Discotek Media News

If anyone knows the truth, it’s Rusty Shackleford :laughing:

Comic Party and Hi-sCoool! Seha Girls are what I’m interested in.

Also might consider:
Yoroiden Samurai Troopers

I’m gonna have to keep a good eye on Discotek now. They’re emerging as a real player here.

You know, I was thinking about that, and really, Funimation only has themselves to blame. First they didn’t license S1 at all. (and you know they probably had the opportunity to do so) They saw the huge response Fandom had for it, and decided to license S2 and get Home Video rights.

They next go all out with their Dub announcement for S2, and then publicly announce that they approached CR about dubbing S1. (That was a mistake, if they had approached CR, without announcing anything 1st, they might have gotten away with it, but they did the PSA with the intent of making CR look bad to the dub community if they didn’t comply, (Basically playing a bit of hard ball being the big kid on the bloick)

CR doesn’t play ball, so Funimation almost immediately retaliates with the Winter 2015 licensing announcements, scoring 90% of the Must See titles. They also put in new tiers to their sub service to try and get more CR customers to subscribe to their service.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2015/02/24-1/samurai-swimming-and-a-gentleman-thief-discoteks-upcoming-april-releases
February 24, 2015 9:10am CST

1 Like

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2015/03/19-1/robots-vampires-and-succubi-discoteks-upcoming-june-releases
A veritable avalanche of titles hits North American home video on June 23, 2015
March 19, 2015 11:05am CDT

If Vampire Hunter D’s bluray box art doesn’t look like something that someone printed out on a 90s inkjet printer (ie:like most Discotek releases and Funimation’s LE of We Without Wings) then I might pick it up, just to see what all the fuss about the guy who looks like a clean-shaven Guy Fawkes has been about.

Nothing in June for me.

Strike the Blood for me. No Yukina , This is my fight! :grinning:

Samurai Pizza Cats on BD in SD

Samurai Pizza Cats the complete series on SD-BD. This will be all 52 dubbed episodes on 1 BD disc in standard definition. Release date TBD

[size=16]Discotek Offers Samurai Pizza Cats on SD Blu-ray[/size]
posted on 2015-04-07 22:45 EDT

A SD bluray? Why?

The only advantage that I can see is that it packs all the episodes onto 1 disc, albeit without a dub, but is that really worth the hassle of bluray? I wonder if the episodes will be interlaced…

I hope more companies take up this idea. More episodes, less space.

BD is such a pain to use though. Only the HD makes it worthwhile…

Yeah. Personally I can’t stand clutter.

Next batch of release dates have been selected

June 30th 2015
Chi’s New Address

July 10th 2015:
Monster Farm complete series Japanese with English subs
Galilei Donna complete series
Recently, My Sister is Unusual complete series

[size=16]ANN Link: Crunchyroll Adds DNA2 Anime to Catalog[/size]
posted on 2015-05-30 06:30 EDT

Discotek Previews “Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust” Release

May 31, 2015 7:28pm PDT

How are they remastering it to 16:9? I hope they aren’t doing it by either of the Funimation methods (cropping or “letter-and-pillarboxing” the video).

New commentaries are fun. Probably won’t bite for DVD tho.

Re: Vampire Hunter D Bloodlust

The Blu Ray and DVD are English language only. The licensor will not allow the Japanese language to be released anywhere but Japan. We were told it was due to the Japanese version being a dub and the way the dub was produced. We would include it if allowed but cannot.

The Fandom Post

[size=16]ANN Link: Discotek’s Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust Release Will Not Have Japanese Dub[/size]
posted on 2015-06-02 02:30 EDT

Re: Vampire Hunter D Bloodlust

Discotek Media’s FB

-DO AS INFINITY’S song is not on the end credits. It’s also not used on the english track on the Japanese DVD, either, IIRC. Only on the Japanese track. It’s featured in the trailers, though.
-No Japanese subtitles. We did include English Subtitles for the Hearing Impaired so that deaf people can still enjoy the disc.

http://www.fandompost.com/oldforums/showthread.php?40333-Discotek-Media-licenses-Vampire-Hunter-D-Bloodlust&p=311487#post311487

Discotek had a bit of a clash with one of their Japanese licensors, and announced this week that their planned DVD and Blu-ray re-release of the Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust film will only contain English dubbed audio, and will not contain the original Japanese language track. They said they were informed that they are required not to include the Japanese dub by the film’s Japanese licensor, and that the licensor “will not allow the Japanese language track to be released anywhere but Japan.” Discotek plans to release the film in September and we’ll have it up for pre-order as soon as they send us the final release details. Someone not related to Discotek, but who is in the know, posted:

“It’s not Madhouse. It’s an expat from Madhouse who held a major stake in Urban Vision, and likes being a total dick. He also waited two years until the Azumi movies had been pirated to release them here domestically.”