High School of the Dead / Gakuen Mokushiroku

finally got it to work… and it was worth the wait!!!

this show is everything i like about anime all rolled into one little half hour piece…
thanks again TAN for picking up such a great show…
btw: if you dont watch thru the credits, you suck!! lol… just kiddin… but for real-- that’ll teach you people from turning it off during the credits…

yoka

That was pretty much awesome. Yep, can’t wait for the DVD…

After waiting for the site to recover from the quarantine. I finally got watch the show and I like it. The pacing for the first episode is pretty fast which I liked. I got a little annoyed with main female character with her loud whining though. i hope so she quiets down in the next episodes.

Two words:

F’en AWESOME!!!

From start to finish: animation, design, composition, op/ed…Madhouse at top form.
And a damn fine acquisition by S23…damn fine indeed.

I especially liked when

Hisashi becomes a zombie, how the background music is very reminiscent of 28 Days/Weeks Later as well as the wall of missing people in the end credits.

Alright, I’m not much of a zombie fan at all, but that episode was rather awesome!

[quote=techieq]
After waiting for the site to recover from the quarantine. I finally got watch the show and I like it. The pacing for the first episode is pretty fast which I liked. I got a little annoyed with main female character with her loud whining though. i hope so she quiets down in the next episodes.[/quote]

that’s why she got slapped :stuck_out_tongue:

She needs to slimmer down now :slight_smile:

newshawk regarding your thing to me in that other topic, that’s just how I feel about her coming from reading the manga into to this. Well anyway you’ll see what I mean by it as the show goes on. wrote this here because other topic wasn’t for discussion.

Yeeeee Haaaaaw!

Yes, Yes, Yes. Can’t wait for next week! :woohoo:

Blood… Action… Blood… Panties!..Blood… Blood… Tension… Blood… Panties!.. Blood… Panties!.. Tension… Blood…

Rinse & Repeat

[quote=Newshawk]

Having the only two survivors at the observatory be exes-and to have the the guy have to kill his ex-girlfriend’s new love, who is also his best friend-that was a masterstroke! I can’t wait until next Sunday to see how they get down from there.

I thought it was a little odd how quickly Takashi and Rei hooked up, right after Hisashi’s death. I guess it’s pretty common in action shows like this, though the fact that Rei and Takashi made a vow to get married kinda makes up for that. GUESS I’M JUST A FAM’LY MAN.

Looks like the next episode will feature more of Saeko–hope to see some serious ass-kicking.

[quote=YokaChiNoki]
btw: if you dont watch thru the credits, you suck!! lol… just kiddin… but for real-- that’ll teach you people from turning it off during the credits…[/quote]

Saw the credits begin to roll five minutes before the episode ended and I knew something was up. :stuck_out_tongue:

Brilliant show so far, and well worth the wait. Hope everyone got a chance to watch it before heading off.

Also, my favorite shot in the episode:

aside from the T&A

Oh ya just remembered, anyone else notice Zeke(the dog)was busting a Snoopy on top of a dog house in one of the photos during the credits, at the very top.

that screen cap is the perfect mix of beauty and gloom…

yoka

Finally watched it, and I must say, no too bad. I think the pacing was fast, but given the situation they are in, it works.

BG music was very good, but the OP/ED was only ok in my mind. Maybe I just need to grow on them.

The animation was top-notch, with maybe a tad much of fan service, but I am okay with that.

And the most important thing is that the story stayed true to the manga, in almost frighting detail. A few things changed here and there, like the coup-de-grace on the zombi… I mean on “them” but for the most part, I could actually see pages from the manga basically animated and in color, which is for me, the most important feature of all. The story can carry itself without unnecessary add-ons.

Overall, very good episode for the start, and now the wait is back on for the next episode.

[quote=Amagi]
Oh ya just remembered, anyone else notice Zeke(the dog)was busting a Snoopy on top of a dog house in one of the photos during the credits, at the very top.[/quote]

LOL oh man, what?

Gunna have to go catch that now, haha.

Psst…people, not everyone has read the manga legally,so make sure youze all write any info on potential future characters and thier names in spoiler thingys.

[quote=Amagi]
newshawk regarding your thing to me in that other topic, that’s just how I feel about her coming from reading the manga into to this. Well anyway you’ll see what I mean by it as the show goes on. wrote this here because other topic wasn’t for discussion.[/quote]

I see, Amagi. I have not read the manga, so you have me at a disadvantage. Remember, however, that the producers and writers don’t always have the anime follow the manga so I guess we’ll both see how they develop her character as the series goes on.

BTW, welcome to the forums!

Yes’m, that’s a good’n. I like it.

[quote=Hentai]

[quote=Newshawk]

Having the only two survivors at the observatory be exes-and to have the the guy have to kill his ex-girlfriend’s new love, who is also his best friend-that was a masterstroke! I can’t wait until next Sunday to see how they get down from there.

I thought it was a little odd how quickly Takashi and Rei hooked up, right after Hisashi’s death. I guess it’s pretty common in action shows like this, though the fact that Rei and Takashi made a vow to get married kinda makes up for that. GUESS I’M JUST A FAM’LY MAN.

Shock and fear will do that to you, Hentai. I didn’t see it as sexual or even romantic-I saw it as the need for human contact at a time of sheer terror. I don’t think they have “hooked up” in any sense of the term-nor will they for a good long while.

[quote=Newshawk]

[quote=Hentai]

[quote=Newshawk]

Shock and fear will do that to you, Hentai. I didn’t see it as sexual or even romantic-I saw it as the need for human contact at a time of sheer terror. I don’t think they have “hooked up” in any sense of the term-nor will they for a good long while.

Yeah, it definitely seemed like the product of needing a companion during a time of chaos, so “hooking up” is too extreme a word in this case. She seemed a little reluctant to follow him at first, perhaps in fear that Takashi would see it as her being interested in him.