Brain Drain

At least the rest except a few are a little more then they were during the last sale . So in my mind it balances out . Of course that is also the set I had a hiccup with . lol

When I was looking for Monster Musume cheapest I found was $199.99 from a third party fulfilled by amazon for a new copy . There is two of them and both have more then one available . They each had a few more . So I wonder if they were buying them cheap then holding them to they went out of print . The guy that had No Game No life jacked his price up a few weeks back . Would not be a horrible thing except heā€™s a store thatā€™s been around for years . One of the many reasons I donā€™t buy from there . Though Rightstuf used to do the same thing on Amazon so .

I fixed my email this morning so I did not have to keep logging in . Pain in the rear . Just trying to push thier horrible app . If Iā€™d not been using it for so long Iā€™d have gone over some place else .

3 Likes

That looks like a pretty swell deal for that IS2 LE. Iā€™d forgotten that the IS2 bluray was only available in the LE.

Hopefully we donā€™t see too much more of that, thatā€™s too limited for me.

But wow, this Sentai store sale on box sets looks legit all 'round, it is putting so many of these primo packs at regular-edition prices.

ā€¦eons ago, I heard an interview with Funiā€™s former packaging designer who doubled as a VA; Anitmere Robinson, if memory serves. Anyhow, what stuck with me was his quote that quality packaging should be almost as cool as what is in the box. It looks to me like a fair number of these newer Sentai boxsets do that.

1 Like

Funi used to do it (Baka and Test S2 comes to mind), but I believe IS2 and formerly both seasons of CHUNIBYO (alongside S1ā€™s Dub) would be the only Sentai cases of a Blu-ray being exclusive to the PBS.

The only other instance of anything similar would be K-ON, and both seasons and the movie had a regular BD release as well. The only thing youā€™d miss out on with this series PBS would be the ā€œnewā€ special features.

Adding to that, with the demise of DVD, most, if not all Sentai series from this point on will be released on BD only.

You are correct about that.
My purchases:

Umaru-chan:
Summer Sale:$44.99
Flash Sale: $57:99

IS 1 BD and 2 PBS
Summer Sale: $94:98
Fire Sale $100.98

So it was still cheaper by nearly $20, not even including the savings on the GUP and CHUNIBYO sets from order #3.

Bought the Asian English subbed Super Robot Wars X . Now to make the big decision . Male or Female ?

2 Likes

How are you at flirting?

2 Likes

looks out to see if itā€™s safe

Hmmm looks good. Umā€¦okay then.

Congrats to @Mameeta85 for being the New User of the Month for August 2018! :grinning: :tada:

Go to your room and stay in there System.

6 Likes

First batch of ice cream or more sorbet really . Turned in to more gel like . So basically a McDonaldā€™s smoothie . Put in the freezer to see if itā€™s just the machine bucket not staying cold enough as it churns or of it needs more mix . Mix is very sweet so did not want to overdo it .

2 Likes

I sir am offended at that. How dare you ruin the name of a gel smoothie as you did.

:wink:

2 Likes

Well one of the outside cats has been gone for going on 5 days now . Worried as she is not the biggest of cats or the friendliest to people so unlike the last one that think someone took in not sure anyone would take her in .

4 Likes

Hope you find her soon, @Psychopuppet - I hate when one of my outside kitties is MIA.

2 Likes

Just when you think youā€™ve heard everythingā€¦

3 Likes

Thanks Slow . Sheā€™s done a few days away before ,but not this long . Iā€™m hoping sheā€™s found some other people and cats . Weā€™ve had a few new cats show up at random so hopefully none of them chased her off or hurt her .

1 Like

My exā€™s family offered to contribute $3,000.

Sheā€™s been married before?

As ridiculous as this proposal of hers was, it doesnā€™t seem that outlandish when I remember all the destination weddings that family members have been invited to, though in those youā€™re paying the airlines/cruise companies, not the ā€œhappy coupleā€ directly.

1 Like

Sounds like the groom or rather ex-groom got one of those lucky breaks .

2 Likes

My package from Japan finally made it to the U.S. the other day.

Now to see how long customs will hold itā€¦

2 Likes

Weā€™ve had a couple of packages from Japan recently, neither one spent more than a day with US Customs.

Mark Gosdin

1 Like

This heat is bad here . Hopefully the two things coming UPS and the driver are not melted in that dark brown truck .

3 Likes

I often see the UPS guys driving their trucks with the side doors open, for airflow. I wonder why thereā€™s not (or is there?) some sort of vent on the back to make for more efficient cooling?

Which reminds me that a few weeks back, earlier in the summer, I saw a FedEx truck take a turn at night at a traffic light and the rear door was not secure and some boxes fell out onto the roadway. With the slow speed of the truck at the time, Iā€™d like to think that the packages were fine, but I still cringed :worried:

2 Likes

UPS I know that does not have A/C in the bigger trucks around here . Iā€™m pretty sure they donā€™t have a vent in the back either . I remember one really hot summer a driver got in trouble for securing boxes and leaving his back door opened . They used to at least have white paint on top of the trucks ,but not seen it in a while here .

Not sure if all fedex trucks have a/c ,but at least the trucks are white not a dark color that attracts heat . I felt bad for the guy yesterday . He looked like heā€™d jumped in a pool with his uniform on . Next year I think I need to buy a cooler for water and find a way chain it to something .

Pretty sure the USPS small hodgepodge trucks donā€™t have a/c ,but again at least they are white . I know they gave them fans ,but not seen one running since they have had them here . Used to be they used thier own vehicles .

3 Likes

Going on the 8th day the kitty came back .
She looks a bit frazzled , a little skinnier , and ate a good bit of dry food . Not really wanting wet for some reason . She let me pet her a few times which is rare . Either she got carried away by a car or someone trapped her or she got trapped some place . Really hoping none ,but sheā€™s been gone to long to not have had something happen . Seems to be happy to be back .

5 Likes