Brain Drain

I’ve been resolute about not getting into eBay bidding wars, I have a lot of experience with that and some really nice 35mm camera equipment to prove it.

So I’m trying to understand Lindsey Buckingham suing Fleetwood Mac. It just seems bizarre. I bought a CD of their 1997 “The Dance” live album at the SA Thrift this weekend. It’s good, but it’s also 20 years old.

Mark Gosdin

4 Likes

Got up this afternoon to find our water had been turned off. However I already know the reason. Intercession City is having new plumbing installed on the entire city, due to the current system being nearly 70 years old:

https://www.tohowater.com/Pages/INTERCESSION-PROJECT.aspx

There is only one problem with this. According to the website itself, they were supposed to inform us about service interruptions at least 48 hours in advance.

Good job on keeping us informed Toho Water :unamused:

3 Likes

We have Toho Water as well, the system here is much newer with the mains having been replaced just last year. It wasn’t that they were old, being vintage 2000ish, but they weren’t adequate given all the new & planned construction.

Now we need the county to widen Simpson Road, two -> four lanes, they had the money to do it in 2008 but spent it elsewhere. Now they don’t want to do it until 2020, but the new development is forcing their hand.

Mark Gosdin

2 Likes

Simpson road! OMG!

Question, have you been to Rodeo Diner? It’s literally right next to Simpson Road, right off of 192.

It’s the only place in Central FL that sells Scrapple on their menu, to my knowledge.

(They don’t serve it crispy like I prefer, but it’s still really good)

My scrapple dish, for reference

1 Like

Hmmm, I’ve heard of Scrapple since I lived in NE Oklahoma which has a large Amish population that came there from Pennsylvania.

We do drive by the Rodeo Diner, but usually in hurry dodging the insane traffic on 192. Will have to take time to check it out.

Mark Gosdin

1 Like

Just do like my local gov’t does: pack in as many new developments as possible, but don’t improve the roads one iota, and then campaign for reelection on improving the increasingly-awful. Brilliant :+1: :thinking:

Only 70 years old? Don’t we have Roman aqueducts that are still in use?

1 Like

Well, but the Romans built to last. In comparison Florida 70 years ago, not so much.

Mark Gosdin

1 Like

Some of the pipes they’ve pulled out are so rusted, I’m surprised they still were holding water without contaminating it…

1 Like

Scrapple. I’ve not had that in close to 16 years . I don’t eat pork or beef anymore so it’s one of those I can’t eat things . It used to be a every Sunday at the now burnt down gave up on rebuilding Kirby and Halloways thing when I was a kid . It’s like a big deal at the state fair , the indoor Amish market , and most breakfast places around

2 Likes

Uh, who says it wasn’t? I know Toho Water has had issues for years with contamination from pipes. We get a flyer every year that shows what & where they failed on the various state & federal tests.

Mark Gosdin

1 Like

Oh. That is just lovely…

Killing them slowly, right?

All this talk of rusty pipes reminds me of the old house when we lived in a town . Had to run the water for 10 minutes to get it clear . Turn on the bathtub faucet the house would shake and moan .

2 Likes

I was waiting for the case to come today before I posted my main reason for going Saturday . Really nice guy and seemed happy to see the figure .

4 Likes

Got to love downloading a 17gb update it gets done then get hit with a 51gb update .

3 Likes

What the heck were you updating?

2 Likes

A friend talked me in to getting Black ops 4 for PS4 which I am hearing basically ripped of a few other games . So I’m thinking regret is in my future . It did a 17gb update and then I come back hours later to finally play and 51gb .

3 Likes

So, basically they patched the game and then they decided “What the heck, let’s just replace the whole thing.”

Sheesh.

Mark Gosdin

4 Likes

Thinking about moving the stuff off the top of one of these areas to another location and using the space for my Shiro and the other anime figures . The cases I that some of my Gi Joe are in allow the figures to walk if they get shook so need to move them anyway . Might put some museum gel under the stands and in Scarlett’s case feet since she has no holes for a stand in hers . Plus would be a good time for some better safer o-ring changes . Maybe pack a large jar of M.U.S.C.L.E. figures I have away and use that space for what I want to keep out . The area I need to get a piece of MDF as the jar has made the top of the thing it’s on sag a little . Still need repack a few footlockers with stuff climate , humidity , and moisture change won’t damage then relocate those as well .

5 Likes

Everything is so clean! Who’s your housekeeper? Are they available to come here???

4 Likes

Yes, could use a good housekeeper. Stuff’s a dust magnet and we have plenty of dust to spare.

Mark Gosdin

3 Likes