HIDIVE Streaming Announcement for English Dub

2019-05-09T15:05:00Z

2 Likes

Kampfer, Ep 1 (Dub), is live at HIDIVE

4 Likes

Kampfer, Ep 2 (Dub), is live at HIDIVE

1 Like

Two episodes so far? I’m watching mines on youtube until dvds are here

Watching anime illegally is nothing to be proud of.

1 Like

Yeah I agree, I’m just holding out before i can afford to paid for HIDIVE

Enjoying the Dub on VRVDIVE, and while watching it, something gave me a little hope. They chose to keep the Japanese honorifics in this Dub. I say that makes me a little hopeful, because it may point to them keeping the honorifics in TLR’s Dub, and that trail of thought led me to: A higher possibly of Golden Darkness being called Yami in the Dub :grin::grin::grin:

(I’m like a broken record with that, aren’t I?)

1 Like

I said I was going to hold off ,but well this as usual happened . It looks really nice in person . English dub blurb is not intrusive and everything color wise mesh nicely . I’ll start watching either this weekend or next week . Have a few other shows to get through first .

3 Likes

They need to get non - BlueRayDVDs

1 Like

Sad truth, the DVD sets are being phased out. As technology advances, DVD’s were thrown into obscurity, being surpassed by Blu-ray’s in almost every way.

Kampfer does have a DVD release, but there’s 2 problems.

1st) The set doesn’t include the Fur De Leibe OVAS, so you’d have to purchase them separately (On DVD they had the OVA in it’s own set since it was licensed after the series was released on DVD)

2nd) The dub is exclusive to the new Blu-ray set (and HiDive, but that’s digital media, not physical)

You could always wait for the Black Friday sale. While being 6 months away, they should have it on discount for around $30 or so plus shipping.

1 Like

That reminds me I think Sentai after Hozuki’s Coolheadedness 2 DVD will be the first company to go full Blu-ray . I think DVD would have been phased out already ,but Disney and Warner Bros is still using them for kids shows .

Hopefully Black Friday will bring some deals on not only anime ,but Blu-Ray players to as I could use another .

2 Likes

So Hozuki S2 is the final Sentai DVD?

What about Haikyu S3 or Phi Brain S3?

(There’s other sequel series, but nothing that Sentai officially has the rights to… [Illya 3wei…])

@Psychopuppet new basic model BD units are only about $50 now. You could also get one for about $80 which includes streaming services (don’t know if it’s like a built-in Roku, or what).
Of course, there’s always my way. Pawn Store Sony BDP-S360. Works incredibly well, cheap ($30), and has composite output, so it works with older TV’s. :grin::+1:

1 Like

Kampfer, Ep 3 (Dub), is live at HIDIVE

3 Likes

Watched the first episode dubbed today . At first was kind of not sure ,but as a little more cast came in it started feeling like it was flowing better .

Seems so . Though who knows for sure when it comes to Sentai lol . Haikyu S3 I’d think they’d do if they keep up with the Premium sets and are doing DVD’s anyway . Phi-Brain I’m not sure of as it was 2013 since the last release they might just reissue the previous Blu-Rays in 2 sets instead of four with some tweaks to the special features also from Sentai part . Can’t remember what was on those for it . Then S3 to match those .

As for the Blu-Ray player I’m waiting for a deal on a 4K UHD one for the living room tv . I figure this year they will probably be pushing 4K more since TV’s and UHD Blu-ray seems to be sitting .

3 Likes

New collection with dub is on sale at Best Buy for $30.99 with Amazon price matching .

Post from Deals thread with links

2 Likes

Kampfer, Ep 4 (Dub), is live at HIDIVE

2 Likes

Holy Crap!

Episode 4 dub

Brittney is singing in Japanese in the karaoke scene! Not gonna lie, she hit it out of the park. (It’s nice to hear her sing in an anime again :blush:)

But how did they pull that off?

Isn’t what she sings a character song, which usually the production team doesn’t want to be changed when localizing?

1 Like

Kampfer, Eps 5-12 (Dub) :end:, are live at HIDIVE

1 Like

Kampfer ~ Fur die Liebe, Eps 1 & 2 (Dub), are live at HIDIVE

1 Like

Kampfers dub too???

I need more hours in the day…

2 Likes