Funimation News

It’s a shame this one didn’t make it to the Classics line :wink:

2 Likes

Hopefully with this finally getting a non-LE blu-ray release this means others will that never did will to . Though I think I have them all . :thinking:

Edit: I’m thinking of another series it did get a standard release ,but the SAVE edition was DVD only for some reason .

1 Like

Baka and Test says hi…

(Also, the LE set had a 3rd DVD with omakes and special features, which were dropped on the S.A.V.E. release…)

1 Like

A Season of Thrill and Chill | Explore Fall 2021 on Funimation

Funimation ANZ To Sunset AnimeLab Streaming Platform On December 9th To Complete Ongoing Transition

November 03, 2021 12:23pm CDT
AnimeLab transition to Funimation began in late June of this year with branding change

1 Like

Funimation February 2022 Solicitations

November 15, 2021

February 1, 2022

Adachi and Shimamura

Adachi and Shimamura The Complete Season - BD+Fun Digital
Languages: English, Japanese with English Subtitles
Special Features: Short Anime / Character Videos / Promo Videos / Textless Opening Song / Textless Closing Song

Katana Maidens ~ Toji No Miko

Katana Maidens ~ Toji No Miko Complete Series- Essentials - BD+Fun Digital
Special Features: Textless Opening Song “Save you Save me” / Textless Closing Song “Kokoro no Memoria” / Trailers

Log Horizon: Destruction of the Round Table

Log Horizon Destruction of the Round Table - BD+Fun Digital
Special Features: Cast Comments / Promo Videos / Textless Opening Song

Sleepy Princess in the Demon Castle

Sleepy Princess in the Demon Castle The Complete Season - BD+Fun Digital
Special Features: Let’s master it! The path to sound sleep! / Promo Videos / Textless Opening Song / Textless Closing Song

February 8, 2022

Higurashi: When They Cry - NEW (S1, Pt 2

Higurashi: When They Cry - NEW Season 1 Part 2 - BD+Fun Digital
Special Features: Commercials / Textless Opening Song / Textless Closing Song

Josee, The Tiger & The Fish

Josee, The Tiger & The Fish BD/DVD+Fun Digital
Special Features: Special Interview with Director Tamura Kotaro / Scotland Loves Anime Interview with the Josee, the Tiger and the Fish Production Staff / Unrevealed Special Pilot Footage / Promo Videos / Commercials / Textless Closing Song

February 15, 2022

Berserk

Berserk The Complete Series - Essentials - BD+Fun Digital
Special Features: Promo Videos / Textless Opening Song “Inferno” / Textless Closing Song “Meimoku no Kanata” / Episode 12.5 / Commercials / Textless Opening Song “Sacrifice” / Textless Closing Song “Everything is a Story” / Trailers

By the Grace of the Gods S1

By the Grace of the Gods Season 1 - BD/DVD+Fun Digital - Limited Edition
Special Features: By the Grace of the Gods: Voice Actor Q&A / Pre-reincarnation Ryoma & Tabuchi’s 4 Panel Video / “Slimes’ Idle Conversation” - By the Grace of the Gods Introduction / Home Video Original - “Slimes’ Idle Conversation: Ryoma Is on Trial for Doing Too Much” / Next Episode Previews / Commercials / Textless Opening Song / Textless Closing Song

By the Grace of the Gods Season 1 - BD+Fun Digital
Special Features: By the Grace of the Gods: Voice Actor Q&A / Pre-reincarnation Ryoma & Tabuchi’s 4 Panel Video / “Slimes’ Idle Conversation” - By the Grace of the Gods Introduction / Home Video Original - “Slimes’ Idle Conversation: Ryoma Is on Trial for Doing Too Much” / Next Episode Previews / Commercials / Textless Opening Song / Textless Closing Song

King's Raid: Successors of the Will Pt 1

KING’s RAID: Successors of the Will Part 1 - BD+Fun Digital
Special Features: Commercials / Textless Opening Song / Textless Closing Song

Love Live! Sunshine!! The School Idol Movie: Over the Rainbow

Love Live! Sunshine!! The School Idol Movie: Over the Rainbow - Movie - Essentials - BD+Fun Digital
Special Features: Love Live! Sunshine!! Photo Sessions / Original Japanese Trailers

My Hero Academia S4

My Hero Academia Season 4 Complete - BD+Fun Digital
Special Features: My Hero Academia: Justin and Kellen Talk Season 4 / Inside the Episode - Episode 64, Episode 67, Episode 70, Episode 75 / Promotional Videos / Textless Opening Song / Textless Closing Song / My Hero Academia: Interview with Kaori Nazuka at Anime Expo 2019 / My Hero Academia: FanExpo 2019 Live Dub Panel / FunimationCon 2020: My Hero Academia Game Show with Voice Actors / FunimationCon 2020: My Hero Academia Q&A Panel / Inside the Episode 79 / Inside the Episode 82 / Textless Opening Song / Textless Closing Song

Dr. Stone S1

Dr. STONE Season 1 - SteelBook - BD+Fun Digital
Special Features: Episode 2 Video Commentary / Episode 10 Commentary / Textless Opening Song / Textless Closing Song / Dr. STONE: The Science Guys / Episode 24 Commentary / Textless Opening Song ver. 1 / Textless Opening Song ver. 2 / Textless Closing Song ver. 1 / Textless Closing Song ver. 2

February 22, 2022

Attack on Titan Final Season - Part 1

Attack on Titan Final Season - Part 1 - BD/DVD+Fun Digital
Special Features: Attack on Titan Final Season Part 1: Voice Actor Panel / Attack on Titan Chibi Theater 1 / Attack on Titan Chibi Theater 2 / Behind the Scenes Footage from Production - 3DCG Animation / Behind the Scenes Footage from Production - Staff Discussion / Promo Video / Commercial / Eyecatch Gallery / Textless Opening Song / Textless Closing Song

