Anime Network VOD Reports/Updates/Questions Thread (2018)

Detroit metal city did pop up for me eventually but I don’t watch it so I didn’t count it but everything else is the same. I still have machinegun 6 too, maybe that is cursed to ruin anime fun time viewing.

3 Likes

That happens to me too, My receiver sometimes loses its connection to the internet.

I have to go into the settings and reconnect, even if it says it’s connected.

Hope that helps.:v:

2 Likes

DirecTV Georgia, 30087

Pretty much the same as everyone else here.

2 Likes

DirecTV Phoenix, AZ

I see the same thing as the others. But I have a couple of notes.

Campione alone was placed in the Action Zone category.
The Girl Power category is gone, presumably because of lack of content.
Everything else was placed in Super Happy Funtime.
So it appears the category system is basically gone.

Everything has been back filled for a total of 4 weeks of shows. This leave quite a bit unwatchable as the first several episodes of most shows never appeared.

This is not the first time that updates have disappeared long enough for episodes to be completely lost. And it probably won’t be the last. You need a better way of dealing with the problem than just leaving the lost episodes as lost. I would have much preferred that TAN change the schedule and start the new shows by putting up the first episode. i don’t think there is much point in starting a show with the 4th episode. Don’t even bother running it, or start from the beginning.

The chart at http://tinyurl.com/yckwpnrs1 is updated.

++PLS
1 Like

missing:

Dec 14
Dec 21
Dec 28,…

probably just easier to list what i have, since i dont have a clue what i never got…

Action Zone:
Aohara x 6
Caimpone 4

Girl Power:
category is completely gone and doesnt exist, so no clue what was there.

Super Happy FunTime:

Amnesia 1, 2
Blue Spring Ride 6
Chubyuno 9, 10
Detroit Metal City 9, 10
Ebiten 4
Inu X Boku 5
K-on 215, 216
SNAFU 10
The Comic Artist 11,12

That is what is present. anything else is missing. sorry i can’t parse the visually impaired unfriendly text schedule to read it since it is made to be invisible to discriminate against the color-blind. I got everything up to and prior to the Dec 7 update on Dec 14, and this is all that is left.

so basically unless things have horribly changed, the entire weeks just needed to be re-pitched everywhere to correct it like every time in the past. \ :confused: /

3 Likes

@varishnakov

If it’s easier to just list the shows you DO have, that’s fine, I can figure it out from there.

1 Like

@pls2000

The shows are packaged to be sent out months in advance, it wouldn’t be possible to change the schedule and start over. Also, the FVOD providers all follow the same schedule, so if one were changed to start over, all the rest would have to be, including those who didn’t have any issues.

Also, your link doesn’t work anymore. :frowning:

1 Like

@Ultima395 :heavy_check_mark:

Could you confirm if all your December 28 and January 4 episodes are still missing?
Did you receive the January 11 update?

@JDogK7 :heavy_check_mark:
@falingtrea

Are you both seeing all your episodes like the other DirecTV viewers?

1 Like

I have not gotten the updates for December 28 and January 4th, but I did get January 11ths updates!

2 Likes

I understand that the schedule is laid out far in advance, but the pitching of shows to the middleman happens on a weekly timeframe.

It should be possible for all parties in the supply chain to get notified when there is a report of missing episodes. Not delivering episodes for four weeks in a row means that someone was not meeting their contractual obligations.

In the past, TAN has re-pitched defective episodes, why not the same for missing episodes?
In other words, why can’t missing episodes be replaced the very next week?

3 Likes

Mine showed up.

2 Likes

Update to Updates Received/Not Received 1/11/18 :: Time Warner Cable :: Albany, NY :: Zip Code 12203

The missing episodes are apparently enjoying the long Martin Luther King Day weekend. I hope all of you are, too. May we wake to a better week…

Thanks!

2 Likes

In a perfect world, this should happen.

This time, no one from DirecTV ever bothered to get back to AN for over 3 weeks. AN person called, left messages, emailed… all with no response. (I suppose “they” blame the holidays, but that shouldn’t matter)

1 Like

The report for this week & all follow-ups was compiled and sent to Anime Network today.

Users with missing episodes that have not reported back since the last report:

@falingtrea

2 Likes

Please note: Blogs are now easier to read.

White background with purple text.

