Funimation News

New episodes showed up in the Premium section today.

My Bride is a Mermaid 1-6
Oh! Edo Rocket 11
Phantom Requiem 6-11
Sacred Blacksmith 6-11

Iā€™m pretty sure they have this info over at their website. Just a thought.
Slick

[quote=slickwolfie]
Slick[/quote]

Actually, itā€™s so new, they donā€™t have it on the Charter sites.
Hell, none of the CSRs or Techs Iā€™ve talked to recently (and Iā€™ve talked to a lot over the past few days) even knew about it.

[quote=slickwolfie]
Slick[/quote]

The Charter site only has the listing for the Free Previews. The Funimation Channel site has no info on Charter yet.

[quote=TheCoffeeGod]
Hell, none of the CSRs or Techs Iā€™ve talked to recently (and Iā€™ve talked to a lot over the past few days) even knew about it.[/quote]

Still not working for you?

[quote=TheCoffeeGod]

[quote=slickwolfie]
Slick[/quote]

Hell, none of the CSRs or Techs Iā€™ve talked to recently (and Iā€™ve talked to a lot over the past few days) even knew about it.[/quote]

From what I read recently there may be some legal stuff that has to happen before it can be officially announced. Also this should start to slowly happen to more cable companies over this and next year. Hopefully your guys service is better then what Comcast has been offering cause the video quality ranges from iffy at times good to just plain youtube bad. Itā€™s from what Iā€™ve been told by Comcast a encoding issue. It looks worse when itā€™s from Funimations older not knowing what they were doing DVD encodes. The newer ones have improved though. They at least look like they are the encodes from the streaming websites. Course of rumor holds true the 24/7 channel is going to hit Comcast sooner or later.

So far have had no video problems.

Anyways, with all the problems Iā€™ve been having lately, and the fact that it still wouldnā€™t activate (apparently, itā€™s not yet availible in this area), I decided to cancel it and wait a couple of weeks before ording it, like I did with TAN.

I did watch the first ep. of Sacred Blacksmith on the free previews though, and didnā€™t really see any encoding issues and the video quality seemed right in line with TAN. Though, Iā€™m still using an older 25" tube TV, so Iā€™m not sure what it would look like on the newer bigger widescreens and canā€™t really compair.

We have removed Funimation On Demand from our account. I really did not like the pricing plan. The idea that you pay $6.99 for one group and then have to pay by episode or movie for another group did not sit well with me, even worse they split series between the two groups. The way TAN does it is much better. Also with Netflex streaming through the Wii was not much point as they have a good chunk of the Funimation library anyway.

Yeah.
I decided with everything thing else I have to watch, including my DVD backlog, I would just skip the FUNi SVOD.
Not to mention, thereā€™s very few FUNi shows that I actually have an interest in, that I havenā€™t either seen already, own, or am planning to own.
So it makes little sense for me to pick it up.

And with what you just mentioned, I have even less incentive to pick it up.

[quote=TheCoffeeGod]
Yeah.
I decided with everything thing else I have to watch, including my DVD backlog, I would just skip the FUNi SVOD.
Not to mention, thereā€™s very few FUNi shows that I actually have an interest in, that I havenā€™t either seen already, own, or am planning to own.
So it makes little sense for me to pick it up.

And with what you just mentioned, I have even less incentive to pick it up.[/quote]

Yeah, I have the same issues. Most of the shows they have I either have no interest in, or have already bought. I generally donā€™t watch something on VOD when I have the DVDs.

I knew they had many episodes they charged for each, but I had no idea they were split between subscription and pay per view for the same show. Thatā€™s a very questionable decision there.

Yup, they were splitting them and when I complained about it by email they claimed that way way was convenient to customers(WTF?).

This was how Sgt. Frog was listed.

Free Zone
1-4

$0.99 An episode section.
5-7

$6.99 Block
8+

I had the same initial problem with the rest of you guys with the FUNimation pricing plan. I complained to my local Charter office and they knocked off the extra charges for the episodes of shows listed in Eventa and Specials during my first month, but didnā€™t do so for the second month and I promptly dropped FUNimation immediately afterward (but I made sure to complain about it twice on the FUNImation Channel blog and Facebook page before I left).

But now it seems that theyā€™re correcting this in some areas. Theyā€™re now putting entire shows and stuff from Events and Specials in the regular subscription in my Charter area, (as they should have done in the first place) so I signed back up a couple of weeks ago.

[size=20]News: Navarre Sells Funimation to Group with Gen Fukunaga[/size]
posted on 2011-04-04 18:24 EDT
Sold to group that includes North American anime distributorā€™s CEO for US$24 million

http://ir.navarre.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=105157&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=1546557&highlight=
[size=20]PR: Navarre Corporation Announces Sale of FUNimation Entertainment[/size]
Apr 4, 2011
Company Advances on Strategic Initiatives and Affirms Debt-Free Status at March 31, 2011

So, it looks like Navarre finaly settled on a buyer, after almost a year of having it up for possible sale.
I guess the good thing in this is that things will probably not change from how they have been running it while under Navarre, and if they do, it probably wonā€™t be an extreme drastic change.

Its sort of shocking that R1ā€™s largest anime distributor got bought up for only $24 million. Thatā€™s only a bit more than what 20% of ADV sold for back in 06. My how the market has changed.

Wow, from being worth $100 million back in 2005 to just $24 mil. today?
Thatā€™s justā€¦shocking, to say the least.

Well, as long as they release the occasional shows that pique my interests, then itā€™s all good.

But stillā€¦only $24 mil.?

Shockingā€¦ :huh:

Former Funimation Parent Navarre Posts 4th Quarter Results

posted on 2011-06-07 19:30 EDT
Last report to include Funimation reports net loss of $536K for Funimation

Hmmmm sounds like Anime was just a large blackhole they were throwing their money into. Makes you kind of wonder how anyone is still standing at this point.

Perhaps Funi will have to adopt Sentaiā€™s strategy and wonā€™t be able to do so many dubs now. I wonder what that will do to the Funi diehardsā€¦

[quote=Newshawk]
Perhaps Funi will have to adopt Sentaiā€™s strategy and wonā€™t be able to do so many dubs now. I wonder what that will do to the Funi diehardsā€¦[/quote]

Funimation is like the only company that has not adopted the sub only for lesser sales expectation series. Course Funimation is also the company picking up more of the more higher sales expectation series. Then they are also kind of like the Nintendo of the Anime world. Using as many gimmicks as possible to try and keep sales going. It works for what itā€™s aimed at ,but eventually even those people grow tired of it.

Some of the anime fans kind of keep complaining about them getting peanut butter in their chocolate. Peanut butter = DVD and Chocolate = Blu-ray. In other words people are complaining about combo packs. :huh: That unfortunately is the way the teddy bear panties fall. Not everyone can have them and some just donā€™t want them without the girl inside.