Anime Network VOD Reports/Updates/Questions Thread (2016)

The report for the last week & all follow-ups was compiled and sent to Anime Network today.

Users with missing episodes that have not reported back since the last report:

@shadzar
@goatboy

2 Likes

Time Warner, Conklin New York 13748

Nothing updated this time around. If this can be fixed by tomorrow, I’d really appreciate it!

1 Like

Also about to have everything on the channel expire due to no updates for over three weeks. DirecTV, ZIP code 89423.

1 Like

Frontier FIOs 90505 (CA)

I received a response from my contact at Frontier regarding the 2 missing episodes - the latest info from the Frontier video network operations group regarding the 2 episodes is as follows.

Phantasy Star Online 2 Episode 09 - sent back to provider to have them load the asset.
Tanaka-kun is Always Listless Ep 02 - sent back to provider to have them load the asset.
ETR unknown but hopefully within a day or two from now tops.

Update: Tanaka-kun Ep 02 was added to the Frontier menu today. Phantasy Star Ep 09 is still missing and Frontier said they are awaiting a response from the Anime Network about loading the asset. Any help you can provide here would be appreciated.

1 Like

DirecTV Georgia, 30087

Honestly, I would expect this kind of thing on Thanksgiving, since it seems we experience “Anime Blackout” on this holiday and other major holidays, but it’s not even Thanksgiving and we don’t have no anime. It looks like we’re going into Week 3 without anime.

Can someone tell us what’s going on with the updates? I think I read that DirecTV knows about the problem and there’s no ETA when the problem is going to be resolved. Any new update on this?

1 Like

DirecTV FL, 33563

Let the count down for 3 weeks without an update commence!

2 Likes

Admin has been in contact with both DirecTV & TWC/Spectrum and has been working with both of them since this all began.

We’re still waiting on callbacks/updates from them.

I know that Admin has been in contact with them as recently as Monday, so hopefully we can get some answers soon.

Thank you all for your patience.

1 Like

Well on 11-14-16 I went in an paid a little extra for the upcoming bill and calmly informed them of the problem yet again and the phone issues… apparently the Tech Guy who normally handles such problems travels frequently and they don’t know his schedule or when he may be back in town. Then I get the whole spiel of how they have no control over the lineup and to contact the service provider i.e. Anime Network and I told them I had since 10-20-16, received notice of you working with their OP’s team on 10-25-16 and I get a blank look so I just left.

Now I am pricing sites for a few titles that caught my eye in the past and barring unforeseen expenditures may but them next month.

Also still missing the following
Suddenlink Cable
Parkersburg, WV 26101

Never Received beginning 10-20-16
Undefeated Bahamut Chronicle 03 10-20-16 Update and is still missing/skipped
Ushio&Tora 29 10-27-16 Update and is still missing/skipped

1 Like

Frontier Vantage TV (formally AT&T U-Verse), Trumbull, CT 06611

Verified as of 11/16/2016 at 08:00PM (EST) all episodes for 11/10 updates have been received.

1 Like

Frontier Vantage TV (formally AT&T U-Verse), Trumbull, CT 06611

Another, Ep 03 on my system played normally without errors. I did watch is though 2 weeks ago. I can verify, re-watch, if needed.

1 Like

Verizon Fios - 13027

The last missing 11/10 update was received.
Another 3 is still broken.

Thanks

1 Like

Time Warner, Conklin NY, 13748

Nothing updated this time around either. If this week’s and last week’s shows can be added soon, I’d really appreciate it!

1 Like

Updates Received/Not Received 11/17/16 :: Time Warner Cable :: Albany, NY :: Zip Code 12203

The short version:

This week’s scheduled episodes have all arrived; none of the previous weeks’ no-shows have shown up.

