Funimation News

One of these days I’ll get around to picking up The Rolling Girls. I still hold it as one of Funi’s best broadcast dubs.

Some of these shows I don’t even remember TBH, so this’ll be a meh month for me.

On DxD, I dunno. I liked seasons 1-2 and own 'em, but it kinda seemed like creatively they’d painted themselves into a corner at the end of Season 2, though I don’t know where they went from there b/c Josh Grelle, much as I like other work of his, just isn’t Issei to my ears.

1 Like

These are pre-order now for sures .

Absolute Duo Essentials Blu-ray

The Ancient Magus’ Bride Part 2 Blu-ray/DVD

The Rolling Girls Essentials Blu-ray

Will get ,but probably save for free shipping filler .

Mikagura School Suite Essentials Blu-ray

Maria the Virgin Witch Essentials Blu-ray

Maybe:

Golden Kamuy Season 1 Limited Edition Blu-ray/DVD

2 Likes

Golden Kamuy link updated - has a “GWP” at the end now. I can only guess that it means “Gift with Purchase” or something similar.

1 Like

Gift with Purchase: (Limited availability, while supplies last.)

• Funimation exclusive is Asirpa gold coin
  • Right Stuf exclusive is a Sugimoto gold coin
2 Likes

Do we get to be immortal if we have the coin? :smiley:

2 Likes

Wonder if I need to call and have them fix the sku in the order . I found a 5% off code I had that was still good so threw in the original listing with my other stuff which now goes no where . They used to be pretty good at fixing stuff without asking .

1 Like

Variety: Funimation Founder Gen Fukunaga Steps Down as GM

posted on 2019-02-01 13:54 EST by Karen Ressler
Fukunaga moves into chairman role, company begins search for new GM

1 Like

See this is similar to what happened when EA bought out Bioware. The 2 Doctors who founded Bioware were given new positions in EA but both were gone after a year. This is too similar to not be slightly concerned about this. It all boils down who they get.

Edit: Checked the Wiki and both were gone after 5 years

Timeline: According to Wikipedia

On 11 October 2007, however, it was announced that this new partnership (organized as VG Holding Corp) had been bought by [Electronic Arts] BioWare therefore became a unit of EA, but retained its own branding.
On 18 September 2012, the next day after the official announcement of the third Dragon Age title,[19] both [Ray Muzyka] and [Greg Zeschuk], two of the remaining co-founders of BioWare, simultaneously announced they would be retiring from the gaming industry

2 Likes

Your Bioware comparison definitely has me concerned.

I’m still surprised that Funi sold out to Sony after buying itself back from Navarre because they’d found that not being their own master didn’t work out.

1 Like

A Fandom Post user has listed several Funimation titles with reduced MSRP, mostly older BD/DVD combo packs.

1 Like

And I don’t go back to work for another week, so I really can’t scrounge up any excess funds :frowning:

Except for Outlaw Star, nothing really leaps out at me on that list.

Which I’ll take as a good thing, as I’m super salty at Funi right now.

2 Likes

On Amazon at least a lot these come down to do I want DVD or digital . Banner or no banner . I have most I want or the essential/classic set on pre-order already . I’ve been thinking about getting Rosario + Vampire as I have the original DVD only release ,but since I do getting the essentials set would be a better way plus it’s a few cents cheaper . Looks like Amazon is also price matching some of the deals from Best Buy to so even a little cheaper .

1 Like

Why would you want DVD though?

1 Like

Funimation Will Not Engage Vic Mignogna on Future Productions

posted on 2019-02-11 17:52 EST by Karen Ressler
Company issues statement on allegations against voice actor

5 Likes

I think some still ,buy them . I know I heard someone flipping out one day at Target about having to buy a Blu-ray and digital to get a DVD . Frankly at this point with just one replication place left open I’m surprised they have not fully cut them out to save time if nothing else .

1 Like

So what will Vic’s alias be?

2 Likes

I have some ideas, but none of them are appropriate.

3 Likes

Funimation May 2019 Solicitations

February 15, 2019
(Funimation Links)

April 16, 2019

Dragon Ball Super: Broly

Dragon Ball Super: Broly - The Movie - DVD
Languages: English, Japanese with English Subtitles
Special Features: High School DxD: Boobies & Heroes / Episode 5 Commentary / Episode 11 Commentary / Web Previews / Textless Songs / Trailers

Dragon Ball Super: Broly - The Movie - BD/DVD Combo + Fun Digital
Preorder and receive a free Goku desktop standee!

May 7, 2019

Kakuriyo - Bed & Breakfast for Spirits

Kakuriyo - Bed & Breakfast for Spirits Season One - Part One - BD
Special Features: Textless Songs

My Hero Academia

My Hero Academia Season Three Part One - DVD
Special Features: Trailers

My Hero Academia Season Three Part One - BD/DVD
Special Features: My Hero Academia at Anime Expo 2018: Interview with Yuki Hayashi / My Hero Academia at Anime Expo 2018: Interview with Daiki Yamashita / Inside the Episode / Outtakes Reel / Promo Videos / Commercial Collection / Textless Songs / Trailers

My Hero Academia Season Three Part One - BD/DVD Combo - LE
Special Features: Collector’s rigid box with space to house Season Three Part Two / Season Three Part One on Blu-ray, DVD & Digital / 60-page art book filled with character art and illustrations / Acrylic standees / Chibi Bakugo keychain / 10 holographic trading card / Interview with Daiki Yamashita (voice of Deku) and Yuki Hayashi (composer) / Inside the Episodes videos / Dub Outtakes and more! / My Hero Academia at Anime Expo 2018: Interview with Yuki Hayashi / My Hero Academia at Anime Expo 2018: Interview with Daiki Yamashita / Inside the Episode / Outtakes Reel / Promo Videos / Commercial Collection / Textless Songs / Trailers

Kamisama Kiss

Kamisama Kiss Season Two - Essentials - BD
Special Features: Episode 4 Commentary / Episode 12 Commentary / Textless Songs / U.S. Trailer / Trailers

Jormungand

Jormungand The Complete Series (Season One and Two) - Essentials - BD
Special Features: Casting Koko’s Crew with American Director Christopher Bevins / Team Koko- A Look Inside with the American Director and Cast / Episode 01 Commentary / Episode 12 Commentary / Episode 15 Commentary / Episode 24 Commentary / Textless Songs / U.S. Trailers / Trailers

May 14, 2019

Lucky Star

Lucky Star Complete Series and OVA - Essentials - BD
Special Features: OVA - “JK” / Lucky Racer: Checker Flag in Akihabara & Lucky Racer Highlight / Radio Kansai’s Public Recording of “New Lucky Channel” / On-Screen Text Reference Guide / U.S. Trailer / Trailers

Guilty Crown

Guilty Crown The Complete Series - Essentials - BD

Special Features: Episode 2 Commentary / Episode 4 Commentary / Episode 15 Commentary / Episode 19 Commentary / Guilty Crown 4-Panel Theater / Into the Void: The Creative Vision / reassortment (guilty crown trajectory) / Episode Previews / Textless Songs / Promotional Videos / TV Spots / U.S. Trailer / Trailers

May 21, 2019

Gonna be the Twin-Tail!!

Gonna be the Twin-Tail!! Complete Series - Essentials - BD
Special Features: Episode 1 Commentary / Episode 11 Commentary / Textless Songs / U.S. Trailer / Trailers

Yurikuma Arashi

Yurikuma Arashi Complete Series - Essentials - BD
Special Features: Episode 1 Commentary / Episode 12 Commentary / Textless Songs / Promotional Videos & TV Spots / U.S. Trailer / Trailers

Katana Maidens ~ Toji No Miko

Katana Maidens ~ Toji No Miko Part Two - BD
Special Features: Textless Songs

May 28, 2019

DARLING in the FRANXX

DARLING in the FRANXX Part Two - BD/DVD Combo
Special Features:Episode 18 Commentary / Episode 23 Video Commentary / Playback Special / Playback Special II / Web Previews / Textless Songs

Eden of the East

Eden of the East Complete Series Box Set - Essentials - BD
Special Features: Director Kamiyama & Original Character Designer Umino Interview / Kimura (Takizawa) & Hayami (Saki) Interview / Directors Kamiyama & Oshii Interview / Art Director Takeda Interview / Composer Kawai Interview / Promotion Video / TV Spot / Textless Closing Song / Trailers

Chio's School Road

Chio’s School Road The Complete Series - BD
Special Features: Promo Video / Textless Songs

Rage of Bahamut: Genesis

Rage of Bahamut: Genesis Complete Series - Essentials - BD
Special Features: Episode 1 Commentary / Episode 12 Commentary / Episode 6.5 - Roundup / Episode 6.5 - Roundup Preview / Textless Opening & Closings / Preview for Episode 1 / U.S. Trailer / Trailers

Junji Ito Collection

Junji Ito Collection The Complete Series - BD

Tokyo Ghoul:re

Tokyo Ghoul:re Part 1 - BD/DVD Combo
Special Features: Tokyo Ghoul:re - A Conversation with Cast & Crew / Episode 1 Commentary / Episode 12 Commentary / Promo Videos / Textless Songs

Maken-ki!

Maken-ki! Complete Season Two - Essentials - BD
Special Features: Episode 1 Commentary / Episode 7 Commentary / Commercials / Promotional Video / Textless Songs / U.S. Trailer / Trailers

RightStuf Links

2 Likes

Buy
Darling in the FranXX Part duex (Has the 2 best episodes of the series in this half, 13 & 15.)

So it looks like I’m picking up GoDanaar as well

Just an interesting thing to note, that some of Funi’s new releases are BD only, The popular stuff either has it’s own DVD release or have BD/DVD combo packs

1 Like