ANO Technical Support & Customer Service

Okay, so, now the player works and the hulu thing has been resolved for me, and all that.

But now only the first episode of shows that used to have all “guest” episodes are actually “guest” episodes.

Stuff like Hidamari sketch, and HOTD and Mysterious Girlfriend X (and every currently airing) only have their first episode as labelled “Guest” even though all of the episodes used to be labeled that way prior to the recent fixes for Canadian users.

Is this due to licensing issues, or has something gone wrong somewhere?

[quote=“a_mailbox, post:41, topic:8552”]
But now only the first episode of shows that used to have all “guest” episodes are actually “guest” episodes.

Stuff like Hidamari sketch, and HOTD and Mysterious Girlfriend X (and every currently airing) only have their first episode as labelled “Guest” even though all of the episodes used to be labeled that way prior to the recent fixes for Canadian users.

Is this due to licensing issues, or has something gone wrong somewhere?[/quote]
From a few posts up:

[quote=“spazzysam, post:36, topic:8552”]
Yes, the offering for free content has changed. Due to licensing restrictions, we can only offer limited subtitled episodes from TV series for free viewing, without ads. Otherwise, a premium subscription is required.[/quote]

It turns out I was logged out, but it was (sort of) showing me as being logged in. It showed my username at the top of the list, but as though I was a guest user rather than a premium user (i.e.: the navigation bar showed up as WATCH SCHEDULE NEWS FORUMS +JERRAN FREE TWO WEEK TRIAL). Once I log in, however, I can’t even get the Hulu player, instead, I get a page full of error codes.

Below is the error from the actual video page. It is slightly different from the one I get from selecting a category, which is listed in my first post.

======================================================================================

Server Error in ‘/’ Application.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

Line 54: <button class=“@Model.AddToQueueButtonClass @(Model.Queue.Count(x => x.Id == Model.Title.Id) == 0 ? “” : “hidden”) addTitle@(Model.Title.Id)” onclick=“addTitleToQueue(@Model.Title.Id,‘@SHA1Hash.SaltedHash(Model.User.Id.ToString() + Model.Title.Id.ToString())’);” title=“Add To Queue”>
Line 55: <button class=“@Model.RemoveFromQueueButtonClass @(Model.Queue.Count(x => x.Id == Model.Title.Id) == 0 ? “hidden” : “”) removeTitle@(Model.Title.Id)” onclick=“removeTitleFromQueue(@Model.Title.Id,‘@SHA1Hash.SaltedHash(Model.User.Id.ToString() + Model.Title.Id.ToString())’);” title=“Remove From Queue”>
Line 56: <button class=“@Model.AddFavoriteButtonClass addFavorite@(Model.Title.Id) @(Model.Favorites.Count(x => x.Id == Model.Title.Id) == 0 ? “” : “hidden”)” onclick=“addFavorite(@Model.Title.Id,‘@SHA1Hash.SaltedHash(Model.User.Id.ToString() + Model.Title.Id.ToString())’);” title=“Add Favorite”>
Line 57: <button class=“@Model.RemoveFavoriteButtonClass removeFavorite@(Model.Title.Id) @(Model.Favorites.Count(x => x.Id == Model.Title.Id) == 0 ? “hidden” : “”)” onclick=“removeFavorite(@Model.Title.Id,‘@SHA1Hash.SaltedHash(Model.User.Id.ToString() + Model.Title.Id.ToString())’);” title=“Remove Favorite”>
Line 58:

