Anime Network VOD Reports/Updates/Questions Thread (2017)

Sorry! I should have typed “7”–I have both episodes. And a lot more, now, so

Update to Updates Received/Not Received 2/9/17 :: Time Warner Cable :: Albany, NY
:: Zip Code 12203

1. All 2/9/17 missing episodes have now been received except BTOOOM! #6, which continues to be a dud;

2. The On Demand Portal has not been updated–the seven episodes that were missing last night are still missing;

Now for some trivial stuff:

1. Patlabor #32 had its name changed, to “PatlaborTV 32”–i.e., they lower-cased the “L” and dropped all the internal spaces;

2. The On Demand Portal thinks Girls und Panzer #6 is the recap episode 5.5, and has that episode’s title and blurb;

3. The Strawberry Marshmallow Girls continue to learn about plant biology in Strawberry OVA #2 (actually, in that case it would be “Strawberry OVULE” not “OVA”, but please cut me some slack here). But that episode has the blurb that should be attached to Strawberry OVA #1 on Cutting Edge; Strawberry OVA #1 seems to have the wrong blurb on both Cutting Edge and On Demand.

Thanks!

1 Like

Nope it was suppose to expire this week

1 Like

I understand everything except this one…

OVA #2 - has the blurb for #1

OVA #1 - has the wrong blurb? Do you know which episode the blurb if from?

[quote]Missing from February 9 update
BTOOOM! 6 - "Night of Sacrifice!"
Haikyu!! 2 19 - "The Iron Wall Can Be Constructed Any Number of Times!"
Hayate the Combat Butler! (Season 2) 17 - "Under the Cherry Blossom Tree!"
La Storia della Arcana Famiglia! 2 - "Il Comandante della Squadra Protezinite Animali!"
Patlabor the Mobile Police (TV) 32 - "Reunrion!"
Strawberry Marshmallow OVA 2 - "Always!"
Towanoquon 1 - “The Ephemeral Petal!” (FIRST EPISODE)[/quote]

Received all but BTOOOM! - rec’d this on 2/10

Looking at Wikipedia…

OK, since the blurbs attached to Strawberry OVA #1 talk about “Holiday fun”, and according to Wikipedia there’s only three episodes in the OVA, and only their description of Episode 3, “Everyday”, mentions anything about “holiday” ( “The crew goes on holiday. They visit the public bath, tell ghost stories go out for a late night walk.”)… maybe it’s #3? (I trust you saw my blather about plant biology was just my usual, uh, blather.)

The rest of the pages that came up on the Google search’s first page were singularly unhelpful, so I’m afraid that’s the best I can do right now…

Sorry!

1 Like

You mean I might have to ACTUALLY WATCH IT???

Ok, then, I’ll have to give it a go.

1 Like

Well, from what I saw from the first few minutes of the #1 and #2, they match the first two episodes and blurbs as given on Wikipedia–#1 definitely seems to have the college girl looking for work, and #2 does seem to start with hide-and-seek. I don’t have #3 on my system yet…but maybe it’s your turn to be living in the future?

1 Like

Yeah, I meant when they all show up - need to use my words better.

1 Like

Nah…just me being Mr. Literal as usual. (When I’m not Mr.Typo.) If you do watch it, be prepared for a Seinfeldian nothing-much-happens slice-of-life comedy. I watch the first episode of just about all these anime because, well, you never can tell. Or at least I can’t–sometimes one of them I’m pretty sure I’ll skip winds up surprising me. This show did in that it wasn’t just the saccharine syrup I expected, but it still wasn’t my cup of tea–until those 1/12/17 shows didn’t come and I started getting twitchy waiting, and got my fix by watching back episodes of everything, including this. It’s not bad, though I keep wanting to chuck the genki girl upside the head–but now I’ve got more than enough other things to watch.

Doctor TMI, signing off…

1 Like

DirecTV Georgia, 30087

No longer missing from the 2/9 update: Haikyu!! 2 (19) and Towanoquon (01)

Still missing from the 2/9 update: BTOOOM! (06)

1 Like

I usually don’t care for anime with little girls, no matter the story. Just not my cup of tea. Give me Adult Situations, Reverse Harems & Horror.

1 Like

Cogeco
St. Hyacinthe, QC J2R 2J4

Full update received this week. So it’s like the house will be all cleaned up with a fresh coat of paint before tearing it down.

Chaika ep. 04 is that one spot hard to reach out on the ceiling that left’s untouched – still missing from last week.

1 Like

Seems like the Schedules that went missing are still missing. That might make it hard to do a proper report this time around.

1 Like

Spectrum Carson, CA 90745

The 2/9 updates are showing up on the VOD menu.

Please note that Azumanga Daioh Episode 6 from 1/19 update is no longer showing up on the menu (taken off 1 week early).

2 Likes

Cox Communications, San Diego, CA 91910

Missing Episode Updated,

Bakuon, #9

1 Like

Suddenlink Cable
Parkersburg,WV 26101

From January 5 update
Another, Ep 12 is/was still Missing
BTOOOM!, Ep 1 never uploaded and BTOOOM! Ep 2 was removed from the lineup on 2-2-2017

From January 19 update:
Momokuri, Ep 3 is still Missing
Softenni, Ep 2 is still Missing
Tanaka-kun Is Always Listless, Ep 12 is still Missing

1 Like

Looks like i woke up too early since I got the rest of this weeks update later in the day. Still missing the jan 12 update but I doubt that will come since it was scheduled to be taken off this week. I will say that the anime I hate the most is when I watched most of the series but still wonder about the episode I didn’t get to watch.

1 Like

Checking this for you.

Did you receive any of your missing episodes mentioned in this post?

I’m afraid these episodes have now expired and won’t be resent.

Frontier FIOs 90505 (CA)

Missing Utawarerumono OVA Episode 02 has been added so the inventory of past episodes for all shows are now available.

However, there are a few shows missing from this week’s update and are listed below.

CLAMP School Detectives Episode 05
Himouto! Umaru-chan Ep 01 (new show per your website)
Matoi the Sacred Slayer Ep 02
Momokuri Ep 06
Towanoquon Ep 01 (new show per your website)

1 Like