Coyote Ragtime Show

This was a pretty good series. Not a home run but still solid. One thing I espically loved when I picked up singles from right stuff last year was the dvd covers. Those foil type design I never really seen on anime dvd.

[quote=TheCoffeeGod]

[quote=dragoon]
What issues did you have with the soundtrack?[/quote]

Even as broad as my musical likes are, anything remotely related to Jazz, I just can’t seem to stand.
Though the rest of it was pretty good, especially the main action theme with keys and guitar.[/quote]

Hah. That’s what I thought you’d say! :slight_smile: But my memory was foggy since it’s been a while since I saw it, was not sure if this soundtrack was the one that I recall being jazzy.

I watched this through when it was on VOD and loved it -

Just finished watching this for the 3rd time. This show was just fun. It packs more into 12 eps than most, had respectable male characters (and a complete lack of pansies; there is no “Rock” in this Black Lagoon), featured no high schoolers, featured a non-moeblob loli and had an exceptional dub.

This might just be John Swasey’s Magnum Opus. Everyone in it gave one of the best dub performances in their career, especially Andrew Love and Karbowski.

C’mon Sentai, you gotta stop living in ADV’s shadow :wink:

I just noticed which forum this show was in. Tragic. I guess I knew, I just didn’t want to believe: the DVD set that I have of this, which predates my membership @ TAN by a long time, is a SAVEr :frowning:

This might have been the second-best of the Sojitz 29 :frowning:

[quote=“celestial_being” post=162941]I just noticed which forum this show was in. Tragic. I guess I knew, I just didn’t want to believe: the DVD set that I have of this, which predates my membership @ TAN by a long time, is a SAVEr :frowning:

This might have been the second-best of the Sojitz 29 :([/quote]

Agreed, Celestial Being. I was fortunate not only to be able to pick up the ADV version, but to get the collector’s version with the tin box (safely stored for its protection!)

Crunchyroll Adds “Coyote Ragtime Show” to Anime Catalog

October 26, 2017 10:05pm CDT
Show premieres tonight