Macross / Robotech

Filmrise to Stream for Free All Episodes from The Sci-fi Anime Robotech

Jul 19th 2019
INCLUDING “ROBOTECH: THE SHADOW CHRONICLES” ON AD SUPPORTED ROKU CHANNEL, VUDU AND THE FILMRISE CHANNEL BEGINNING JULY 18th

2019-08-01T05:00:00Z

Excerpt

2 Likes

If all the Japanese releases had English subtitles I’m sure a lot more people would be happy to support the official Macross releases .

As I’ve heard it, Robotech is largely Macross with the idol stuff cut out. Is that semi-accurate?

I saw Macross Delta and had fun with it, though the low point of the show was when it (for some reason) decided that it had to explain how the idol singers powers worked. If Macross Delta could’ve retained the plot but had the idol stuff minimized, I wonder if it would’ve been better.

The Macross part of Robotech is the least altered of the 3 unrelated series that made up Robotech .

It’s been since the ADV Macross release since I watched both . If I remember right it was some blood/gore , nudity, and other more adult stuff was what they edited . For the most part the story was intact . May have been some added lines for the additional mouth flaps . Now Southern Cross and Mospeada I’ve not seen for a while longer ,but I believe Southern Cross was the most altered of the three .

Harmony Gold is the real issue I’d like to see the Japanese side discuss ,but they rarely seem to .

Answerman - Will The Macross Franchise Ever Be Made Available In The West?

by Justin Sevakis, Aug 7th 2019

Macross 7 Anniversary Concert Debuts Explosive New Key Visual

August 09, 2019 4:06pm CDT
Yoshiki Fukuyama takes the stage as Basara next month

Macross Delta: Zettai Live!!! Anime Film Reveals New Valkyrie Variable Fighter

posted on 2019-09-28 02:20 EDT by Egan Loo
Logo also unveiled for 2nd Macross Delta film, with scenario already written

The Robotech Franchise is Joining the Funimation Family!

2019-10-21T05:00:00Z
Robotech: The Series, Robotech: The Shadow Chronicles, Robotech 2: The Sentinels

:expressionless:

I think I’ve just found a reason to cancel my funi sub again >.<

1 Like

I’m trying to figure out how Kew Media Distribution a company in the UK is involved with Harmony Gold .

simpsons-meh

3 Likes

Why?

One of these days I’ll have to rewatch some of it. But I don’t have high hopes for it as, checking the archives, it looks like Toonami dropped it for Superfriends. Ugh.

Macross Delta VA Unit Walküre to Release Their 4th Single on May 27

February 14, 2020 10:10pm CST
“Macross Delta the Movie: Zettai LIVE!!!” is now in the works for a release in 2020

Macross Delta VA Unit Walküre Releases Their 4th Single “Mirai wa Onna no Tame ni Aru” MV

April 27, 2020 1:10am CDT
Their next live tour is scheduled to be held from July through August 2020

1 Like

Macross Delta VA Unit Walküre’s 4th Single Dominates Oricon Daily Single Charts for Five Consecutive Days

May 31, 2020 11:10pm CDT
It is likely to be their first weekly No.1 single

1 Like

“Mirai wa Onna no Tame ni aru” Becomes Macross Delta VA Unit Walküre’s 1st Weekly No.1 Single

June 01, 2020 11:10pm CDT
The image song for the forthcoming all-new feature film “Macross Delta the Movie: Zettai LIVE!!!”

1 Like

Macross to Launch YouTube Channel with Walküre Performance

July 02, 2020 10:25am CDT
Macross Delta idols will select their favorite concert moments to for streaming event