Source File: c:\inetpub\wwwroot\Views\Anime\Info.cshtml Line: 56

Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
ASP._Page_Views_Anime_Info_cshtml.b__2(Title x) in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\Views\Anime\Info.cshtml:56
System.Linq.Enumerable.Count(IEnumerable1 source, Func2 predicate) +153
ASP._Page_Views_Anime_Info_cshtml.Execute() in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\Views\Anime\Info.cshtml:53
System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.ExecutePageHierarchy() +279
System.Web.Mvc.WebViewPage.ExecutePageHierarchy() +125
System.Web.WebPages.StartPage.ExecutePageHierarchy() +142
System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.ExecutePageHierarchy(WebPageContext pageContext, TextWriter writer, WebPageRenderingBase startPage) +109
System.Web.Mvc.ViewResultBase.ExecuteResult(ControllerContext context) +379
System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultFilterRecursive(IList1 filters, Int32 filterIndex, ResultExecutingContext preContext, ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionResult actionResult) +108 System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultFilterRecursive(IList1 filters, Int32 filterIndex, ResultExecutingContext preContext, ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionResult actionResult) +890
System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultFilterRecursive(IList1 filters, Int32 filterIndex, ResultExecutingContext preContext, ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionResult actionResult) +890 System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultWithFilters(ControllerContext controllerContext, IList1 filters, ActionResult actionResult) +97
System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass21.b__1e(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +231
System.Web.Mvc.Controller.b__1d(IAsyncResult asyncResult, ExecuteCoreState innerState) +29
System.Web.Mvc.Async.WrappedAsyncVoid1.CallEndDelegate(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +111 System.Web.Mvc.Controller.EndExecuteCore(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +53 System.Web.Mvc.Async.WrappedAsyncVoid1.CallEndDelegate(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +19
System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.b__5(IAsyncResult asyncResult, ProcessRequestState innerState) +51
System.Web.Mvc.Async.WrappedAsyncVoid`1.CallEndDelegate(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +111
System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +606
System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +288

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.34212

Thanks for the player fix for us Canadians! <3

I have another question though

I came to this site to rewatch Clannad and that’s when I saw the whole Hulu thing
It’s all fixed now but I still can’t watch Clannad since apparently it’s premium only
It was for guests before and this is the only site where I can watch Clannad
Is this a bug or do I really have to pay now?

Edit: I have this problem with every Guest anime it seems

Edit 2: Oh I read more on this topic and see why you guys are only able to put a number of episodes for guests but was wondering if you might have a way to have an ad system on your new player instead of having to use Hulu
I don’t really know how it works and if finding a way to use ads on your player is a feasible solution but I’m just guessing that could be an option
I don’t want to ask too much out of you guys and if you can’t do any of that it’s okay
Thanks for the support!

why am i getting redirected to hulu and getting adds in mittle of watching
shows

1 Like

Please help. Why did you cancel my subscription? I didn’t do so. Arrrggg!!!

Never mind, it is still active and being taken out of my account.

BUT, I cannot access any premium videos, it just keeps asking me to give you my email account so I can start my 2 week free subscription. Um… I paid August 29th. Why don’t I have access?

On to FUNimation where they remember me.

They’re having an issue where the site randomly logs you out.

1 Like

Thanks for letting me know. Forgot to say that I do like what you are doing with the site. Hope you are able to get it fixed soon.

1 Like

We are currently working on the random log out issue.

For those of you who are Premium, but get the Hulu player, can you confirm that you are still signed into your account when you get the to the player page? In most reported cases, the user gets signed out of their account while the player page is loading.

Is anyone else still experiencing the issue where they get an error upon sign in?
As in, they enter their username/pw, hit the Log In button & then immediately get an error message?

I got the login error page exactly once. However, while I’m actually logged in, I get an error page while searching for videos, browsing categories, and trying to watch videos. I don’t know if the specific error codes change each time I try or not, but examples of both errrs are posted above.

1 Like

@Jerran
Can you post a screenshot of the error and paste the URL of the page you were on when you got it?

Fixed! Love the new interface. Thanks! :wink:

1 Like

This problem only happens after I’m logged in. The URL is: sso.theanimenetwork.com/Watch-Anime/Genre/Mature

– Addendum: after some experimentation, I have ascertained that I can watch the videos while logged in, but only by loading the video list page while logged out (using multiple tabs works best for this), then logging in, and selecting the specific video (or selecting the specific video, logging in, then refreshing to get the proper player), or by directly plugging in the specific video’s URL while logged in.

The error for this page follows.

