As the Mecha Turns II

At the farmers market. A purple portal opens and Senko, Mikan, and Yami in her Darkness outfit walk through. It closes behind them, as Yami’s outfit reverts to normal.

Mikan chuckles. “That outfit sure makes you look like an exhibitionist Yami. You really can’t change the design?”

Yami has a look of total embarrassment. “That outfit is engraved into the darkness trans program. I’d change it if I could, but I can’t. It’s the fastest way to travel though…”

Senko: “There there. It looks good on you, if not a little bit skimpy. It’s hot!”

Yami has a blank expression. “You’ve been hanging around Maou too much recently…”

Mikan: “Don’t mind it. Now. Let’s get shopping!”

Senko: Yes! Let’s!"

Shopping montage.

Mikan: “These are the freshest. See the colour of the skin and the firmness?”

Senko: "No. No. These are fresher! I can tell!

Yami: "Stop fighting you two. We can get both. Remember. We have that interspacial fridge that Ueno made, which will keep everything as fresh as when you put them in it.

Mikan and Senko: “Oh yeah! Sorry…”

Yami: “Can we go over to the poultry section? I’d like to pick up some chicken breasts and backs.”

Mikan: “Strange. You’re usually not one to specify what you want to eat. Are you having unusual cravings already?”

Yami: “Not unusual cravings. But I did have a craving for chicken noodle soup…”

Mikan and Senko: “What???”

Yami blushes. “Maou made it for me a while ago. I just really wanted some again.”

Senko: “Ara-ara!”

Mikan: “You sly girl. You just want Maou to cook it for you again, don’t you?”

Yami blushes harder.

Senko pats her head. “Aww! That’s so sweet!”

Another shopping montage.

Several hours later, Yami is carrying several massive totes with her hair.

Senko: “That’s pretty much everything on the list. Oh! My fried tofu!”

Mikan: “Go ahead and get it. Yami and I will wait for you around here.”

Senko: “Thanks!” She hurries off.

Mikan: “Go ahead and sit down over there Yami. I’ll be right back.”

Yami sits down on a bench and lowers the totes to the ground next to her. Her hair returns to it’s normal form.

Mikan returns. “Here ya go!” She hands Yami a Taiyaki and a Dr Pepper. She then proceeds to sit down next to her.

Yami: “This has been nice today, just hanging out with you and Senko. Everything has been so busy lately. It’s relaxing to just take some time to do things and not rush rush rush.”

Mikan: “I agree. It’s been pleasant today, not having to worry about anything.”

Yami takes a sip of her Dr Pepper. Her expression sours. “Where did you get this, huh Mikan?”

Mikan: “At that stand over there. Why?”

Yami looks discernably upset. “It’s flat.”

Mikan laughs. “If Maou were here, he’d be raising hell, wouldn’t he?”

Yami laughs. "He’d be like: “This is an insult to Charles Alderton!!!

They both laugh harder.

Senko returns. “What’s so funny you two?”

Yami: “Flat Dr Pepper.”

Senko is utterly confused. “Anyway, I got my tofu. Are y’all finished?”

Mikan: “Yep. Ready to go?”

Yami: “I don’t like going Darkness in public if I can avoid it, let’s go someplace quieter.”

She picks up the totes with her hair, and they go to a secluded area. Yami glows yellow, as her outfit turns into practically nothing but a cape, straps, and a thong and two horns manifest on the top of her head. “Okay. Ready?” She opens a portal and all three girls pass through.

2 Likes