Anime Network VOD Reports/Updates/Questions Thread (2016)

Directv 16314 Cochranton PA

No 11/3 or 11/10 episodes yet…

1 Like

Verizon Fios - 13027

11/10 updates received.
Another 4
Azumanga Daioh 26
Elfen Lied (English) 6
Flying Witch 6
Hakuoki - Chapter 1: Wild Dance of Kyoto 1
Hayate the Combat Butler! (Season 2) 4
Haven’t You Heard? I’m Sakamoto 11
High School of the Dead 5
Patlabor The Mobile Police (TV) 19
Perfect Insider, The 5
Phantasy Star Online 2: The Animation 9
RIN-NE 2 - 2
Space Brothers 97
Tanaka-kun is Always Listless 2
To loveru 5
Trinity Seven 5
Undefeated Bahamut Chronicle 6
Ushio & Tora 31
When They Cry Kai 1
Young Black Jack 7

11/10 updates not received.
Hatenkou Yugi 5
When Supernatural Battles Became Commonplace 6

1 Like

Eastlink TV

Oct 20
All Received

Oct 27
All Received

Nov 3
All Received

Nov 10
All Received

1 Like

DirecTV Georgia, 30087

Nothing and nothing.

1 Like

Update to Updates Received/Not Received 11/10/16 :: Time Warner Cable :: Albany, NY :: Zip Code 12203

Patlabor #19 has shown up, but Is the Order a Rabbit II #12 and Re:Hamatora #6 have not; ditto for the fourteen other missing episodes.

Other anomalies: Haikyu II #1 still refuses to go away–not that I mind, but there’s a definite if slim chance this has some connection to the missing episodes, so I think it’s worth mentioning. After all, the 10/20 shipment failed at Haikyu II #2, and the 10/27 shipment also failed aound the “H’s”…

On the On Demand side, the portal updated with the same episodes that Cutting Edge got, except for the following two weirdities:

(a) Wake Up Girls #1 is missing–maybe because the On Demand folder still lists the movie as “Season 1, Episode 1”, complete with blurb, so it thinks it already had it?

(b) Haikyu II #6 is listed as episode #7, “Moonrise”, complete with #7’s blurb–but it’s still #6 when you play it. And on the Cutting Edge side, episode #6 also has the blurb for #7. (I’ll play with this a bit more later, just in case, chanting “nobunagapunchlinenobunaganobunaga…”)

Thanks!

1 Like

Looks like DirecTV is aware of the issue but no eta on fixing it

1 Like

The initial report for the latest update was compiled and sent to Anime Network today.

Messages for updates sent to:

@anime2461
@jerryl
@lightsenshi
@shadzar
@xgamer424

1 Like

Frontier FIOs 90505 (CA)

The good news:
“Mardock Scramble: The Third Exhaust” appeared yesterday.

The bad news:
FYI, Frontier removed episodes of every show yesterday morning, almost a day early since the episodes were supposed to be available until 11:59 PM Thursday, November 10.

In addition, the update for this week is missing 2 episodes.

Phantasy Star Online 2 Episode 09
Tanaka-kun is Always Listless Ep 02

Thank you.

1 Like

Update to Update to Updates Received/Not Received 11/10/16 :: Time Warner Cable :: Albany, NY :: Zip Code 12203

Well…I guess ( nobunagapunchlinenobunaganobunaga nobunagapunchlinenobunaganobunaga) the chanting (nobunagapunchlinenobunaganobunaga nobunagapunchlinenobunaganobunaga) was in order (nobunagapunchlinenobunaganobunaga nobunagapunchlinenobunaganobunaga), but for the wrong reason…so far. (Enough. Stop the chant.) Haikyu II #6 seems fine, except for the wrong blurb…but Wake, Up Girls has gone wonky: the movie has been merged with Wake, Up Girls #1 in true Nobunga/Punchline fashion. (nobunagapunchlinenobu…No! I said no chanting!) I.e., on Cutting Edge, the name “Wake Up, Girls!” has disappeared, leaving only “Wake Up, Girls! 01”. When you play it, you get the movie. But you can use the same old kludge(s) I came up with for Nobunga/Punchline to get to Wake, Up Girls #1. To save all of you the trouble of backtracking up the thread, here’s a refresher on what I think the best method was:

1. On Cutting Edge, play “Wake Up, Girls! 01”; this starts what turns out to be Wake, Up Girls the movie;
  2. At any point, stop and choose Exit; this returns you to your In Progress list;
  3. The In Progress list should correctly show “Wake Up, Girls!” (as opposed to “Wake Up, Girls! 01”); highlight it but choose Info instead of Select;
  4. This should give you the Info Screen and a list of options that now includes something like “Other Viewing Options”; choose that, and you get…another list of options;
  5. From this new list of options, choose “Play SD”; this should start Wake Up, Girls! #1;
  6. When you return to the In Progress list, you’ll have both “Wake Up, Girls!” and “Wake Up, Girls! 01” listed; Selecting either of them will play their respective episodes.

