Funimation News

Yep, you have to take this with a grain of salt. Sounds good on paper, but with all these new suits in the company, I can’t help but be concerned about FUNimation’s future, as I’ve seen how a change in leadership can drastically affect a company.

1 Like

Flip side, it looks to me like SONY is positioning Funimation to eventually become the vehicle for All of SONY’s streaming media content. So, you need people with wider industry experience since Funimation did not traditionally have much depth outside of Anime. Particularly if SONY intends to acquire much more non-Anime content.

Mark Gosdin

2 Likes

Funimation Led Global Anime Companies Set up Anime Heroes for Aussie Wildlife GoFundMe for Australian Bushfires

January 17, 2020 8:15am CST
The “global anime group” is raising funds for Wildlife Victoria, and matching dollar for dollar

ONLY in Anime :sparkles: with Chris Lam!

1 Like

It would be weird to me if the Funimation brand started streaming normal content. Now that you’ve planted the notion, I’m leery of Sony turning Funimation into “Crackle 2.0”.

Also it concerns me that Funi’s new hires who have worked for big name media companies like NBCUniversalComcast and Disney almost certainly did not come cheap and that Sony’s beancounters might want an immediate “ROI” and will seek it by socking it to us anime fans. That’s probably not likely, but with Aniplex being Funi’s sister company now, it tis too close for comfort to the realm of possibility.

Which reminds me, wasn’t Crackle the exclusive source for some anime series? I remember checking out Viper’s Creed on it; will Funi be releasing those series?

3 Likes

Call it “Crackle ++”. :face_vomiting:

SONY is big enough to buy a lot of Non-Anime content, so it just depends on how it all shakes out. Interesting Times, Indeed.

Mark Gosdin

Stories from the Booth - Ep. 4 | Comedy in Anime

Winter 2020 Anime FIRST IMPRESSIONS! (Part 1)

1 Like

Anime Girls Who PROTECC US w/ Jacki Jing!

FunimationNow Streaming Content Moves to AnimeLab in Australia, New Zealand

posted on 2020-01-24 17:36 EST by Jennifer Sherman
FunimationNow service shuts down in Australia, New Zealand on March 30

3 Likes

Funimation delays per Funimation Shop

• The Quintessential Quintuplets: Season 1 Collection (Blu-ray/DVD LE) - now 5/19/20 was 4/21/20
  • The Quintessential Quintuplets: Season 1 Collection (Blu-ray/DVD) - now 5/19/20 was 4/21/20
  • Kono Oto Tomare! Sounds of Life: Season 1 Collection (Blu-ray) - now 5/5/20 was 4/7/20
  • Million Arthur: Complete Collection (Blu-ray) - now 6/30/20 was 4/7/20
1 Like

Works for me . To much coming that month anyway .

1 Like

NEW WINTER ANIME | Winter 2020 First Impressions (Part 2)

1 Like

I belive that Funimation is due for an “OK, Boomer” with this as this is the exact opposite of how “protecc” works. :roll_eyes:

One of these days I’ll finally see this.

1 Like

With the Interspecies Reviewers Debacle and now A3 being delayed indefinitely, Funimation sure is batting a 1.000 this Season

5 Likes

wow I had no clue it got pulled. that’s super retarded.

4 Likes

I found this on reddit about interspecies reviewers

“falls outside of our standards”

that’s adorable…

5 Likes

This is all posted in the Interspecies Reviewers thread.

2 Likes

I’m aware but since I mentioned something about it earlier I wanted to add on to it since it involves FUNimation as well.

3 Likes

Funimation Hires New Chief Content Officer, Chief Product Officer

Hmmm… couldn’t see that coming… NOT!

2 Likes