Attack on Titan Final Season - Part 1 - BD/DVD+Fun Digital - Limited Edition
Special Features: Attack on Titan Final Season Part 1: Voice Actor Panel / Attack on Titan Chibi Theater 1 / Attack on Titan Chibi Theater 2 / Behind the Scenes Footage from Production - 3DCG Animation / Behind the Scenes Footage from Production - Staff Discussion / Promo Video / Commercial / Eyecatch Gallery / Textless Opening Song / Textless Closing Song

Talentless Nana

Talentless Nana The Complete Season - BD+Fun Digital
Special Features: Mini Anime / Promo Videos / Program Advertisements / Commercials / Textless Opening Song / Textless Closing Song

RightStuf Links

2 Likes

Buy
-Log Horizon S3
-Sleepy Princess in the Demon Castle
-By The Grace of the Gods
-AoT Final Part 1

-By the way, I wonder if they will sell a Funimation Classics / Essentials version for S1 & 2 of Log Horizon, I mean including a Digital copy Might make me buy them again

2 Likes

These:
By The Grace of The Gods
Log Horizon S3
Sleepy Princess in The Demon Castle
Attack on Titan Final part 1

2 Likes

Only these two are of interest to me

• Sleepy Princess in the Demon Castle
  • By The Grace of the Gods
2 Likes

Yes. Definitely.
Log Horizon S3
AoT F 1

2 Likes

Checking back in to say that I’ve been watching this (Our Last Crusade) dubbed and I’ve really been enjoying it. Thanks. :+1:

On the Feb 2022 solicits, nothing leaps out at me. TBH I don't recognize some of these titles. :confused:
2 Likes

Why You Should Watch Samurai 7 — Funimation Flashback

Was Funimation so shocked that Sentai got their release slate out before the 15th that they can’t post anything coming out yet?

3 Likes

Funimation March 2022 Solicitations

December 16, 2021

March 1, 2022

Dropout Idol Fruit Tart

Dropout Idol Fruit Tart The Complete Season - BD+Fun Digital
Special Features: Promo Videos; Commercials; Textless Opening Song; Textless Closing Song

March 8, 2022

The Girl Who Leapt Through Time

The Girl who Leapt through Time - BD/DVD + FUN Digital
Special Features: Premiere Screening Event; Direction File ~a talk with the director~; Behind the Scenes at Premiere Screening Event; Hanako Oku “Garnet” Music Video; Theatrical Trailer; Promo Clip; Feature Commentary; Feature with Storyboard; Feature with Storyboard Commentary; U.S. Trailer; Trailers

My Hero Academia – Season 5 Part 1

My Hero Academia Season 5 Part 1 - BD/DVD+Fun Digital
Special Features: Promo Videos; Commercial; Textless Opening Song; Textless Closing Song

One Piece – Season 11 Voyage 7

One Piece Season 11 Voyage 7 - BD/DVD
Special Features: One Piece Season 11 Voyage 7: ADR Directors Round Table; Textless Opening Song “Hard Knock Days”

Planetarian

Planetarian - OVAs & Movie - Essentials - BD+Fun Digital
Special Features: Textless Closing Song “Twinkle Starlight”; Trailers; Commercial; Trailers

March 15, 2022

Dr. Stone: Stone Wars

Dr. STONE Season 2 - BD+Fun Digital
Special Features: Dr. STONE: Ramen, Take One; Dr. STONE: Ramen, Take Two; Web Previews; Commercials; Promo Videos; Textless Opening Song; Textless Closing Song

Dr. STONE Season 2 - BD/DVD+Fun Digital - Limited Edition
Special Features: Dr. STONE: Ramen, Take One; Dr. STONE: Ramen, Take Two; Web Previews; Commercials; Promo Videos; Textless Opening Song; Textless Closing Song; 40-Page Art Book; Acrylic Senku Phone Charm; 2 Campaign Can Badges; Foldable Periodic Table

Warlords of Sigrdrifa

Warlords of Sigrdrifa The Complete Season - BD+Fun Digital
Special Features: Episode Previews; Promo Videos; Commercials; Textless Opening Song; Textless Closing Song

March 22, 2022

Mars Red

Mars Red - The Complete Season - BD+Fun Digital
Special Features: Mini Anime “Unit Zero Daily Report”; Promo Videos; Textless Opening Song ver. 1; Textless Opening Song ver. 2; Textless Closing Song

March 29, 2022

The Day I Became a God

The Day I Became a God The Complete Season - BD+Fun Digital
Special Features: Web Previews; Promo Videos; Commercials; Textless Opening Song ver. 1; Textless Opening Song ver. 2; Textless Closing Song

Otherside Picnic

Otherside Picnic The Complete Season - BD+Fun Digital
Special Features: Promo Video; Commercials; Textless Opening Song; Textless Closing Song ver. 1; Textless Closing Song ver. 2

RightStuf links

2 Likes

Note: Funi’s blog says One Piece - Season 11, Voyage 7 is listed as March 8, but when you go to the catalog page, it says March 29

2 Likes

I’ll pick some of those eventually, but as of now I don’t know when.

1 Like

Warlords is a definite eventual pickup. After all, the lead is a stoic blonde voiced by Katelyn Barr. :yellow_heart::black_heart:

1 Like

Warlords is a maybe, just one episode took this one off of my must buy list, same thing happened with Myriad Colors Phantom World

2 Likes

@Series5Ranger guy butt slap fanservice episode?

1 Like

Pretty much and the Myriad Colors Phantom World Episode was the one where all the other characters threw the MC under the bus and had him go with the spirit and then next episode was like it never happened

1 Like