Anime Network VOD Reports/Updates/Questions Thread (2016)

9-8-16
Fixed
Thanks
9-1-16 recieved
sorry for not getting back right away.yes I contacted them,they said they had not recieved the episodes and word sending farther down the chain.the person I talked to this time listened instead of saying its a network problem.

It was better this week The updated some not recieved
Cablevision/optimum
NJ Keansburg 07734
Also 9-8-16
Is missing
Aoharu x 8

1 Like

Frontier FIOs 90505 (CA)

Well, I’m not sure what is happening but another episode of a show that should have been available until next Thursday has suddenly vanished from the menu (it was available when I posted my other message yesterday).

Girls Beyond the Wasteland Ep 01 (menu lists eps 02-03 only)

This now means there are only 9 shows with episodes indicating they are available until 8/26/2016.

Any idea what is happening here?

1 Like

@anime2461

No, I don’t, but I know that Administration was on the phone with Frontier last Wednesday when you made that large report.

I emailed them immediately, so they could take up your latest issue with them. The last I heard, they were waiting for a call-back.

I’ll try to get an update first thing on Monday.

Oprimum/Cablevision in Wall Township, New Jersey 07719.

No Long Missing from 8/18/16 update:
Aoharu X Machinegun 5
Chivalry of a Failed Knight 7
Gate 18
GUNBUSTER The Movie
Norn9 12
Parasyte -the maxim- 16
Patlabor The Mobile Police (TV) 7
Re: Hamatora 10
Utawarerumono The False Faces 25
When They Cry 15
Angelic Layer 19
Azumanga Daioh 14
Girls Beyond the Wasteland 3
Haikyu!! Two 23
Hayate the Combat Butler! (Season 1) 44
School-Live! 5
Space Brothers 85
Special A 19
Strawberry Marshmallow 8
Tsuritama 6
Waiting in the Summer 5
Wake Up, Girls! 5

1 Like

Cogeco
St. Hyacinthe, QC J2R 2J4

Full update received

I have a question for Locodol. There is no ep. 13 on the schedule but ep. 12 ends with the usual “next episode” preview. Is the show going on hiatus like Gate or Ushio & Tora and will resume later on ?

1 Like

There are 3 OVA episodes, but as far as I know, Sentai hasn’t licensed those yet. As of right now, only the 12-episode TV series is all there is.

If that changes, there will be a notice in the Locodol thread or in the Press Release thread.

TL;dr - it will be awhile before any more episodes are shown.

2 Likes

CHARTER SVOD, ST. LOUIS, MO. 63136

8/18/2016 UPDATES:
All updates received.

8/4/2016 UPDATES MISSING:
Hayate 42
School-Live 03

1 Like

The report for the last week & all follow-ups was compiled and sent to Anime Network today.

Users with missing episodes that have not reported back:

@AnimeSniper

2 Likes

Frontier FIOs 90505 (CA)

Do you have any update from Administration?

I spoke to Frontier Technical Support again this afternoon. They are unable to assist me since they are involved with equipment and physical connection issues only, not programming. Since the tech did not know how this type of programming issue is resolved between Frontier and the Anime Network, he opened a trouble ticket. I can provide that information to you if you need it.

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

I sent in the updated report with all your issues today. I’m waiting to hear back from Administration.

They had several Providers to get in touch with, and I know that they spend a lot of time waiting on the phone/waiting for callbacks.

I’ll ask her again tomorrow to see what she says.

UPDATE: Admin is still waiting on a callback from Frontier.

@Lord_Shameless
Charter Users: They said last week that they were resending those missing episodes through their system. Will call them again.

@AnimeSniper
Suddenlink: Your missing episode was re-pitched last week. Did you receive it?

@gymanime
Cox Cable: Waiting on callback.

@anime2461
Frontier: Waiting on callback.

1 Like

I appreciate the update. Note: I received a call back today from Frontier Tech Support regarding the open trouble ticket. As with previous reports I’ve made with Frontier, they referred me back to Anime Network for assistance since it is viewed as a content issue. I realize Frontier Tech Support is unable to resolve this type of issue since they are only involved with the physical equipment and connections provided by them.

I told the tech if this were strictly a content issue, Anime Network should be able to add the missing episodes and they would appear on the menu. I said it could not be this simple since I’m working with the Anime Network support team (such as yourself) and was informed they are waiting to hear back from Frontier. Based on this, he agreed to leave the ticket open should any new information come out.

The missing episodes have not appeared yet. At this point, if they are added using the standard schedule, they will only be available for a day or two.

My new concern is if the cause of this early deletion of episodes is not identified, then the episodes that are scheduled to remain available until 8/26 will also be removed early (this week) when the new episodes of these shows are added starting late Thursday.

Please keep me informed about this situation. Thank you.

