Conversion: Can I resist or is it inevitable?

Hello! Those of you who are friends of Rish11, may have heard him say that he wants to “convert” me to anime. :laugh: Just for the record, I do like anime, I’m just not immersed, engulfed or obsessed by it like some people with whom I live. :stuck_out_tongue:

Anywho, he keeps telling me that you’re a fun lot and I’m always ready for more fun in my life. So I’m here to say hi… “HI!”

Hello! :slight_smile:

Welcome to TAN! I’m sure you’ll have lots of fun here. :silly:

Hello and welcome to the terrific TAN boards!! :3 So you already like anime, hmm? I wonder what some of your favorite titles are. :slight_smile:
Well, I don’t have much else to say. I hope you have a fun time posting and being friends with everyone on here~!! ^-^

Welcome! visit and post often. Have fun,but be careful. When you least expect it…

http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/1650/1315713842117.jpg

Welcome to TAN, don’t feed the animals. :slight_smile:

Welcome to TAN forums, MrsRish! Don’t worry, we welcome all types of anime fans (whether they’re casual or hardcore) here. As long as you don’t feed the animals and avoid party vans, you should enjoy it here.

Thanks for the nice welcomes!

Outlander - I love Monty Python! And I will watch out for the Spanish Inquisition at every turn.

But I like animals! Why can’t I feed them? And a party van sounds like so much fun! :cheer:

Well, sorry for being a bit late to the party! Am I still fashionable? :huh:

Anyway, Willkommen, bienvenue, welcome! Fremde, etranger, stranger. Gluklich zu sehen, je suis enchante, Happy to see you, bleibe, reste, stay.

Welcome to TAN. I’m Newshawk, the lovable but cantankerous Otaku Grandpa of the group, a TAN Casting Sensei (along with LadyOfWicca, PretearHimeno and Mystic), the benevolent dictator of the Claim Your Bishoujo/Bishounen game, compulsive list maker and occasional curmudgeon*. I don’t think I have to tell you that you’ve made it to the best little slice of anime heaven this side of the Pacific!

[quote]*A curmudgeon’s reputation for malevolence is undeserved. They’re neither warped nor evil at heart. They don’t hate mankind, just mankind’s absurdities. They’re just as sensitive and soft-hearted as the next guy, but they hide their vulnerability beneath a crust of misanthropy. They ease the pain by turning hurt into humor. . . . . . They attack maudlinism because it devalues genuine sentiment. . . . . . Nature, having failed to equip them with a servicable denial mechanism, has endowed them with astute perception and sly wit.
Curmudgeons are mockers and debunkers whose bitterness is a symptom rather than a disease. They can’t compromise their standards and can’t manage the suspension of disbelief necessary for feigned cheerfulness. Their awareness is a curse.
Perhaps curmudgeons have gotten a bad rap in the same way that the messenger is blamed for the message: They have the temerity to comment on the human condition without apology. They not only refuse to applaud mediocrity, they howl it down with morose glee. Their versions of the truth unsettle us, and we hold it against them, even though they soften it with humor.

• JON WINOKUR[/quote]

Danke! Merci mille fois! Grazie! Gracias! And thank you. I’m happy to be here. :slight_smile:

J’aime ces paragraphes sur les grincheux! (Okay, I’ll 'fess up. I had to use Google translate to find the word “curmudgeoons.”) At any rate, those words seem very true and I like how they’re written.

MrsRish wrote:

[quote]Thanks for the nice welcomes!

But I like animals! Why can’t I feed them? And a party van sounds like so much fun! :cheer:[/quote]

http://img828.imageshack.us/img828/8497/pedobear2011.png

Darn it all, what was that picture?

I’m glad to see you made it! Why the Washu pic? Are you trying to tell me something?

Washu shouldn’t be too much of a surprise! You already know I’m a bit crazy. :stuck_out_tongue:

But really, none of the hot catgirl/moe/big-eyed/etc. characters are right. Washu is, primarily, crazy. (And smarter than me, but I can work with that!) :slight_smile:

MrsRish wrote:

Oh my, as a former teacher I shouldn’t laugh, but that’s kind of funny…

MrsRish wrote:

Your real life has nothing to do with these forums. Go ahead, laugh.

Anyway, welcome to the forums! We always love to have new peoples! :cheer:

Glad to see that you’re making yourself at home and posting away. But please venture out of these lower forums and go up into the anime forums some (unlike some others I’ll not name…).

If you have any questions, please ask and several folks will come to your rescue; but choose the answers wisely, you’ll be judged on how you react. (just kidding :blink: )

If you’d like to make a sig or get some of those groovy little icons for under your avatar, all you have to do is read the Rules, located in the blue bar near the top of the page - not only is it a good idea, we recommend it. It took Hentai a long time to write those babies up.

