From Wiscaaaaaaaansin

Hello friends!
I’m a Children’s Pastor and Comedian/Family Entertainer from Stevens Point, Wisconsin. I do religious and non-religious gigs so I’ve been around. I just signed up to be a part of this fiiiine site. I’ve been a fan of anime before Pokemon, Digimon, Adult Swim, and Cartoon Network made it cool. I’m always up for new friends and different animes to watch, so I’m up for suggestions. You’ll kinda see the pattern for stuff I like on my profile page, but be warned. I make fun of Bleach and anything else viewable on Cartoon Network as if it’s the official source to Anime.
I mean, not to be hard on it, I know Bleach is a well thought out story line, I’m just sick of seeing all the cosplays and thread RPG’s based off of it and teenage boys crying because they can’t rp the part of Ichigo since they didn’t start the thread.
Anyway, enough griping.
Always willing to be friends if you’ll have me!

-Eric Riskus

BTW, here is a fun image I had drawn for me at the last anime convention I visited. The Orange monster is “Buddy McMonster” and the little red dude is “Squeeks.” I brought in my puppets so that I can get an artist sketch to use for my entertainment company and everyone walking by was like, "Oh my God, did he bring puppets? and I’m like, “Really? We’re at an anime convention and this is the headlining event? I’ll take it.” http://www.theanimenetwork.com/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/Bowser_720x480_035.jpg

Welcome to TAN. :slight_smile:

Last Exile is well worth watching to the end. I hope you have better luck getting there.

Hello and welcome! So, are you a “cheesehead”? Just kidding, I’m a “ya” from Minnesooooota.

Hehe, welcome to the thread, your orange puppet reminds me of one that my Grandparents always have in their closet from when my Grandmother worked in a school.

Well, I was born a “Yooper” and raised a "Cheesehead."
Mmmm…Beer, Brats, and Cheese!
However, I’m not a Packer Fan. Sorta, but I’m more of a baseball fan and it’s the Twins for me.
I went to college in Minneapolis. North Central University!

Welcome to you! I too hope you get to finish Last Exile someday. Just lock yourself in a room and ignore everything else until you finish it! It will be worth it. You have a nice list of anime and I forgive you for bashing the CN shows, since you also like some of my favorites. :lol: Hope you stick around and enjoy our crazy world. That’s a nice piece of art work too.

Hello, nice to have you here.

Thanks guys for the warm welcomes.
My wife and I actually made a date night this week on Friday to sit and watch the rest of Last Exile. Let’s hope this works!

Welcome, ericriskus!

Nice to see another Midwesterner amongst us! Not too many around here, but there are a few. I see you’ve posted about here and there, and that’s a good thing!

Please feel free to browse around the forums some more and jump into any convo that interests you. Also, if you have an interesting topic that you have a burning need to share with us, please go ahead and start it! All we ask is that you use the Search Function first to make sure it hasn’t already been done (especially in the Anime section).

Please read through the Rules located in the grey tab at the top of the page (boring, I know), but there’s a reason for it AND it also tells you how to put in a sig and also how to get those cool little icons that are underneath the avatars. (Extra incentive!) :slight_smile:

We also have an Online Player. Several shows are completely free to watch, just click on the “Watch Anime Now”. As for the others, you’ll need a Premium Membership, but the first couple episodes are free as teasers.

If you have any questions, please ask! A lot of people will come to your aid, because we are so gosh-darn friendly! But beware! Only the moderators have the true answers. :laugh:

I hope you have a good time around here, because that’s what we’re all about. So come back and post often! :lol:

Welcome aboard! It’s always nice to have fresh blood around here… for many reasons… I hope you enjoy your time here. If you have any questions, let us know (and we will get Slowhand to answer them). :slight_smile:

Slowhand wrote:

[quote]Welcome, ericriskus!

Nice to see another Midwesterner amongst us! Not too many around here, but there are a few. I see you’ve posted about here and there, and that’s a good thing!

Please feel free to browse around the forums some more and jump into any convo that interests you. Also, if you have an interesting topic that you have a burning need to share with us, please go ahead and start it! All we ask is that you use the Search Function first to make sure it hasn’t already been done (especially in the Anime section).

Please read through the Rules located in the grey tab at the top of the page (boring, I know), but there’s a reason for it AND it also tells you how to put in a sig and also how to get those cool little icons that are underneath the avatars. (Extra incentive!) :slight_smile:

We also have an Online Player. Several shows are completely free to watch, just click on the “Watch Anime Now”. As for the others, you’ll need a Premium Membership, but the first couple episodes are free as teasers.

If you have any questions, please ask! A lot of people will come to your aid, because we are so gosh-darn friendly! But beware! Only the moderators have the true answers. :laugh:

I hope you have a good time around here, because that’s what we’re all about. So come back and post often! :lol:[/quote]

Oh don’t you worry. I am premium! It’s a lot cheaper than going through Charter.
Not a lot of Midwesterners eh? I know. we’re a dying breed. It’s probably all that beer, brats and cheese clogging up our arteries.
Thanks for the welcome Mr. Slowhand.

Hi new guy! :slight_smile:

Are you a Pointer? I’ve got some friends who go to UWSP. Don’t think I’ve been there myself, though. I go to Platteville.

ericriskus wrote:

[quote]Oh don’t you worry. I am premium! It’s a lot cheaper than going through Charter.
Not a lot of Midwesterners eh? I know. we’re a dying breed. It’s probably all that beer, brats and cheese clogging up our arteries.
Thanks for the welcome Mr. Slowhand.[/quote]

Nice try… but I’m female… :stuck_out_tongue:

Slowhand wrote:

[quote]ericriskus wrote:

[quote]Oh don’t you worry. I am premium! It’s a lot cheaper than going through Charter.

Nice try… but I’m female… :P[/quote]

Rule #1 for identifying Slowhand: Forget the avatar-it’s her tribute to Clapton-however, ignore the signature pic at your peril.

Well, perhaps I shouldn’t say “Forget”… Who’d want to forget Clapton? I only meant it in the context of identifying Slowhand’s gender.

Slowhand wrote:

[quote]ericriskus wrote:

Nice try… but I’m female… :P[/quote]

WHOOPS!! I thought I put a “s” in there.
I read your post over and over again to figure out what in the world you were talking about…after reading mine three times over, I realized, “oh.”

I am sorry!

By watching Anime, I have taught myself Japanese,

That either means “Welcome to the Forum”

or

“I have an embarrassing rash”

Not even the right language, outlander. :slight_smile:

It might have been cheap bootleg anime from China…

outlander wrote:

[quote]By watching Anime, I have taught myself Japanese,

That either means “Welcome to the Forum”

or

“I have an embarrassing rash”[/quote]

Well, not to burst your bubble or anything, but I doubt “Ni Hao Kai-lan” is an anime.