Funimation News

###Shelf Life: Sekirei
by Paul Jensen, Jul 18th 2016

1 Like

Upon seeing that tweet, I’m suddenly reminded of what was said last episode. Completely slipped my mind.

https://twitter.com/FUNimation/status/756304965489025024

###Funimation Reveals Ergo Proxy Blu-ray Disc Release
posted on 2016-07-21 23:30 EDT

Ergo Proxy on BluRay? That’s finally a Funi rescue that I can throw money at :wink:

Hopefully they’ll at least put in the original Geneon credit rolls, even if they don’t land Paranoid Android, as their Japanese text crawl on the DVDs wasn’t as good. If they want to bundle a translated copy of the manga with it, hey, I wouldn’t be opposed to it. :smiley:

July 2016 Anime Month on Microsoft Movies: Ep 4- “Welcome to San Diego Comic Con!”

Ergo Proxy on BD?
meh…:unamused:

I’m fine with the original Geneon release. I’ll rather use that money and get something new, something that’s not on the shelf.

Having seen the bluray video it’s a marked upgrade. Always irked me that a made-in-HD show has yet to be released in HD stateside.

I’ve been saving tons of anime money it seems like as there’s been a whole lotta nothin’ recently that’s called out to me. Nadesico and Ergo Proxy blurays are two of the few things in the pipe that are willing to get my wallet “off the bench” lol.

###Dubbletalk - Episode 70 "High Noon"
7/27/2016

July 2016 Anime Month on Microsoft Movies: Ep 5- “July Anime Month Wrap Up”

###Funimation Streaming Schedule
August 1, 2016

IMO all of these “semicolon shows” are all about the dub (the actual substance of the shows is very o_0) and the Chaos;head dub was a standout.

Chaos;head had some out-of-the-ordinary (at least back then) direction so a commentary could’ve been fun. Oh well, at least they put extras on Robotics;notes.

Will it ever be on bright house? I really need this because an on demand and adult swim on demand are the only ways of watching anime on tv besides if I go on my wii u and look up DELETED which I like watching it through stuff like crunchy roll, funimation and on demand because it helps out the industry. Thank you!

MOD EDIT: Deleted illegal site.

Will what ever be on Brighthouse? Please be more specific.

###Dubbletalk - Episode 71 "Dog Gray-man"
8/3/2016

###Review: A Good Librarian Like a Good Shepherd (Sub.Blu-Ray+DVD - The Complete Series)
Aug 3rd 2016 / by Rebecca Silverman / ANN

The Rolling Girls - The Complete Series - Available Now on DVD

###Shelf Life: Karneval
by Paul Jensen, Gabriella Ekens, Aug 8th 2016

ANN really rags on the dub while I thought the dub was a standout from that year and was the only reason to watch it. Not that I expected anything different going into the review :slight_smile:

###Review: Yurikuma Arashi (BD+DVD - The Complete Series)
Aug 11th 2016 / by Jacob Hope Chapman / ANN