The long version:

Received:

Bodacious Space Pirates: Abyss

Gate 15

Haikyu!! II 7

Hayate II 5

High School of the Dead 6

Locodol 4

Norn9 10

Patlabor 20

Re:Hamatora 7

Rin-ne 19

Strawberry Marshmallow 3

Utawarerumo II 6

Wake Up, Girls! 2

Still Missing in Action:

High School of the Dead 2

La Corda d’Oro Blue Skies 10 & 11

Haikyu II 3

Is the Order a Rabbit II 10 & 12

Locodol 1

Mardock Scramble 3

Norn9 7

Patlabor 17

Re:Hamatora 4 & 6

Rinne 16

Utawarerumo II 3

Missing and Presumed Dead:

High School of the Dead 1

Mardock Scramble 1

Appearing Incongruously:

None

Notes:

1. This week’s name changes: the show formerly known as “High School of The”, “High School Dead” and “HS Of The Dead” is now “HOTD”; the show formerly known as “Utawarerumo the F” and “Utawarerumo” is now “UtawarerumoFF”; Strawberry Marshmallow #3 changes from “Strby Mallow” back to “Strawberry Marsh” (only with no zero in the number–i.e., “3” instead of “03”); Patlabor continues to bounce from “Patlabor” (for episode 16) and “Patlabor Police” (for episodes 18 and 19) back to “Patlabor” (for episode 20). (As for the missing 17…who knows?)

2. The On Demand Portal hasn’t updated yet (it usually doesn’t until a day or two after Cutting Edge does); when it does, I expect Haikyu #6 & #7 to be folded together, but we’ll see…

3. Back from its vacation in Super Happy Funtime, Rinne #20 has returned to the grim realities of the Action Zone;

4. OK, as promised (or was that threatened?) a post script to the Jack Webb quiz: he also made records. Apparently, as a passionate and extremely knowledgeable jazz fan, he used his TV fame to popularize jazz and had a jazz group. I discovered this recently when I heard a jazz program play one of his cuts on the radio. He sang–or, more accurately, spoke–a love song from Rodgers & Hammerstein’s “Cinderella”, in exactly the same deadpan monotone Joe Friday used when questioning a suspect or describing the weather in LA. It sounded–to my admittedly ignorant ears–hilarious. Comparable to William Shatner’s rendition of “Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds”, or Leonard Nimoy–who otherwise had a pleasant if unremarkable singing voice–inexplicably going “Big wheel keep on toinin’/Proud Mary keep on boinin’” in the chorus of “Proud Mary”…but what do I know? Perhaps all three are better than they sound (to me).

I’d give you links to where you could hear these for yourselves, but after the To Loveru Darkness manga fiasco I lack confidence in my ability to discern legal from illegal sites.

But enough about unintentionally funny records, on to intentionally funny ones, and the last stop on this [unintentionally unfunny] journey, courtesy of thboyd29: Stan Freberg. [Next week…]

Thanks!

1 Like

DirecTV Georgia, 30087

Some episodes from the 11/3 update is available.

Available are: Haikyu!! 2 (05), Hayate The Combat Bulter! S2 (03), High School of the Dead (04), Is the Order a Rabbit?? S2 (11), Locodol (02), Norn9 (08), Patlabor (18), Re: Hamatora (05), RIN-NE (17), Strawberry Marshmallow (01) and Utawarerumono The False Faces (04)

Missing are: Gate (13), La Corda D’Oro ~ Blue Sky (12) and Wake Up, Girls!

There are still no sign of the 11/10 and 11/17 update.

1 Like

Spectrum/TWC Round Rock, TX 78681

Schedule for November 17, 2016:

Bodacious Space Pirates: Abyss of Hyperspace
Gate 15 - "Tuka Luna Marceau!"
Haikyu!! 2 7 - "Moonrise!"
Hayate the Combat Butler! (Season 2) 5 - "Heart to Heart!"
High School of the Dead 6 - "In the DEAD of the Night!"
Locodol 4 - "We Tried Adding a Manager and Stuff!"
Norn9 10 - "Aion!"
Patlabor The Mobile Police 20 - "Movement in the Dark!"
Re: Hamatora 7 - "Emergency Room 24 Hours!"
RIN-NE 19 - "In the Box!"
Strawberry Marshmallow 3 - "House Call!"
Utawarerumono The False Faces 6 - "Rou-Kaku’s Owner!"
Wake Up, Girls! 2 - “Girls Standing Onstage!”
(All Received)

Name changes as above in Jababbi’s post.