1 Like

Cox Communications, San Diego, CA

As of Aug. 29, still missing,

Norn9 #11
Utawarerumono #24,
Strawberry Marshmallow #8.

1 Like

Eastlink TV (ya I’m late…again)

July 28
All Received

Aug 04
All Received

Aug 11
All Received

Aug 18
All Received

1 Like

@gymanime

“Waiting on callback” - means that Anime Network rep has called your provider about the issue, but they haven’t called back with an update yet.

Also, please don’t post several replies in a row, use the edit post (pencil icon at the bottom of the post in the “,”).

Azumanga Daioh #12 was added last Monday/Tuesday if I remember correctly and as stated prior most of the other missing or skipped over titles were added within 24 to 72 hours of my notifying you via forum.

Again thank you for you responses and prompt fixes to the missing titles

1 Like

Updates Received/Not Received 8/25/16 :: Time Warner Cable :: Albany, NY :: Zip Code 12203

The short version:

“All scheduled episodes received, including the first episode of Is the Hors d’Oeuvre a Rabbi?, the spinoff from Food Wars where Soma and his fellow Toutsuki Culinary Academy students join forces with a band of Hasidic Kabbalists and their mecha-golems to battle an invasion of cannibal demons from the Tokyo Subway system and–what was that? Oh. Yes, I see.”

“Sorry, it seems that’s a different show. This one is a heartwarming show about a coffee shop. A coffee shop run by cute cannibalistic middle school girls who warm the hearts in an oven set to 350 degrees and–ow! What was that for? You didn’t have to hit me!”

Yes, I did.
My apologies, guys. Never mind…

The long version:

Received:

Beautiful Bones 6

DRAMAtical Murder 11

Food Wars! 17

Gatchaman Crowds Insight 9

HaNaYaMaTa 3

Hayate I 45

Is the Order a Rabbit II 1

La Corda–Blue Sky 2

Monster Musume 4

Patlabor 8

Rin-ne 6

To Loveru Darkness II 7

Tsuritama 7

Waiting in the Summer 6

World Still Beautiful 5

Missing in Action:

None

Appearing Incongruously:

None

Notes:

1. I found an anomaly in TWC’s program listings for Gatchaman Crowds: while everything on Ye Olde Cutting Edge seems to be fine, on the fancy new On Demand Portal and Search function, everything after episode 5 is listed under Gatchaman Crowds Season One–there’s even separate entries for Gatchaman Crowds and Gatchaman Crowds Insight that come back if you search for the show. So episodes 6, 7 and 8 are listed under Season One, complete with the titles and blurbs from the corresponding first-season episodes 6, 7 and 8. Episode 9, which showed up just fine on Cutting Edge, has not shown up yet on the new portal listings, though everything else from the 8/25 ship has. Even from this far outside the loop, I’m pretty darn sure that the system pulls the program title and blurb from the bundled episodes. If so, that points to problems on AN’s side. Since this kind of Old School/New School mismatch also showed up in–and may have been the cause of–the “Nobunaga”/Nobunaga/“Punchline”/Punchline debacle, I think it’s worth looking into…

Thanks!

1 Like

I’m afraid that the window has closed on this episode. It expired on August 18 and cannot be re-pitched.

Reporting these missing episodes as soon as they occur will help us get them to you in a timely manner.

You should have received RIN-NE, Ep 7 & To LoveRu Darkness 2, Ep 8, this week.

I’ll pass that other info on to Administration. Thanks!

TWC Round Rock, TX 78681

Schedule for August 25, 2016:

Beautiful Bones -Sakurako’s Investigation- 6 - "Bone 6: Asahi Bridge Irregulars!"
DRAMAtical Murder 11 - "Data_11_Fixer"
Food Wars! 17 - "Sensual Fried Chicken!"
Gatchaman Crowds Insight 9 - "opt-out"
HaNaYaMaTa 3 - "Girls’ Style!"
Hayate the Combat Butler! (Season 1) 45 - "It Is Maria Appreciation Day! In February!"
Is the Order a Rabbit?? Season 2 1 - “1st Bunny: This Is My Self-Proclaimed Big Sister Whose Smiles and Flashes are Boisterous!” (FIRST EPISODE)
La Corda d’Oro ~ Blue Sky 2 - "Episode 2"
MONSTER MUSUME: Everyday Life with Monster Girls 4 - "Species 4: Everyday Life with a Slime!"
Patlabor The Mobile Police 8 - "Elusive Green!"
RIN-NE 7 - "Curse of the Rabbit Hutch!"
To LoveRu Darkness 2 8- "Danger!"
tsuritama 7 - "Painful Countdown!"
Waiting in the Summer 6 - "Senpai Has a Rival!"
The World Is Still Beautiful 5 - “Ring of Tales ~Part 2!”
(all received)

1 Like