Uber Eyes 2019 IPO

Musical.ly Gets Snapped Up

Crunch Report - Week of November 13, 2017

Apple Might Make a Bigger iPhone X

Facebook Admits Russian Meddling in Brexit

This Black Friday could be the biggest ever for mobile shopping

Facebook, Google join a coalition to get rid of fake news

Twitter tests a new tweetstorm feature

A rental pass didn’t save Blockbuster, though it was awesome. I can’t see it saving GameStop. They need to continue diversifying and expanding their other stores and lines.

Yes, I know this is two weeks after the post. I have SO MUCH studying to do. :sleepy:

After almost FOUR hours, I’ve finally done the Windows Fall Creators update. Now to see what got screwed up.

Crunch Report - Week of November 20, 2017

Apple served with a search warrant

The FCC sets vote to kill net neutrality

Uber’s data breach and Apple’s self-driving cars

Happy Thanksgiving! - No Thursday or Friday videos

He’s dead, Jim…so why do we need to go through this iPhone “can they or can’t they crack iCloud” stuff again?

Anime News Network’s Holiday 2017 Gift Guide - Tech & Gadgets

by Zac Bertschy, Nov 25th 2017

I’m not sure how everyone feels about the Net Neutrality issue and I don’t want to open a can of worms.

The FCC is pushing forward with its vote to kill Net Neutrality on December 14, 2017.

If you want to get involved and let your congressperson know how you feel, here’s a link to do just that.

Wanting the ISP’s to provide the same service to all content on the internet is an admirable & sensible goal. However, using the mechanism of the FCC & the US Government to enforce that outcome isn’t such a good idea.

In all likely hood you won’t see much of the “My Content gets Priority over Yours.” between the various providers & the conglomerates they are a part of. It’s too likely to kick-off a “speed war” and that would get real attention from the Government.

Mark Gosdin

On this, I just went to ANN and they had one of those “pop over” ads that was prophesying the end times of the internet if the FCC gets its way, and that I need to call my Congress folks to sort this out.

I don’t see why I’m supposed to call my Congress Critters over this, because I am under the impression that this FCC regulation can be implemented w/o involving Congress?

…it’s a little odd to me that ANN is so concerned over a potential ISP boogeyman when that site has been hacked/stolen and DDoS’d numerous times by proven bad actors.

I got one of those earlier today, likely @Slowhand got one as well and did her post. To be honest it would not do any good to talk with any of my Congress Critters, they will either be way opposed to the FCC’s old ruling or they will be way supportive of it. This is Florida and it isn’t purple, it is red & blue in clashing color causing migraines. :confounded:

Mark Gosdin

Crunch Report - Week of November 27, 2017

Founder David Karp Is Leaving Tumblr

Cyber Monday Results

Bitcoin Passes $10,000

Blue Apron loses its CEO

Tinder is using AI to get you hooked up

There isn’t much point in talking to my Congressmen. One is always in line with the GOP regardless of the issue, and his office will actually hang up on constituents who call to complain. He’s even made comments about ignoring anyone he feels isn’t actually from PA due to the cell phone numbers. I guess he doesn’t realize that people often move and don’t update their cell phone numbers these days.

He only very narrowly won reelection, against a completely unknown woman. You would think he would have learned from observing Rick Santorum going down in flames, but I guess not. Though he hasn’t stole tens of thousands from a local school district (that we know of.). But either way, actually ignoring your constituents is not a wise move.

My biggest worry about net neutrality is the fact that most of the country has no competition for high speed internet service. My entire county has Comcast and that’s it. If they do speed up or slow down certain sites, I’m pretty much powerless to do anything about it.

The free market only works well to regulate these sorts of things when there is actual competition. For most of their markets, the ISP’s have little or no competition. I think there needs to be some safeguards in place until that changes.