Greetings everyone!

Hello everyone! I am going on 6 years with TAM on demand but finally decided to pay the site a visit. Lo and behold, FORUMS! And faces! And people that might wanna be friends and chat about anime and whatever else! :woohoo:

So any who, I have been into anime since before I can remember. Transformers anyone? I will watch just about any type of anime, they I shy away from some of the kids stuff and some of the stuff that’s just way way way over the top.

At the moment I am watching adult swim’s Kekkaishi (got it on my pc subbed), FMA Brotherhood, Bleach and Toon Disneys’ Naruto Shippuden. On TAN stuff I’m watching that I haven’t seen are Infinite Stratos (IS), Akano Iro and a few others. TOying with losing TAN VoD and getting the online. Far more options and way faster. I hate getting an episode a week. One series can take over a year, literally.

I have far too many favorites to name them, but I am partial to romances, action-based and series that go for a long time, like Inuyasha and Bleach.

I am a very active gamer as well; Card games, RPG’s, video games… it’s what I do. Most recently I have been running through Dragon age again. Infamous for PS3 is waiting for me. Love that stuff.

What else… I am 29 if that matters to anyone. Single White Male. I have an associates in computer science and have been working so much that only now am I going for my bachelors. I wanted to get into game design since I was a kid, but that industry is an insane nut to crack. I am also trying to become an epic fantasy novelist. Nothing published yet, but I am working on it. I also do fan-fics. I have a fine appreciate for anime and art, but can’t draw a stick figure realistically. I can paint a mental image with words pretty well though.

I will edit or post if I think of whatever else to add.

Hi and welcome to TAN, hope you enjoy the site. :slight_smile:

Abandon all hope ye who enter here…Just kidding, hello and welcome!

Welcome to TAN. I’m Newshawk, the lovable but cantankerous Otaku Grandpa of the group, a TAN Casting Sensei (along with LadyOfWicca, PretearHimeno and Mystic), the benevolent dictator of the Claim Your Bishoujo/Bishounen game and compulsive list maker. I’m glad to see you’ve made it to the best little slice of anime heaven this side of the Pacific!

greetings, post often

http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/5996/killerloli.jpg

Beware of Froggy, the killer loli

Outlander, that looks absolutely NOTHING like Froggy. I think AnimeJessica is who you’re referring to! :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyway, welcome to TAN! You seem like a fun guy to be around. Hopefully you’ll visit often, even though you’ve really always been here! :laugh:

Hello! Great to have ya here, feel free to post where ever. You write, eh? How’s about throwing something up in the Fan made Media section?

So you write fan-fiction? I just started-well i had one idea but I couldn’t flesh it out to suit me, so I put it aside. I had another idea buzzing around inside my brains… er, head, and I’ve recently started that one. I’ve had a bit more time to ruminate about it, so it has been easier to write. You can see it in the Fan-Made Media section-a little crossover project I call Bokuto Precinct of the DEAD. Give it a read.

Thank you all for the warm welcome. Yep I do like to write, I do I do! Currently my only successful fan fic is based on avatar the last airbender and thats on fanfiction.com by the author psychomagi. Haven’t tried writing an anime fan fic yet. Sadly I was warned not to post anything significant about my epic fantasy novel as its entirely original and my own creation and its too easy for people to take what they want and use it. I may post snippets but… yeah. I will have to check out your fan fic Newshawk. So, whats the buzz and where’s all the good conversation at?! :silly:

Welcome Psychomagi!

Greetings to you, we do like to see newcomers around these parts!

I see that you’ve been posting around the forums! That’s wonderful! :cheer:

Please read through the Rules located in the grey tab at the top, not only is it a good idea, it tells you how to make a sig and also how to get those funky icons for under your avatar!

Feel free to browse around the forums and jump into any convo that interests you, all we ask is that you use the Search Function before starting any threads (especially in the Anime Section).

The very last forum (Called SuperHappyFunTime at present) is the ‘junk’ forum where all the off-topic convos are held. We change the name of this forum periodically just for fun.

If you have any questions, please ask! But, choose carefully on whose answers you follow. That is how you are judged. :laugh:

Again, Welcome to The Anime Network Forums! Please come back and post often!

EDIT: Shameless self-promotion: I noticed that you made mention of finding the Naruto Shippuden movie at the last minute. I do a daily thread called http://www.theanimenetwork.com/component/option,com_kunena/Itemid,65/catid,7/func,view/id,71660/limit,10/limitstart,170/ that lists anime and Asian/Anime related content currenly airing on TV. I try to work a day ahead to give you time to set your DVR/Tivo/whatever to record. It’s a stickied thread in ‘Other Anime’.

Welcome to you! Hope to see you around often! Have you seen Special A? It’s a great romantic comedy. Gintama and Eyeshield 21 are long ones that you might enjoy too. Glad you’ve joined us and I do hope you’ll write something for us in the future. :slight_smile:

Welcome, Psychomagi. I hope you enjoy your stay.