======================================================================================

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

Line 52: <button class=“@Model.AddToQueueButtonClass addTitle@(title.Id) @(Model.Queue.Count(x => x.Id == title.Id) == 0?”“:“hidden”)” onclick=“addTitleToQueue(@title.Id,‘@SHA1Hash.SaltedHash(Model.User.Id.ToString()+title.Id.ToString())’);” title=“Add To Queue”>
Line 53: <button class=“@Model.RemoveFromQueueButtonClass removeTitle@(title.Id) @(Model.Queue.Count(x => x.Id == title.Id) == 0?“hidden”:”“)” onclick=“removeTitleFromQueue(@title.Id,‘@SHA1Hash.SaltedHash(Model.User.Id.ToString() + title.Id.ToString())’);” title=“Remove From Queue”>
Line 54: <button class=“@Model.AddFavoriteButtonClass addFavorite@(title.Id) @(Model.Favorites.Count(x => x.Id == title.Id) == 0?”“:“hidden”)” onclick=“addFavorite(@title.Id,‘@SHA1Hash.SaltedHash(Model.User.Id.ToString() + title.Id.ToString())’);” title=“Add Favorite”>
Line 55: <button class=“@Model.RemoveFavoriteButtonClass removeFavorite@(title.Id) @(Model.Favorites.Count(x => x.Id == title.Id) == 0 ? “hidden” : “”)” onclick=“removeFavorite(@title.Id,‘@SHA1Hash.SaltedHash(Model.User.Id.ToString() + title.Id.ToString())’);” title=“Remove Favorite”>
Line 56:

Source File: c:\inetpub\wwwroot\Views\Anime\TitlesByTag.cshtml Line: 54

Stack Trace:

ASP.<>c__DisplayClass9.b__3(Title x) in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\Views\Anime\TitlesByTag.cshtml:54
ASP._Page_Views_Anime_TitlesByTag_cshtml.Execute() in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\Views\Anime\TitlesByTag.cshtml:50
System.Web.Mvc.WebViewPage.ExecutePageHierarchy() +128
System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.ExecutePageHierarchy(WebPageContext pageContext, TextWriter writer, WebPageRenderingBase startPage) +112
System.Web.Mvc.ViewResultBase.ExecuteResult(ControllerContext context) +397
System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultFilterRecursive(IList1 filters, Int32 filterIndex, ResultExecutingContext preContext, ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionResult actionResult) +117 System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultFilterRecursive(IList1 filters, Int32 filterIndex, ResultExecutingContext preContext, ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionResult actionResult) +942
System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultFilterRecursive(IList1 filters, Int32 filterIndex, ResultExecutingContext preContext, ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionResult actionResult) +942 System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultFilterRecursive(IList1 filters, Int32 filterIndex, ResultExecutingContext preContext, ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionResult actionResult) +942
System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultWithFilters(ControllerContext controllerContext, IList1 filters, ActionResult actionResult) +100 System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass21.<BeginInvokeAction>b__1e(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +231 System.Web.Mvc.Controller.<BeginExecuteCore>b__1d(IAsyncResult asyncResult, ExecuteCoreState innerState) +32 System.Web.Mvc.Async.WrappedAsyncVoid1.CallEndDelegate(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +111
System.Web.Mvc.Controller.EndExecuteCore(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +53
System.Web.Mvc.Async.WrappedAsyncVoid1.CallEndDelegate(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +19 System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.<BeginProcessRequest>b__5(IAsyncResult asyncResult, ProcessRequestState innerState) +54 System.Web.Mvc.Async.WrappedAsyncVoid1.CallEndDelegate(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +111
System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +606
System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +288

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.34212

The error for a video series is slightly different. Using Modern Magic Made Simple as an example, here are the URL and error respectively:

URL: http://sso.theanimenetwork.com/Watch-Anime/Modern-Magic-Made-Simple

Error:

Source Error:

Line 54: <button class=“@Model.AddToQueueButtonClass @(Model.Queue.Count(x => x.Id == Model.Title.Id) == 0 ? “” : “hidden”) addTitle@(Model.Title.Id)” onclick=“addTitleToQueue(@Model.Title.Id,‘@SHA1Hash.SaltedHash(Model.User.Id.ToString() + Model.Title.Id.ToString())’);” title=“Add To Queue”>
Line 55: <button class=“@Model.RemoveFromQueueButtonClass @(Model.Queue.Count(x => x.Id == Model.Title.Id) == 0 ? “hidden” : “”) removeTitle@(Model.Title.Id)” onclick=“removeTitleFromQueue(@Model.Title.Id,‘@SHA1Hash.SaltedHash(Model.User.Id.ToString() + Model.Title.Id.ToString())’);” title=“Remove From Queue”>
Line 56: <button class=“@Model.AddFavoriteButtonClass addFavorite@(Model.Title.Id) @(Model.Favorites.Count(x => x.Id == Model.Title.Id) == 0 ? “” : “hidden”)” onclick=“addFavorite(@Model.Title.Id,‘@SHA1Hash.SaltedHash(Model.User.Id.ToString() + Model.Title.Id.ToString())’);” title=“Add Favorite”>
Line 57: <button class=“@Model.RemoveFavoriteButtonClass removeFavorite@(Model.Title.Id) @(Model.Favorites.Count(x => x.Id == Model.Title.Id) == 0 ? “hidden” : “”)” onclick=“removeFavorite(@Model.Title.Id,‘@SHA1Hash.SaltedHash(Model.User.Id.ToString() + Model.Title.Id.ToString())’);” title=“Remove Favorite”>
Line 58:

