Greetings to my fellow Otaku

Hello all,
Just joined up an hoping to catch up on some of the anime I have missed.

A little about me:

I am an avid anime collector, that dislikes incomplete collections. I currently have over 100 different series and growing. I like almost anything: Dual, FMP, Kenshin, Trinity Blood, Chobits, … (Didnt like KOR however) Wish there was a way to tune into the shows playing in Japan, but for now I will just have have to play the waiting game. I prefer subs as the translations just aren’t the same to me. If only my Japanese were better i could skip the subs completely. (excel saga is just to hard to keep up with)

Outside of anime, I tinker with all things computers (coding, encoding, building) and am an optical engineer by trade. Can’t help it, electronic stuff is fun.

Not sure how much forum trolling I will do, but if you have any questions feel free to PM me.

Guess I should leave at least a question to reply to :):

Are there any titles that you think should belong in the top 10 best anime but are not in the top 200 (based on animenfo’s rankings). Just cause they seem to have a decent baseline.

-Kniftyman

Welcome to the Anime Network forums. I hope you enjoy your stay.

Welcome to TAN! I’m Newshawk, the lovable but cantankerous Otaku Grandpa of the group, a TAN Casting Sensei (along with LadyOfWicca, PretearHimeno and Mystic), the benevolent dictator of the Claim Your Bishoujo/Bishounen game and compulsive list maker. I’m glad to see you’ve made it to the best little slice of anime heaven this side of the Pacific!

Welcome to you! I pretty much like everything myself. But to answer your question, I never really go by those lists. I like what I like and since my own favorite shows constantly change with each new anime I watch, that list is pretty good the way it is. Hope to see you around!

Hello and welcome! I hope you can join in all our forum fun often. :laugh:

I’m a bit late, but welcome to the forums, hope ya like your stay at TAN. :3

Glad to have ya here.