(Still working on schedule color)

Note:

The anime categories (Action Zone / Girl Power / Super Happy Funtime) are not being phased out. It’s just working out that everything is going to the one category at the moment. They will be back in the future!

2 Likes

Update to Update to Updates Received/Not Received 1/11/18 :: Time Warner Cable :: Albany, NY :: Zip Code 12203

Surprisingly, the following episodes showed up today:

Campione 3
Comic Artist & Models 9 & 10
Detroit City 8
Ebiten 3
Inu x Boku SS 4
Teenage SNAFU 9
K-ON! II 13 &14

I’ll try to figure out (and hunt-&-peck out) a list of what’s still missing later.-- no time now. Sorry!

2 Likes

RECEIVED January 16 for January 4 update
Campione 3 - "From Afar, An Enemy Comes!"
The Comic Artist and His Assistants 9 - "Mistakes of the Past!"
The Comic Artist and His Assistants 10 - "Sena-chan’s Crisis/I’ll Cheer You On!/Rain Talk!"
Detroit Metal City 8 - "Promise / Alternation"
Ebiten 3 - "Put Love Into It, Not Konpeito!"
Inu x Boku Secret Service 4 - "Ayakashi Kan Walk Rally!"
K-On!! (Season 2) 13 - "Late Summer Postcard!"
K-On!! (Season 2) 14 - "Summer Training!"
Love, Chunibyo and Other Delusions! (Season 1) 8 - "Exiled… Just the Two of Them!"
My Teen Romantic Comedy ~ SNAFU 9 - “For the Third Time, He Turns Back on the Path from Whence He Came!”

STILL MISSING from January 4 update:
Blue Spring Ride 5 - "Page 5"
Love, Chunibyo and Other Delusions! (Season 1) 7 - “Reminiscences… of Paradise Lost!”

STILL MISSING from December 28 update:
Blue Spring Ride 4 - "Page 4"
The Comic Artist & His Assistants 7 - "Little Sister Attacks! / A Night Together / Piggybacking the Super Assistant!"
The Comic Artist & His Assistants 8 - "Chief Editor’s Check / In the Mind of a Girl / Going Too Far"
Ebiten 2 - "Crybaby Hakata’s Transformation of Splendor!"
Inu x Boku Secret Service 3 - "The Real Contract!"
Love, Chunibyo and Other Delusions! (Season 1) 6 - "The Atoned… Innocent!"
My Teen Romantic Comedy ~ SNAFU 8 - “One Day, They Will Learn the Truth!”

STILL MISSING from December 21 update:
Akikan! 11 - "Shaken! The Strongest Akikan!"
Blue Spring Ride 3 - "Page 3"
Campione 1 - “Tale of the Beginning!” (FIRST EPISODE)
The Comic Artist & His Assistants 5 - "Park Shock / Someday / Using Close Friends for Reference!"
The Comic Artist & His Assistants 6 - "Let’s Go to a Hot Spring"
Detroit Metal City 3 - "Pig/Drugs"
Inu x Boku Secret Service 2 - "A Lonely Dog!"
K-On!! (Season 2) 9 - "Finals!"
Love, Chunibyo and Other Delusions! (Season 1) 3 - "The Heretical… Pigtailed Girl!"
Love, Chunibyo and Other Delusions! (Season 1) 4 - "Regret of… the Mabinogion!"
Yuyushiki 11 - “Times Like These!”

2 Likes

Update to…to Update to Updates Received/Not Received 1/11/18 :: Time Warner Cable :: Albany, NY :: Zip Code 12203

Okay, I’ve also received Chunibyo #8
As best I can tell, I’m
Still Missing:

Akikan 11

Blue Spring Ride 3,4,5

Campione 1

Chunibyo 3,4,6,7

Comic Artist & Models 5,6, 7,8

Detroit City 3

Ebiten 2

Inu x Boku 2, 3

K-On! II 9

Teenage SNAFU 8

Yuyushiki 11

Of course, the ones I’ve bolded expire Thursday, so there’s not much time–but there’s still hope…

Thanks!

2 Likes

Verizon Fios - 13027

All missing episodes have been received. Anime Network still doesn’t appear under any of the menu options (either under “Premium” menu where it used to be, or under the “Network” listing) so the only way to find episodes is by title.

Thank you.

2 Likes

Episode 216 has shown up on DirecTV.

2 Likes