Anime Network Website Suggestions (pre-2015)

[quote=“mgosdin” post=110039]I still see the side banner “Ads” for the TAN Series, those have always displayed since the upgrade, but the upper “Fan” banners are missing as of 7:30 AM EST 3/14/2012.

Mark Gosdin[/quote]

Not sure what keeps happening to the top banners. I’ll get my whip out when Rai gets here and get to the bottom of it. :wink:

[quote=“Slowhand” post=110041]

[quote=“mgosdin” post=110039]I still see the side banner “Ads” for the TAN Series, those have always displayed since the upgrade, but the upper “Fan” banners are missing as of 7:30 AM EST 3/14/2012.

Mark Gosdin[/quote]

Not sure what keeps happening to the top banners. I’ll get my whip out when Rai gets here and get to the bottom of it. ;)[/quote]

I think someone is removing them because we keep complaining about the White. :wink:

[quote=“Slowhand” post=110041]

Mark Gosdin[/quote]

Not sure what keeps happening to the top banners. I’ll get my whip out when Rai gets here and get to the bottom of it. ;)[/quote]

Thank you Mistress. It is always an extreme pleasure to speak with you.

Mark Gosdin

[quote=“mgosdin” post=110057]Thank you Mistress. It is always an extreme pleasure to speak with you.

Mark Gosdin[/quote]

Oh… I like you…

[quote=“mgosdin” post=110057]

Not sure what keeps happening to the top banners. I’ll get my whip out when Rai gets here and get to the bottom of it. :wink:

Thank you Mistress. It is always an extreme pleasure to speak with you.

Mark Gosdin[/quote]

I’m glad I didn’t challenge when you said that you were indeed a greater masochist than I :laugh: :laugh:

I find it easier to state the truth.

Also, It’s more unnerving. :evil:

Mark Gosdin

I was just thinking…

Since no one (mods included) actually abides by this General Advice in the Rules section, do we really need it in there?

How about adding SSL encryption when trying to suscribe…whats with the popup for entering credit card information. Poor layout, to the point without SSL that it looks shady. My 2 cents.

I agree with this, I was leery of it myself. Though besides that, I am finding TAN to be more functional than its competitor’s.

[quote=“celestial_being” post=113270]

I agree with this, I was leery of it myself. Though besides that, I am finding TAN to be more functional than its competitor’s.[/quote]

It seems to be popular enough that its not shady, but Ive worked in ecommerce before. So I know what PCI Compliance standards are required and if they don’t even have SSL for that, then I cant even imagine what their backend looks like. Is the correct data is being encrypted, etc. Just makes me very leery to trust the site with my personal data.

[quote=“Xilox” post=113271]

I agree with this, I was leery of it myself. Though besides that, I am finding TAN to be more functional than its competitor’s.

It seems to be popular enough that its not shady, but Ive worked in ecommerce before. So I know what PCI Compliance standards are required and if they don’t even have SSL for that, then I cant even imagine what their backend looks like. Is the correct data is being encrypted, etc. Just makes me very leery to trust the site with my personal data.[/quote]

I do hope that if TAN were to be compromised by some incredibly lame hacking effort that we wouldn’t find out that all the credit card numbers, passwords, and other PII were stored in plain-text, as we’ve seen a fair number of times since the beginning of 2011.

Encryption makes you better than Sony :wink:

This reminds me, I do find the Sentai payment choices preferable to those of most other subscription services I’ve used as I can pay monthly, quarterly, or annually here.

[quote=“The Coffee God” post=111904]
I was just thinking…

Since no one (mods included) actually abides by this General Advice in the Rules section, do we really need it in there?

[/quote]

I included that bit of advice thinking it would help reduce page clutter, in case many people were to quote the same post in a thread with an image or video within a short span of time. We don’t have any issues like that right now, but I think keeping it in the Rules merely as advice is good in case we get an influx of users who aren’t familiar with forum etiquette.

The title list is big enough that the site really needs filters to sort the titles by genre. A queue would be a big help in sorting what I have been watching.

That and a way to display the titles in a single column.
(Both THE SHOWS and WATCH ANIME NOW are three across, which is good for the desktop but not for the smartphone.)

Yes, a queue like Crunchyroll, with a Play next button to jump to the next unwatched episode.
That should make the “[size=4]Blog / Important Notice for Anime Network Online Users - Anime Network watched[/size]” indicators finally work right.

-Joe

fix you ass and fire someone that doesnt know how to do their job, and hire someone that CAN and DOES.

Himawari, Too! and Modern Magic Made Simple both cut off before showing the final episodes.

ef ~ Tale of Melodies doesnt even appear on the schedule and shows up as noted on the channel:

Ef 2 09 = ef ~ Tale of Melodies ep 1
Ef 08 = ef ~ Tale of Memories ep 12

nobody knows what the hell they should expect, so their expectations and interest is becoming less and less.

get some professionalism, and someone who can design and operate a website. at least someone that can use a list and check to make sure it is correct.

schedule suggestion itself? list shows as follows:

1. check episodes listed http://www.theanimenetwork.com/Watch-Online/AZIndex
  2. compile list for the schedule then as: (CSV)
    start-date,end-date,Himawari, Too! (Season 2),12/13,Rescue! A Shinobi’s Friendship Means Sharing Their Fate,Subtitled,[whatever other table columns]

if you see the schedule showing 12/13 (read in English 12 of 13), then the next week should be 13/13

just… arkutysfdghfdgj fjghfgdfjghfjk :angry:

i’ve seen middle schoolers run better websites!

It’s not even the website per-se, I think the person responsible for arranging what’s shown and sent to particularly the Free30 VOD providers, doesn’t really care or even pay that much attention to what gets sent out week to week. What’s telling is when it takes months to fix a minor mistake that should be easy to add to the next week’s update, even if it means delaying a new series by a week to do it.

I mean, look what happened to Allison & Lillia - that and one other show got shortchanged because someone couldn’t pay enough attention to see how many Thursdays there were in a particular month in the schedule, then to compound it they pull one show on it’s first ever run and leave up at least one that’s already been shown all the way through.

I have to say, we have a nice big flat screen TV in the other room - there is no amount of effort TAN can do that will drive me to watch these shows on my tiny computer monitor, via the website, instead.

As for the Free30 thing, I don’t get a choice on that. If I could add a dedicated channel for a couple bucks a month, I’d do that, provided I didn’t have to pay like $25 a month and get a bunch of channels I’ll never look at along with it. But I won’t pay $4-$6 a shot to watch a series in groups of 4 to 5 episodes - I don’t order anything that’s pay per view because 99% of it I can see for free (well, for what I already pay as it is) sooner or later.

Bottom line is don’t shaft people who have no control over how their cable company handles the service. I didn’t set up cable TV so that most companies would have a monopoly on the service in a given area. Is it really that difficult to try a little harder and put just a bit more effort into taking care of this stuff correctly? I do agree with Shadzar, if someone’s constantly screwing up and not going to do things right, they probably should be replaced by someone who will do it right, that’s just plain unprofessional in any job situation.

While I understand the need/want for adding this to the top of Announcements section…

I think part of the issue is the New Topic tab at the top.
If you click on it and make a thread, unless you’re knowledgable about the Category selection at the top of every new thread, and change it to go into the proper section, it’ll always create a thread in the Announcements section.

[size=5]Example[/size]

Good catch there. I never noticed that before.

Thank you coffee, I’m just going to go ahead and get rid of it, seeing as most people will know to go to a specific category to make a thread.

Doesn’t the forum software allow you to restrict who can make topics?