by Anne Lauenroth, Mar 8th 2017

###Funimation Sponsors eSports Organization Panda Global
March 10, 2017 2:16pm CST
CFO says “If I were to rate this sponsorship, it would be over 9000”

Katsucon 2017 Cosplay - MineralBlu x Funimation

Dubbletalk Episode 101 - “Naked Chicken Gun”

Dubbletalk Episode 101 - Question of the Week

Question of the week:
What female characters have impacted your life the most as an anime fan, and why?

###Funimation June 2017 Solicitations
February 15, 2017
(Funimation Links)

June 6, 2017

Akira

Akira Movie - Collector’s Case - Blu-ray/DVD Combo
Languages: English, Japanese
Special Features: Akira Sound Clip (1988) / Director Interview / Storyboard Collection / The Writing on the Wall / Original Trailers / Original Commercials / Restoring Akira / Glossary / U.S. Trailer (2013) / Trailers

Fairy Tail

Fairy Tail Collection Eight - Blu-ray/DVD Combo
Special Features: Guild Pride: Sabertooth / Episode 167 Video Commentary / Episode 169 Commentary / Episode 172 Commentary / Episode 177 Commentary / Episode 184 Commentary / Textless Opening and Closing Songs / U.S. Trailer / Trailers

June 13, 2017

Dark Matter Live-Action

Dark Matter Season Two - Blu-ray
Languages: English
Special Features: Bloopers / Backstage: Episode 1: Prison Set Tour / Backstage: Episode 2: Four’s Prison Brawl / Backstage: Episode 3: Dwarf Star Tower VFX / Backstage: Episode 4: Guns! Guns! Guns! / Backstage: Episode 5: The Android’s Evolution / Backstage: Episode 6: Intro to Nyx / Backstage: Episode 7: Costume Department /Backstage: Episode 8: Alternate Reality / Backstage: Episode 9: Dwarf Star Tech / Backstage: Episode 10: Who’s In Charge / Backstage: Episode 11: Season 2 Sets/The Market / Backstage: Episode 12: How Has Four Changed / Backstage: Episode 13: Putting the ‘Dark’ in ‘Dark Matter’

Dark Matter Season Two - DVD
Languages: English

Outlaw Star

Outlaw Star The Complete Series - BD/DVD Combo
Special Features: Pilot Video / Trailer / Commercial Collection / Textless Opening & Closing Songs / Trailers

Outlaw Star The Complete Series - BD/DVD Combo - Collector’s Edition
Special Features: Pilot Video / Trailer / Commercial Collection / Textless Opening & Closing Songs / Trailers

Pandora in the Crimson Shell

Pandora in the Crimson Shell Ghost Urn The Complete Series - BD/DVD Combo
Special Features: Textless Opening & Closing Songs / Trailers

June 20, 2017

Dragon Ball Z Kai

Dragon Ball Z Kai The Final Chapters - Part Three - Blu-ray
English: English, Japanese
Special Features: Episode 01 Commentary / Episode 02 Video Commentary / Episode 9.5 / Promo Videos / Commercial / Textless Opening & Closing Songs / Trailers

Dragon Ball Z Kai The Final Chapters - Part Three - DVD

One Piece

One Piece Season Nine, Voyage One - DVD
Special Features: One Piece Cast Goes to Matsuricon 2016: Live Dub / Episode 519 Commentary / Episode 526 Commentary / Textless Opening Songs / Trailers

Ping Pong

Ping Pong The Complete Series - BD/DVD Combo - S.A.V.E.
Languages: English, Japanese, Spanish
Special Features: Episode 1 Commentary / Episode 11 Commentary / Japanese Box Set Commercials / TV Spots / Original Trailer / Next Episode Previews / Promotional Video / Textless Opening & Closing Songs / U.S. Trailer / Trailers

Seven Deadly Sins

Seven Deadly Sins Season One - Part Two - BD/DVD Combo
Special Features: Textless Opening & Closing Songs / Next Episode Previews / Trailers

Seven Deadly Sins Season One - Part Two - DVD

June 27, 2017

Assassination Classroom

Assassination Classroom Season Two Part Two - BD/DVD Combo
Special Features: Top Ten Moments: Assassination Classroom Season 2 / Episode 15 Commentary / Episode 23 Commentary / Textless Opening & Closing Songs / Previews / Trailers

Code Geass

Code Geass OVA Series - BD/DVD Combo
Special Features: Episode 01 Commentary / Episode 03 Video Commentary / Trailers

KanColle

KanColle – Kantai Collection The Complete Series - BD/DVD Combo
Special Features: Promo Videos / Commercial Collection / Japanese Warnings / Textless Opening & Closing Songs / Trailers

Origin

Origin: Spirits of the Past Movie - BD/DVD Combo
Special Features: The Making of Origin / Screening Event Special Preview / Theater Previews / TV Spots / Textless Opening & Closing Songs / Coming Attractions

Samurai Warriors

Samurai Warriors The Complete Series - DVD
Special Features: Samurai Warriors: Legend of the Sanada / Textless Opening & Closing Songs / Trailers

Maybe on Outlaw Star.

Outlaw Star for me and I’m done with Funi’s Bandai Rescues

So the Collector’s Edition is just a Special Box, so they can add $25, yeah sorry, just no.

Edit: at least the Akira Special Edition is a Steelbook

Edit 2: Holy Crap, I wish they’d put out Their shows as fast as they put out both parts of The Seven Deadly Sins

KanColle and maybe Origin, I got the earlier Origin from the MovieStop during their liquidation sale.

We had bought basically everything Bandai right before they closed shop, so I’ve not been tempted much by any of Funimation’s rescue releases.

Mark Gosdin

By the Way, This should mean the next title in the CR Funimation deal should be The Testament of Sister New Devil (Came out in the same season as KanColle)

Outlaw Star for me, definitely. I want as much of the cel-animation on bluray as I can get, but I’m not going to preorder after Funi burned me with Serial Experiments Lain 's low video quality and self-destructing box + book :angry:

I’m with you in spirit on that, but that box art on the non-CE release is a little off IMO. $25 premium to get art that looks like the Bandai DVD set? I shouldn’t even have to consider that.

I don’t know about Origin. I have it on DVD but I’ve yet to see it.

KanColle could be a “maybe”. I might just live vicariously through my pals who are going to buy it, my fandom for the show wasn’t exactly overpowering.

Dubbletalk Episode 102 - “Bear Detective”

Dubbletalk Episode 102 - Question of the Week

Question of the Week:
“What show from next season would you like to see on Dubbletalk, and why?”

Wolf Children: Hosoda Collection– Available Now

Ben-To – Available Now on S.A.V.E.

Speed Racer – Coming Soon to Blu-ray & DVD

1 Like

Puts me back in the 8th & 9th grades. Like always, you forget just how dorky sounding it all was. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Mark Gosdin

1 Like

Dubbletalk Episode 103 - “Tiddy Noose”

Dubbletalk Episode 103 - Question of the Week

Question of the Week:
“What English voice actor would you like to see cosplay as one of their characters, tell us the actor and the character?”

This is so easy…

Travis Willingham as Roy Mustang! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Wouldn’t mind seeing either Jad Saxton as Ludmillia Lourie or Caitlin Glass as Eleonora Vitaria from Lord Marksman and Vanadis

1 Like

###FunimationNow App Launches in Australia, New Zealand
posted on 2017-03-31 02:00 EDT

Dubbletalk Episode 104 - “Steam Buscemi”

Dubbletalk Episode 104 - Question of the Week

Question of the Week:
“What’s your must-see anime con event, or best tip for attending?”