Source File: c:\inetpub\wwwroot\Views\Anime\Info.cshtml Line: 56

Stack Trace:

ASP._Page_Views_Anime_Info_cshtml.b__2(Title x) in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\Views\Anime\Info.cshtml:56
ASP._Page_Views_Anime_Info_cshtml.Execute() in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\Views\Anime\Info.cshtml:53
System.Web.Mvc.WebViewPage.ExecutePageHierarchy() +128
System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.ExecutePageHierarchy(WebPageContext pageContext, TextWriter writer, WebPageRenderingBase startPage) +112
System.Web.Mvc.ViewResultBase.ExecuteResult(ControllerContext context) +397
System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultFilterRecursive(IList1 filters, Int32 filterIndex, ResultExecutingContext preContext, ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionResult actionResult) +117 System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultFilterRecursive(IList1 filters, Int32 filterIndex, ResultExecutingContext preContext, ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionResult actionResult) +942
System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultFilterRecursive(IList1 filters, Int32 filterIndex, ResultExecutingContext preContext, ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionResult actionResult) +942 System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultFilterRecursive(IList1 filters, Int32 filterIndex, ResultExecutingContext preContext, ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionResult actionResult) +942
System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultWithFilters(ControllerContext controllerContext, IList1 filters, ActionResult actionResult) +100 System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass21.<BeginInvokeAction>b__1e(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +231 System.Web.Mvc.Controller.<BeginExecuteCore>b__1d(IAsyncResult asyncResult, ExecuteCoreState innerState) +32 System.Web.Mvc.Async.WrappedAsyncVoid1.CallEndDelegate(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +111
System.Web.Mvc.Controller.EndExecuteCore(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +53
System.Web.Mvc.Async.WrappedAsyncVoid1.CallEndDelegate(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +19 System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.<BeginProcessRequest>b__5(IAsyncResult asyncResult, ProcessRequestState innerState) +54 System.Web.Mvc.Async.WrappedAsyncVoid1.CallEndDelegate(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +111

Likewise. I only get the “Error in ‘/’ Application” errors when I’m logged in. When I’m not, I can get all the way to the point of starting the video (but of course I can’t actually start it since It’s premium content).

I need you to cancel my trial as both the Privacy policy and My account are blocked on my iPad and so I would very much appreciate if one of you helpers can do it for me My account name is Thorin24anime.

I’m getting an error when I try to view online. It says "Error setting up player: Invalid license key.

I’m using Windows 10. The error occurs with all shows and on both Firefox and Edge. Everything is up to date.

http://imgur.com/N0awF0d

I’ve forwarded this to Admin, but I’m not sure if anyone is still in the office.
Hopefully someone will get to this soon.

Hello Wobbyball,

We have tested the issue you reported and we were not able to replicate the issue.

A quick google search will reveal that this type of streaming issue is a known bug with Windows 10 and something that needs to be fixed on Microsoft’s end.

It seems to be a bug on Microsoft’s end that effects certain devices and the way they stream videos. A work around some people have found to work was to switch their internet settings to use software rendering rather than GPU rendering. With that said, that is something a Microsoft tech will have to resolve with you.

In the mean time, If the video is still not playing for you, please make sure that all of your software, plugins and web browsers are all up to date.
Also, please try clearing your cache, cookies and browsing history, close down your browser and then restart it again. Try logging in and watching the video again in Microsoft Edge, Firefox, and Google Chrome.

Thank you,
-Mo-