One new wrinkle this time around is that once you have gone through these steps and launched Wake Up, Girls! #1, if you use Info instead of Select on either of the two names in your In Progress list, you’ll now get four options, two Resumes and two Restarts, one pair for the movie and one pair for the first episode; the blurb changes to tell you which plays which.

Okay. Now we wait and see if the Haikyu II #6/“Episode 7” mixup on the On Demand portal triggers yet another round of this when the system tries to load the real Haikyu II #7 next week…

Thanks!

1 Like

DirecTV Colorado 80226

GATE - 13 and 14
HSotD - 4 and 5
Norn9 - 8 and 9
Utawarerumono - 4 and 5
Aura

Thank you…

1 Like

DirecTV Georgia, 30087

Nothing and nothing still.

1 Like

Today everything has been received. It took awhile but thank you all.

1 Like

Spectrum/Time Warner - Los Angeles - 91367

11/10 Missing updates:
Is the Order a Rabbit 12
Re:Hamatora 6

Also starting this week, I am unable to rewind or fast forward anything. I don’t mind not being able to fast forward, but not being able to rewind is pretty annoying.

1 Like

@twentyeight

Welcome to you!

Thanks for your report, please keep me updated if you receive any of these episodes.

The fast-forward & rewinding is most likely a Spectrum/TWC issue, so you should get in contact with them about it. You could test another channel and see is you have the same issue.

Slowhand

DirecTV Georgia, 30087

Absolutely nothing and then some.

3 Likes

@BelArmach

Did you receive the rest of the November 3 and November 10 updates? Schedule here

Other DirecTV users haven’t received any of those updates, I need to know if you’re missing everything or only those episodes.

Thank you,
Slowhand

1 Like

@xgamer424

You said you received ‘everything’. Does this include the two episodes that had expired?

• High School of the Dead, Ep 1
  • Mardock Scramble: The First Compression

Trying to get my report updated with complete information.

Thank you,
Slowhand

Well tomorrow will be fun with me going to complain to Suddenlink about the whole ubar-fu of the 10-13-16 updates which never got returned to the list after about 10-22-16 of their removal/return hopscotch and the whole counter employee giving me the following like in the years past and for the past four weeks…

Them- Call this number and inform them of the problem.
Me- It doesn’t work as I always get a busy signal tone
Them- Have you contacted the Service Provider
Me- Yes they say they’re trying to fix the problem with your OPS team since day-X
Them- Well keep contacting them… which was when I paid my bill on 11-1-16

Here the info drop again just in case…

Suddenlink Cable
Parkersburg, WV 26101

Action Zone Block Never Received at All ERR-32 code Problem
High School Of The Dead 01
Parasyte the Maxim 24
PatLabor TV 15
The Perfect Insider 01
Phantasy Star Online2 05
Trinity Seven 01
Undefeated Bahamut Chronicle 02
When They Cry (2006) 23
Young Black Jack 03
Super Happy Funtime Block Never Received at All ERR-32 code Problem
When Supernatural Battles Became Commonplace 02
To Love Ru 01

Never Received beginning 10-20-16
Undefeated Bahamut Chronicle 03 10-20-16 Update and is still missing/skipped
Ushio&Tora 29 10-27-16 Update and is still missing/skipped

1 Like

Verizon Fios - 13027 (update)

When Supernatural Battles Became Commonplace 6 has been received.

11/10 update not received.
Hatenkou Yugi 5

1 Like

TWC/Spectrum Carson, CA 90745

The names have been changed, but they’re as bad as ever!

Missing from 11/10 update:

Is the Order a Rabbit?? Season 2 Episode 12 - 12th Bunny: The Treasure is Your Decisive Moment
Re: Hamatora Episode 6 - Advent

When I tried reporting these missing episodes to TWC/Spectrum, they refused to acknowledge that the episodes were, in fact missing, since the episodes in question were not listed on their website as being available!!

The missing episodes from 10/20 update:

High School of the Dead Episode 2 - Escape From the DEAD

became available late Friday (11/11). When I tried following up with TWC/Spectrum about the other missing episodes, they reported that their Bridge team had reported the problem as resolved, and insisted that the problem is at my end (service tech due 11/14 am). Received a call 11/13 evening from TWC/Spectrum Advanced Bridge/Tech Support team asking if problem had been resolved (it had not), and when informed, person said that the tech coming 11/14 should be resolving issue with box?!

Remaining 10/20 update still MIA:

Haikyu!! 2 Episode 3 - Townsperson B
La Corda d’Oro ~ Blue Sky Episode 10
MONSTER MUSUME Everyday Life with Monster Girls Episode 12 - Species 12: Everyday Life with Monster Girls
RIN-NE Episode 15 - Just a Thank You
Utawarerumono The False Faces Episode 2 - A Chivalrous Man
Yamishibai: Japanese Ghost Stories
Episodes:
5 -The Next Floor
6 - The Overhead Rack
7 - Contradiction
8 - The Umbrella Goddess
9 - Cursed
10 - The Moon
11 – Video

I guess that the episodes missing from 10/13 can be written off since they would no longer be available anyway!

1 Like