STILL MISSING from November 10
Gate 14 - "The Great Quake at the Imperial Capital!**
Is the Order a Rabbit?? Season 2 12 - “12th Bunny: The Treasure Is Your Decisive Moment!” (FINAL EPISODE)
Patlabor The Mobile Police 19 - "Shadow in Geo-Front!"
Re: Hamatora 6 - "Advent!"
Wake Up, Girls! 1 - “A Quiet Beginning!” (FIRST EPISODE)

STILL MISSING from October 27
Is the Order a Rabbit?? Season 2 10 - "10th Bunny: Everyday Life Searching for E!"
La Corda d’Oro ~ Blue Sky 11 - "Episode 11"
Locodol 1 - “We Tried Starting It!” (FIRST EPISODE)
Mardock Scramble: The Third Exhaust
Norn9 7 - "A Dream of Reality!"
Patlabor The Mobile Police 17 - "Target, Chief Goto!"
Re: Hamatora 4 - "For Whom Talent!"
RIN-NE 16 - "Memories of the Haunted Cedar!"
Utawarerumono The False Faces 3 - “The Path to the Imperial Capital!”

NEVER RECEIVED from October 20
Haikyu!! 2 3 - "Townsperson B!"
High School of the Dead 2 - "Escape From the DEAD!"
La Corda d’Oro ~ Blue Sky 10 - “Episode 10”

1 Like

DirecTV FL, 33563

I got the same deal as Kusanagi.

1 Like

Oprimum/Cablevision in Wall Township, New Jersey 07719.

Missing from 11/17/16 update:
Another 5
When They Cry Kai 2
Elfen Lied 7
Hakuoki - Chapter 2: Warrior Spirit of the Blue Sky
High School of the Dead 6
Patlabor The Mobile Police (TV) 20
Perfect Insider 6
Phantasy Star Online 2: The Animation 10
RIN-NE Two 3
Trinity Seven 6
Undefeated Bahamut Chronicle 7
Ushio & Tora 32
Young Black Jack 8
Flying Witch 7
Hatenkou Yugi 6
Nurse Witch KOMUGI R 1
Hayate the Combat Butler! (Season 2) 5
Haven’t You Heard? I’m Sakamoto 12
Space Brothers 98
When Supernatural Battles Became Commonplace 7
Tanaka-kun is Always Listless 3
To loveru 6

1 Like

Update to Updates Received/Not Received 11/17/16 :: Time Warner Cable :: Albany, NY :: Zip Code 12203

Well, the On Demand Portal updated, but not in the way I expected. Instead of the episodes appearing in their respective folders with the same On Demand format, the episodes appeared outside the folders as “loose” episodes, identical to the way they appear on Cutting Edge. I’m guessing they ran the wrong batch job–but that is one way to keep Haikyu!! 2 #6 and #7 separate…

Thanks!

1 Like

DirecTV Georgia, 30087

UPDATE! Only four episodes from the 11/17 update is now available and those four episodes are Gate (15), High School of the Dead (06), Norn9 (10) and Strawberry Marshmallow (03).

Missing the rest of this update. The 11/10 update is still completely missing. And the remaining three episodes from the 11/3 update are also missing.

UPDATE #2! Gate (13) from the 11/3 update is now available. Gate (15) from the 11/17 update is also available.

2 Likes

DirecTV Colorado, 80226

I have the November 3 updates now, but I’m still missing the November 10 updates.

Thanks.

1 Like