Brain Drain

Been watching a show on truTV called “truInside” - gives some behind-the-scenes info about popular movies.

They’ve done three already - Airplane!, Election, Fast Times at Ridgemont High

For Fast Times, they originally had an “X” rating and had to trim some scenes, including one of male-frontal nudity.

The first time director asked the MPAA why there could be female-frontal nudity, but not male for an “R”-rating.

Their answer

The male organ is aggressive.

3 Likes

^^ That makes sense. :laughing:

I got IP banned from Fandom Post for some reason.

@Slowhand has had the same problem tonight. It was down altogether for a time. So, my guess is that they are maybe having a Denial Of Service issue.

Mark Gosdin

@TheCoffeeGod

[details=According to one of the site administrators]

Chris Beveridge:

We had some DDoS attacks going on and anyone over a certain number of hits got tagged to try and ease the server.

Go to FandomPost’s Twitter and send a private message with your IP Address to him.[/details]

I don’t have a Twitter account though.

If the site is that important, might as well start one. I’m not sure this will resolve without a fix. Completely up to you.

I don’t have a Twitter account either, swore off of that and hard liquor a loooong time ago. :innocent:

If they respond to a DDOS by banning high hit count IP’s and they end up banning regular users then they need to take a much harder look at their approach to the problem.

Mark Gosdin

2 Likes

Twitter requires a mobile phone number to start an account, of which I don’t have either.
So it’s not really an option for me, even if I wanted an account…

-edit-
It seems I can skip that part apparently, so I made one just for this.

twitter is work of the devil

…or the NSA

take your pick, either works.:relieved:

3 Likes

Here’s a question:

You haven’t been sleeping well, so you decide to take a nap in the afternoon. (even if you don’t take naps, which one do you think you’d do?)

Do you:

1. Lie down in all your clothes/shoes and nap on the couch/recliner?
  2. Lie down in all your clothes/shoes and nap in bed?
  3. Lie down in all your clothes, but take your shoes off and nap on the couch/recliner?
  4. Lie down in all your clothes, but take your shoes off and nap in bed?
  5. Put on your pajamas and nap on the couch/recliner?
  6. Put on your pajamas and nap in bed?
  7. Sleep nude (wherever you want)?

This is a discussion that my friends and I have been mulling over and we all seem to do it differently.

2 Likes

For me, I don’t normally wear my shoes in my house, so it would be 3 or 4. If I do nap, it tends to be 3 as I’m normally on my couch when I get tired enough to take a nap. (More like, I crash, I can’t take a nap at will for some reason)

4 Likes

When I take naps, I’m #4. I take my shoes off at the door. In some cases, if I’m wearing an overshirt that feels uncomfortable to lie down in, I take that off and wear my T-shirt but keep on everything else I’m wearing.

I have fallen asleep in my chair but it more or less just happens if I’m watching something. I prefer the bed.

3 Likes

I can’t sleep with anything restrictive on, so I put on my pajamas and hop in bed.

I’ve always thought that’s the way everyone did it, imagine my surprise when I heard all these other ways to do it.

(I know, I’m so sheltered…)

3 Likes

Number 4 all the way. I like loose fitting clothes for around the house, sleep pants & t-shirt.

Mark Gosdin

What is with the font? Never mind it was the pound sign. Fun stuff.

3 Likes

I’ll probably start making that a Sunday thing. That’s my biggest day to relax.

2 Likes

When I am home, I am relaxing, so I usually just wear a big oversized tee shirt and slippers.

Depending on where I am when I start to doze off, I can use either the couch or the bed or the floor. Doesn’t really matter which one. There is always a pillow and a throw blanket handy. And I won’t even comment on #7!!

I have also fallen asleep at the computer. That would be in a regular office chair. Not a pretty way to wake up!

4 Likes

Oh Oracle, why did you make it so that if one needed to make a new install of Oracle 12, and import data, you force the DBA to manually recreate all DB users, which the DBA may not know the needed passwords for some apps, which leaves them in a catch 22 with creating users…

Guess what I dealt with at work today (and finally put my complaint to bed, now to do more work in this case, but user issue should be completely done with now)

Oh boy I am getting blasted with snow, and no I didn’t sneeze, cast a spell and cause this blizzard.

In other cold news, I had ice cream and it was very good.

That is the news report for tonight. This is Snowy, sliding off.

2 Likes

On today’s episode of YouTube Comments - “First” spam: Why is this even a thing and not swiftly deleted?

If anybody had the job of scooping up that pile of crap…what a shame. :expressionless: