Funimation News

“our creators”?

I’m confused by that wording. Funimation doesn’t employ the people creating the anime, unless something has changed.

Yep, I too am suspecting that this is the result of Funimation bringing in corporate bigwigs who aren’t anime industry guys.

2 Likes

I still think this all comes back to SONY using Funimation as a starter core for their streaming platform. Since their earlier efforts fizzled they appear to be intent on buying their way into the market.

Problem is that there are reasons that they failed before. Repeating those mistakes won’t be good.

Mark Gosdin

5 Likes

Episode 4: Funimation and Studios

Justin Sevakis talks about Funimation, other studios and Interspecies Reviewers

Delays so far in green

2 Likes

No Senko delay as of yet :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Bad @MaouSadao! Do you want to jinx us for the Fluff?

4 Likes

Stories from the Booth - Ep. 5 | Women in Anime Part 2

1 Like

Funimation Teams Up with Discord to Bring Nitro Subscribers Funimation Premium Plus for Free

Feb 14th 2020
ANIME AND GAMING UNITE!

Funimation May 2020

Rightstuf listings :

Black Clover Season 2 Part 4 Blu-Ray/DVD

Release Date: 5/5/2020

Touken Ranbu Hanamaru Complete Series Blu-Ray

Overlord Season 2 Classics Blu-Ray

Code Breaker Essentials Blu-Ray

Release Date: 5/12/2020

Teasing Master Takagi-San Essentials Blu-Ray

Devil May Cry Essentials Blu-Ray

Eureka Seven Complete Series Essentials Blu-Ray

Release Date: 5/19/2020

Eureka Seven AO Complete Series Essentials Blu-Ray

Fafner Complete Series And Movie Essentials Blu-Ray

King Of Thorn Essentials Blu-Ray

The Rising Of The Shield Hero Season 1 Part 1 Limited Edition Blu-Ray/DVD

Release Date: 5/26/2020

The Rising Of The Shield Hero Season 1 Part 1 Blu-Ray/DVD

The Rising Of The Shield Hero Season 1 Part 2 Blu-Ray/DVD

The Rising Of The Shield Hero Season 1 Part 2 + Light Novel Limited Edition Blu-Ray/DVD

YU-NO A Girl Who Chants Love At The Bound Of This World Part 1 Blu-Ray

YU-NO A Girl Who Chants Love At The Bound Of This World Part 2 Blu-Ray

Fractale Essentials Blu-Ray

Okami-San And Her Seven Companions Essentials Blu-Ray

Midnight Occult Civil Servants Blu-Ray

Black Clover Season 1 Complete Collection Blu-Ray

1 Like

Buy
Shield Hero Part 1 & 2 (Not sure about getting the LTD ED, Depends on Sentai’s Slate Next Week)

Edit: Funi is starting to get on my Nerves, Either Release all of Shield Hero S1 in a complete set or Spread the release out a month or 2, just so we don’t have to buy both parts in a single month. (Note: CR might have asked them to do this, since it’s technically the last title of the Partnership)

2 Likes

Just these two for pre-order :
The Rising Of The Shield Hero Season 1 Part 1 Limited Edition Blu-Ray/DVD
The Rising Of The Shield Hero Season 1 Part 2 + Light Novel Limited Edition Blu-Ray/DVD

April is looking at min a $500 month . So basically those two are all I can do for May . Still got to think about Sentai’s Spring sale to which should include the LE’s from December and January .

1 Like

I second this. Having been burned too many times by leaping on split sets such as this in the past I am going to wait until a complete collection is ready, or a sale hits for both parts. The spine on the LE artbox looks a tad too plain IMO.

It is interesting that, with Black Clover, Funimation is considering 51 episodes to constitute a “complete season”. If only…

1 Like

You know I just realized The Quintessential Quintuplets LE got pushed back to May . So that is three LE’s in one month now .

1 Like

Give them time–there’s still half a month left.

2 Likes

Definitely:
The Rising of the Shield Hero

…but more than likely, I’ll wait for a complete set/sale (by Funi or someone else CR partners with) down the line. :triumph:

Anything else (that I don’t already have) is a wait and see…

2 Likes

Delays so far in green - added Tales of Zestiria the X

Also —

• Anime-Gataris - Was March 3, now April 7
  • Garo: Vanishing Line - Was March 10, now April 14
  • Ping Pong the Animation - CANCELLED
1 Like

Legendary Nozomi Classics Come to Funimation

2020-02-17T06:00:00Z

2 Likes

Did Funimation happen to add the ADV bonus features that Nozomi forgot to license for the Nadesico bluray?

BTW, what happened to Funimation’s partnership wtih theaters? They are showing the Violet Evergarden movie this week and it is not at the usual megaplexes that have shown Funi films in the past, and instead it is instead only at a smattering of theaters in my area, all of which are small podunk theaters that, in times past, have not shown Funi films before.

I was hoping that being assimilated into the Sony collective would broaden their theatrical horizons, not shrink them. Even Sentai got DanMachi into more, and bigger, theaters here.

3 Likes
4 Likes