Anime Network VOD Reports/Updates/Questions Thread (2015)

Eastlink TV

Sept 17
Never got and now past natural Expire:
the Familiar of Zero: Rondo of Princesses 8
Hamatora the Animation 02
Hayate the Combat Butler! Cuties 02
Student Council’s Discretion Level 2 ep. 04

Sept 24:
All Updates received

Oct 1:
All updates received
Other issues:
We got doubled episodes (as in they showed as a new second copy) of these:
(Also noticed, these copies have different expiring dates, a week apart)
Elfen Lied 03
Hamatora 03

Oct 8
All Updates received

Oct 15
All updates received
other issues:
This update came in, but not on time at midnight… I’m not sure how long exactly it was, but under 48 hours for sure.

1 Like

CHARTER SVOD, ST. LOUIS, MO. 63136

10/15/2015 UPDATES:
All updates received.

1 Like

DirecTV FL 33563

Finally got the updates this morning. Windy Tales 9 missing. That show must be jinxed.

1 Like

TWC, Round Rock, TX 78681

Received update.

Missing:
Windy Tales, Ep 9

The report for the last week & all follow-ups was compiled and sent to Anime Network today.

1 Like

DirecTV Georgia, 30087

Windy Tales (09) still missing. I agree I think this show is jinxed.

1 Like

TWC, Carson, CA 90745

Windy Tales 9 - “Father’s Motorcycle!” from 10/15 Update missing.

Sorry for the delay, TWC’s updating process is currently very irregular. Updates for VOD (not just TAN) is sometimes on schedule, other times more than 96 hours late. TAN updates have, recently, been dribbling in over a 24-48 hour window starting from 12:01 am Thursday.

Their published VOD schedule is usually not updated until after the programs are uploaded, so they can argue that since their website doesn’t show the program should be there and available for viewing, it’s not missing. This is true for Windy Tales 9.

1 Like

Cablevision in Wall Township, New Jersey 07719.

Gotten from 10/22/15 update:
Fate / Stay Night (TV) 3
Hamatora the Animation 6
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? 4
Saiyuki 12
Triage X 3
Elfen Lied 6
Familiar of Zero: Rondo of Princesses 13
Windy Tales 10
Atelier Escha & Logy: ~Alchemists of the Dusk Sky~ 12
Food Wars! 2
Guardian Ninja Mamoru 11
Hayate the Combat Butler! Cuties (Season 4) 11 and 12
My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU TOO! 1
Space Brothers 36 and 37
Student Council’s Discretion Level Two 9

Missing from 10/22/15 update:
Persona Four 1

1 Like

TWC 2015/10/22

Windy Tales 9 still mssing

13 new episodes present

looks like Hayate Cuties 12 is missing, unless it changed the final 2 to one per week or only has 11 episodes.

I’m also missing that one - it should have come today.

TWC Round Rock, TX 78681

Schedule for October 22, 2015:

Atelier Escha & Logy: ~Alchemists of the Dusk Sky~ 12 - “It’s Our Promise!” (FINAL EPISODE)
Brynhildr in the Darkness 3 - "Death Suppressants!"
Brynhildr in the Darkness 4 - "Lost Memories!"
Chaika the Coffin Princess 5 - "The Pursuer and the Pursued!"
Chaika the Coffin Princess 6 - "Red and White!"
Fate/Stay Night TV 3 - "Raising the Curtain!"
Hayate the Combat Butler! Cuties 11 - "Who’s Knocking on the Door?"
Hozuki’s Coolheadedness 1 - “Making or Breaking Hell/The Discovery of Hell’s Mysteries!” (FIRST EPISODE)
No Game, No Life 7 - "Sacrifice!"
No Game, No Life 8 - "Fake End!"
Persona 4 1 - “You’re Myself, I’m Yourself!” (FIRST EPISODE)
Student Council’s Discretion Level 2 9 - "The Student Council Chases!"
Windy Tales 10 - “The Earth’s Last Day!”
(all received)

MIssing 10/22:
Hayate the Combat Butler! Cuties 12 - “I Will Love and Be Loved in My Life!” (FINAL EPISODE)

Still missing from October 15:
Windy Tales, Ep 9

Updates Received/Not Received 10/22/15 :: Time Warner Cable :: Albany, NY :: Zip Code 12203

The short version :

As per Slowhand.

