 13 . "finale" 1w | Clannad After Story (sub) - - 05, 06, 07, 08+ -- | Cosmo Warrior Zero - - - - - (not 11, 12) . "missing 2" 1w | Daphne in the Brilliant Blue 13,14, 15,16,17, 18, 19+ 3w | DN Angel - - - - - - - - - - 19, 20+ . "unscheduled" 2w | Dokkoida?! - - - - - - - - - 01+ . "premiere" 2W | Get Backers - - - - - - - - - 29, 30, 31 1w | Ghost Hound (sub) - - - - - - 04, 05, 06, 07+ -- | Gun Frontier - - - - - - - - (not 11) . "missing 1" 1w | He Is My Master (sub) - - - - 05, 06, 07, 08+ 1w | Kiba - - - - - - - - - - - - (not 40) 51 . "finale" 1w | Legends o t Dark King (sub) - 10, 11, 12, 13+ 1w | Little Snow Fairy Sugar - - - 03, 04, 05, 06+ -- | Maria Watches Over Us 1 (sub) (not 11) . "missing 1" 1w | Maria Watches Over Us P (sub) 01, 02, 03, 04+ 2W | Popotan - - - - - - - - - - - 01 . "premiere" 1w | Revolutionary Girl Utena - - 16, 17, 18, 19+ 1w | Soul Hunter - - - - - - - - - 21, 22, 23, 24+ 4w | Wedding Peach - - - - - - - - 33 1w | World of Narue - - - - - - - 02, 03, 04, 05+ 1w | You're Under Arrest - - - - - 09, 10, 11, 11+ . "unscheduled"

Summary: 11 scheduled, 4 unscheduled, 1 resend, 8 missing.

TAN’s http://www.theanimenetwork.com/Video-On-Demand-Schedule/DirecTV had these eight episodes, which are still missing: 2009-09-17 Cosmo Warrior Zero 11: Great Technologia 2009-09-17 Gun Frontier 11: Secret Weapon Factory in Jamacity 2009-09-17 Kiba 40: Sought After Power 2009-09-17 Maria Watches Over Us (sub) 11: White Petals 2009-09-17 Princess Resurrection (sub) 21: Princess Banishment 2009-09-17 Princess Resurrection (sub) 22: Princess Slaughter 2009-09-24 Aria the TV (season finale) 13: That White Morning 2009-09-24 Cosmo Warrior Zero 12: Endless Battle

Almost 4 am and there is stuff missing. Actually weird thing was what came in did around 12:30 and no update since. :frowning:

Got so far this week:
Leend Of The Dark Kings 13
Dokkoida 01
Ghost Hound 07
Alice Academy 14
Daphne In The Brilliant Blue 19
Diamond Daydreams 11
Aria The Natural 08
He Is My Master 08

Missing:
Orphen 20
Rahxephon 03 and 04