Anime Network VOD Reports/Updates/Questions Thread (2015)

Directv 16314 Cochranton PA

I’m glad to hear that it’s not just me. I hate being treated like a moron when calling Directv (when the rep asks you to unplug everything possible and reset and all that baloney). I will also be sure to file my complaint…it’s the only on demand channel I use!!!

1 Like

Cablevision in Wall Township, New Jersey 07719.

No Longer Missing from 10/22/15 update:
Persona Four 1. Why is this in super happy funtime? UGH

1 Like

DirecTV 85015 Phoenix, AZ

I’m also glad to hear that the absence of the Anime Network is not just me.

FWIW, I’ve never found complaining to DTV reps to be useful. When TAN vanished, I called DTV tech support about it. I was connected to a very pleasant woman who didn’t know that DTV broadcast anime.

These might be better places to complain

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/global/contentPageIFnorail.jsp?assetId=P4960016#h:524.957

or, now that AT&T owns DTV,
Randall Stephenson, AT&T CEO
rs2982@att.com (direct)
randall.stephenson@att.com
phone: 210-351-5401 (direct to his secretary)
fax 210-351-3553
alternate phone: 210-821-4105 (headquarters, press 3, ask for Mr. Stephenson’s office)
175 E. Houston
San Antonio, TX 78205

Complaining works best of you remain polite.

++PLS
2 Likes

DirecTV 25570 (Wayne, WV)
Seems Anime Network On Demand has been dropped no where on programming guide (which is sad this is how I’ve been getting my anime fix.) On the plus side brought me back to the forums and finally convinced me to sign up for the online service lol.

When I drop my friend off at work I’ll have him investigate this for me and see what he can find out he’s a CSR for DTV in the New Customer department. He doesn’t watch anime but he knows what TAN is because I try to get him hooked lol. He told me before the VOD only channels not many know of them or that they exist because there isn’t a lot of info made available about them. I’ll post later what he can find out for me if there is any info available.

3 Likes

DirecTV Georgia, 30087

We’re on Day 2 without the Anime Network VOD Channel. I am also glad to see that I am not the only one experiencing this problem. Yes, I filed a complaint. However, I don’t think no one at DirecTV even know about this channel. Seriously, you would think people that work there would know what they have. -sigh-

I hope this doesn’t mean that DirecTV has dropped TAN. I mean, this is the only reason why I got DirecTV.

2 Likes

Seeing everyone complain about ANVOD missing from DTV made me wonder if UVerse still had it. It does. If the AT&T buying DTV had something to do with this, they might be switching from FVOD to SVOD, so you guys might need to start paying for ANVOD, but at least you’ll get more shows if that’s what’s happening.

1 Like

Updates Received/Not Received 10/22/15 :: Time Warner Cable :: Albany, NY :: Zip Code 12203

Looks like we got Hayate! Cuties #12 and Windy Tales #9–not that I can watch them, since my cable system just went down. (Did you have to be so damned prophetic, shadzar?)

{sigh}

Thanks!

1 Like

Jab what you need is a bookmark to this site https://downdetector.com/status/time-warner-cable/map/

Nothing prophetic about it, just par for the course and the true meaning of SNAFU applies to TWC.

Windy Tales 9 and Hayate Cuties 12 seems to be there for me also.

2 Likes

Ditto.

DirecTV Georgia, 30087

Day 3 without TAN VOD Channel. Has anyone heard anything about this? I mean, is TAN dropped or not? Seriously, it has been three days since this has happened, and no one has nothing. It really does show how DirecTV cares about their customers. Heck, even their tech people don’t know their VOD lineup.

As for theory about the TAN becoming SVOD becuase of their merger with AT&T, I hope that it’s nothing more than that.

If this keeps up, then it looks like I am going to need to get my anime fix elsewhere.

2 Likes

On Friday, TAN Administration got in touch with DirecTV (see here)

However, since it’s a weekend, there is no one in the office until Monday morning.

They didn’t hear anything back as of when they left the office, but I’ll be sure to ask them first thing in the morning.

Another DirecTV user stated that, although they didn’t have the channel, he was able to find the shows using the search. Is this still correct info?

DirecTV Georgia, 30087

Yes, it’s still correct. I mean, this is still the only reason I believe that TAN hasn’t been dropped (yet). If the channel was, then I think the episodes would’ve been gone too.

2 Likes

Thanks for that link!

I wrote a nice stern, yet polite note to Mr. Ed Balcerzak explaining the situation, and the canned response was “They’ll contact me within 24 hours”…

1 Like

Verizon FIOS - 13027 (update)

10/15 update not received

• Triage X 2

All 10/22 updates were received.

1 Like

Eastlink TV

Oct 1:
All updates received

Oct 8
All Updates received

Oct 15
All updates received

Oct 22
Missing:
Elfen Lied 06
Persona 4 01

1 Like

CHARTER SVOD, ST. LOUIS, MO. 63136

10/22/2015 UPDATES:
All updates received.

1 Like

DirecTV FL. 33563

Channel is gone for me too. I’m pretty sure this has happened before though…where one show got updated, then the whole thing disappeared except from the search function. I’m 99% sure DirectTV has done this before during updates.

2 Likes

Administration continues to work with DirecTV.
They are working out the issues and the channel will be back up - unsure of the time frame.

1 Like

The report for the last week & all follow-ups was compiled and sent to Anime Network today.

1 Like

DirecTV users FYI when you do a search from channel 1000 the shows that would be an The Anime Network show up with an un assigned or unknown tag for the channel. Also I could only find Fate/Stay Night 3 out of the most recent schedule as being available. Funny thing, if I use the Android app for DTV the Anime Network shows up with the Audience Network logo and the Anime Network as the name.The list of shows is accurate too.

1 Like