Received:

Everything scheduled except Hayate! Cuties #12

Missing in Action:

Hayate Cuties 12

Windy Tales 9

Anomalous Arrivals

None

Notes:

(0) In re Hayate: Why is it always (well, often) the very last episode of the series that goes AWOL?

Thanks!

1 Like

DirecTV Georgia, 30087

Other than Fate/Stay Night (03), the rest of the 10/22 update wasn’t uploaded. And still no sign of Windy Tales (09).

1 Like

MMMS Syndrone as some of us call it. thats “Modern Magic MAde Simple” Syndrome. Someone forgot to count how many episodes a show has when the schedule it or jsut fail to make sure to send it out. It took 8 months for the final episode, a 2-part finale; to be sent to anyone and after it was promise not once, but twice to be rectified, then everyone gave up and out of nowhere when everyone had almost forgotten a new admin (Moisme I think) showed up and said it was scheduled for date X, and it arrived, but 8 months late and nobody remembered the first half of the which was episode 12.

Either that of they took my idea and TAN is jsut a ploy for a revenue stream. You get all but the last episode free (or paid for SVOD), then you have to either buy the home video or subscribe to ANO player in order to be able to complete the series.

Also note, it is October, and this is the begining of holiday season and TAN is notorious for going FUBAR until about March, and then until summer everything works for the most part with few to no missing episodes for most people, then a few weeks in the summer half the shows are missing for most people, then back to working until October again when half the shows go missing or something until March rolls around again. This has been the track record for about…7 years now?

If you check the old VOD reports threads you will find that pattern for yourself, IF you can find them if they were kept, that is.

Also something funny I noticed earlier when double checking, “Hayater! Cuties 09” I had thought it went missing early this week after my last report, and had been saving it to marathon and had not noticed it had a title typo and then figured out why it appeared out of order.

Jab, you are also in one of thwe TWC test areas that have massive outages for evrything TWC. In the event TAN does actually send that episode you wil probably never see it because many techs and management in those 2009 test cities for “metered-billing” (Texas, NY, North Carolina, and California) just don’t care if they are doing anything right. So even when Slowhand reports 30 times and someone tries to get it fixed after it is repitched…expect you may never see the show and have to watch it on ANO player. Welcome o being a TWC customer. At least they didn’t get bought by Crumbcast, and hopefully they won’t get bought by Slaughter either. Its time the monopolies were taken down again like Standard Oil was.

At least we got new stuff coming down the pipe more often now and it isn’t 18 months of Special A again. :wink: (Was Fate/Stay Night even shown dubbed to FVOD before this run?)

2 Likes

Verizon FIOS - 13027

10/15 update not received.
Triage X 2

10/22 update not received.
Familiar of Zero: Rondo of Princesses, The 13

10/22 updates received.
Atelier Escha & Logy: ~Alchemists of the Dusk Sky~ 12
Elfen Lied (English) 6
Fate / Stay Night (TV) 3
Food Wars! 2
Guardian Ninja Mamoru 11
Hamatora the Animation 6
Hayate the Combat Butler! Cuties (Season 4) 11 & 12
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? 4
My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU TOO! 1
Persona 4 1
Saiyuki 12
Space Brothers 36 & 37
Student Council’s Discretion Level 2 - 9
Triage X 3
Windy Tales 10

1 Like

DirecTV zip 55433 Minneapolis MN

Well what can I say. It’s gone from bad to worse.Now The Anime Channel (VOD channel 1889) no longer exists. And all the shows that are on VOD can only be found on channel 1000 with a search. Sigh!

2 Likes

DirecTV Georgia, 30087

It seems I am not the only one. Yeah, the Anime Network VOD channel has suddenly disappeared. What’s going on? Is Anime Network still a part of the DirecTV? Or is this so kind of a bad glitch?

2 Likes

We have contacted DTV and will let you know as soon as we hear back with an update.

Thank you,
-Mo-

2 Likes

Cogent as ever, shadzar.

Actually, I’d still be waiting for the Glass Maiden finale…if it weren’t finally free online and I hadn’t given up on watching it in comfort on the big screen…

1 Like

Heheh I like being a squeaky wheel so I contacted DirecTV and registered a complaint about The Anime Channel issue. I also made sure they knew this channel was one of the reasons I was still a DirecTV customer. :smile:

2 Likes