Feel free to jump into any conversation that interests you, all we ask is that you don’t start a new thread without checking the Search Function first to make sure a thread doesn’t already exist.

I guess that’s all for my little speech, sorry I’ve been so remiss in welcoming you, I’ve been off in my dungeons with my pretty boys… :side:

So please, come back and post often! :slight_smile:

Thank you for the nice welcome, Slowhand! I will take a look at the actual anime forums as well. Rish will often hand me the RightStuf catalogue and I only have the vaguest idea of what I’d like to watch. It’s nice to have a place to go for recommendations. IMDB doesn’t always cover what I want to know.

And I promise to look at the rules more closely. Especially as that recommendation comes from someone with a whip and a dungeon! :smiley: As for a sig, maybe I’ll make Rish work on that for me. :stuck_out_tongue:

MrsRish wrote:

Now just ask her who she has in that dungeon! You might like it. :stuck_out_tongue:

rish11 wrote:

[quote]MrsRish wrote:

Now just ask her who she has in that dungeon! You might like it. :P[/quote]

Hmmmm. If it’s not you, it’s not interesting. And if it IS you, I’m concerned about how you got out of the house and wandered off like that. Someone must make restraints that can’t be chewed through. :laugh:

[quote=MrsRish]

[quote=rish11]

[quote=MrsRish]
Especially as that recommendation comes from someone with a whip and a dungeon![/quote]

Now just ask her who she has in that dungeon! You might like it. :stuck_out_tongue: [/quote]

Hmmmm. If it’s not you, it’s not interesting. And if it IS you, I’m concerned about how you got out of the house and wandered off like that. Someone must make restraints that can’t be chewed through. :laugh:[/quote]

Oh, pish-posh, I have no mere humans in MY dungeon! And no mere restraints either, and
you’ll see why…

[details=spoiler]First, and foremost, Roy Mustang from Full Metal Alchemist

Then, in no particular order:
Eiri Yuki Uesugi from Gravitation
Sakuya Ookochi from Sensual Phrase
Soubi Agatsuma from Loveless
Spike Spiegel from Cowboy Bebop
Cesare Borgia from Cantarella
Ban Mido from GetBackers
Howl from Howl’s Moving Castle
Florian Du Rochefort from Gorgeous Carat
Ray Balzac Courland (AKA Noir) from Gorgeous Carat
Grencia Mars Elijah Guo Eckner from Cowboy Bebop
Maes Hughes from Fullmetal Alchemist
Roger Smith from Big O
Michelotto from Cantarella
Genjo Sanzo from Saiyuki
Hiro Iokawa from Living for the Day After Tomorrow
Togusa from Ghost in the Shell
Vicious from Cowboy Bebop
Hisashi Igou from High School of the Dead
Ryoji Kaji from Neon Genesis Evangelion
Riffael “Riff” Raffit from Godchild
Holland Novak from Eureka Seven
Johnny Rayflo from Vassalord
Jin from Samurai Champloo
Hyuga from Neo Angelique Abyss
Tomoya Okazaki from Clannad/Clannad After Story
Ayame Sohma from Fruits Basket
Shigure Sohma from Fruits Basket
Teru Mikami from Death Note
Abel Nightroad from Trinity Blood
Yo Hinomura from Crying Freeman
Seimei Aoyagi from Loveless
Kambei Shimada from Samurai 7
Mugen from Samurai Champloo
Yukifumi Toudou from Sensual Phrase
Hiroto Kanazawa from La Corda d’Oro: Primo Passo
Jouslain Tytania from Tytania
Eiji Kai from Kimikiss-Pure Rouge
Akira from Togainu no Chi ~Bloody Curs~
Harlock from Gun Frontier
Ichiro from Nerima Daikon Brothers
Jushiro Ukitake from Bleach
Kensei Muguruma from Bleach
Claude “K” Winchester from Gravitation
Sebastian Michaels from Black Butler
Ryuu Sasakura from Bartender
Miroku from InuYasha
Train Heartnet from Black Cat
Jiro Mochizuki from Black Blood Brothers
Raigyo Tsunomata from Xam’d: Lost Memories
Robès Redondo from Kiba
Akisame Koetsuji from Kenichi the Mightiest Disciple/Shijo Saikyo no Deshi Kenichi
Conductor #12 from Miracle Train
Eiji Sagimiya from E’s Otherwise
Kakashi Hatake from Naruto Shippuden
Kouki Maeno from RIN: Daughters of Mnemosyne
Keith from Voltron Force[/details]