iPad/iPhone/iPod/iOS -- Post Questions, Comment, Problems Here

Ok so im using an ipod 4g on IOS 6.1.3 using the app on a wifi connection and well it’d be easier just to show you my problem.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPXvL2RBvCs[/video]

By the way i’m in Puerto Rico and my region wasn’t available until I sent an email and you guys fixed the problem.But as you can see in the video when I use my ip no shows appear but when I got on a US ip it worked.It works fine on PC

Is anyone else have or had a problem with the iPad app because right now all I get is a black screen on show list and a loading bar for features would like to know how to fix it back to normal

Hello KRE,

Sorry to hear you are having trouble!

It sounds like the catalog is getting hung up while loading or refreshing. I’ve had this reported by a few other iPhone users.
Question: Does this only happen when you are on 3G, WiFi, or does it not seem to matter?

Temporary Workaround:
Try moving to the shop tab and then exiting the app.
Kill it from running in the background.
Then re-launch app.

This should force the catalog to attempt to reload again. It may take a minute or two, depending on your data connection, but then you will have the full, up to date catalog.

If this does not work, be sure that your subscription is “active”.

To do this:
-Go to your app manager list and find the Anime Network app.
-Next go to the Anime Network app it will say if it is “Active” or not.
-If it is not “Active”, be sure to click it to make it “Active”.
-Once you do this, your app will become active again!

If you make the Anime Network app “Active” and it is still not loading all of the shows, what is most likely happening is that the receipt from the in app subscription has not been sent to our website’s user manager, therefore preventing you from watching shows.

To get your app subscription receipt sent to our websites user manager, just go into the app and hit the “Restore” button.
Hitting the “Restore” Button will re-forward your receipt to our website’s user manager to confirm the app subscription’s validation.

In the meantime, you can still log on and watch your favorite anime shows online from a computer or from your mobile browser at Blog / Important Notice for Anime Network Online Users - Anime Network. Both methods will accept the username and password you used to set up your Anime Network app, and you won’t miss the shows you have been waiting for.

Thank you for your patience,

-Mo-

I was having the same issue. None of these tips worked for me. However, deleting and reinstalling the app seemed to do the trick.

I having problems with anime network not connecting . It was fine a week ago and now this is starting again. It happens almost every month and I’m about to cancel my subscription. If this charters problem then say so I like anime network but this is becoming a hassle.

Hey Tuco45,

Just to clarify, which of the following services are you referencing when you say the Anime Network won’t connect?

Services:

-Online at www.theanimenetwork.com
-The iOS application
-Or Video OnDemand since you mentioned Charter in your original post

Thank you for your patience,

-Mo-

Phi Brain - Episode 37 Dubbed was uploaded, but the iOS file is corrupted and won’t play on safari or the apps.

Hey Dahrc,

Try refreshing and give it another go please :)!

-Mo-

Ok, it’s working now, great.

[quote=“moisme” post=149320]Hey Dahrc,

-Mo-[/quote]

Ok, now the same thing is happening for episode 39 Dubbed.

[quote=“Dahrc” post=149326]

[quote=“moisme” post=149320]Hey Dahrc,

-Mo-[/quote]

Ok, now the same thing is happening for episode 39 Dubbed.[/quote]

39 dubbed is up!

-Mo-

Is the app will ever update of iOS 7?!

I am having a problem with the shows freezing. This started Tues. - I think. Some are worse than others. I have switched out 2 wifi router/modems and am now using a Netgear Router - WNDR3700v4 and a Zhone modem 6212-13-200. My speeds are better, but shows are still freezing. Last night I had to give up and use the ABC ap and HULU Plus. On HULU Plus the advertising was freezing and skipping, but the shows played OK.

I watch Anime Network online using Safari Wifi I have an iPad 1, OSI 5.1.1 (iPad won’t update any farther). Any suggestions? Or do I need a newer iPad?

Thanks!

[quote=“Riza43” post=153145]I am having a problem with the shows freezing. This started Tues. - I think. Some are worse than others. I have switched out 2 wifi router/modems and am now using a Netgear Router - WNDR3700v4 and a Zhone modem 6212-13-200. My speeds are better, but shows are still freezing. Last night I had to give up and use the ABC ap and HULU Plus. On HULU Plus the advertising was freezing and skipping, but the shows played OK.

I watch Anime Network online using Safari Wifi I have an iPad 1, OSI 5.1.1 (iPad won’t update any farther). Any suggestions? Or do I need a newer iPad?

Thanks![/quote]

Hey Riza,

What is the average internet speed you are consistently getting?

Are you only getting this issue when watching Anime Network Online through the Safari browser or have you tried the app and are experiencing the same issue as well?

Can you give an example of a show this is happening on?

Thank you,

-Mo-

Hi,

My average speed is 5Mbps download and 1Mbps upload. I can only watch online through Safari. I can’t download the ap. It requires IOS 6 or higher and my iPad 1 will only update to 5.1.1.

I just tried to watch Hakuoki OVA episode 4 and it froze at 4:39 minutes. It usually will just get worse and get to a point where it will freeze every 30 seconds to a minute.

I can watch CW, ABC and HULU Plus through their aps just fine.

I was able to watch online until the middle of last week and then this freezing problrm started when I was watching Shining Hearts.

Tried to watch Allison and Lillia, episode 1…watched 7:32 before it froze.

Thanks for your help…

Ipad
OS 7.0.3
Ipad App
I am having trouble watching videos on the app. It lets me watch shows on the featured page through the pop up menu but does not let me watch them from my playlist or the shows tab all i get is a screen for the episode that has no functionality.

Hi,

I haven’t seen any comment for 5 days. I don’t understand why I was able to watch shows online thru Safari on my Ipad for over a week and then I began having the shows freeze on me.

Is there any solution? My account got charged for my first monthly payment, but the service won’t do me any good if I can’t use it.

Please let me know…

:frowning:

Thanks!

Hey Riza,

Our browser-based streaming service is optimized for iPad 2 and up, running on iOS 6 or later.
While it will work on an iPad 1, the playback may encounter some issues.

Here are a few work around suggestions for better playback on an iPad 1:

• Check that your memory and storage are not full
  • Close all other apps
  • Check your connection speed. We recommend running several tests over the span of 5 minutes to see if the download speed remains relatively constant or if there is fluctuation.

Thanks,
-Mo-

Thank you for the tips. I had plenty of storage - my iPad is a 64 gb with 40 gb left. iPad 1 doesn’t come with much RAM - 256 MB. Closing all the apps helped a lot. I will do that until I can upgrade.

I really like using your website…thanks again for all your help.

Riza

I’m using either an iPhone 5 or an iPad 2, both running the latest version of iOS 7 (7.0.4). My issues are as follows:
1.) I frequently can’t get video to play at all either using Safari or the app. I push the play button and nothing happens. Or in the app there there is no play button offered at all.
2.) When I CAN get video playback, it’s frequently stuck in dubbed even when subtitled is available and I have selected it.
3.) When I add an entire series to the playlist it puts all of the episodes out of order. That’s not a deal breaker but definitely a design flaw.

I have plenty of room on both devices and have fast and reliable wireless running through a cable modem. I’ve tried killing all other apps and rebooting my devices. I’m at a loss as I can’t use the service and would appreciate any suggestions as this does me no good if I can’t watch the videos.