Macross / Robotech

580 Tunes from Macross Franchise Available on Steaming in Japan

October 01, 2020 1:10am CDT
From “Super Dimension Fortress Macross” (1982) to “Macross Delta: Zettai Live!!!” (2019)

Macross Delta: Zettai Live!!! Anime Film to Open in 2021 With More Concerts Before

posted on 2020-10-03 09:55 EDT by Egan Loo
Walkūre idols to tour 5 cities in Japan in December, January

Macross Frontier to Hold Its 1st Solo Concert in 10 Years in 2021

November 06, 2020 7:10pm CST
A re-edited version of their 2008 concert will be streamed on YouTube on November 23

Macross Frontier’s 1st Solo Concert in 10 Years Confirmed to be Held on February 5 & 6, 2021

November 23, 2020 9:10pm CST
Of course, Megumi Nakajima and May’n will perform together on the stage

1st Standalone Macross Frontier Concerts in a Decade Delayed Due to COVID-19

posted on 2021-01-14 09:28 EST by Alex Mateo
Macross Delta’s Walküre concerts moved up 1 hour to end by 8:00 p.m.

Macross Frontier Anime Gets Brand-New Theatrical Film Short

posted on 2021-02-06 06:27 EST by Egan Loo
Franchise’s Shoji Kawamori helms, pens ‘Labyrinth of Time’ short at Satelight

Harmony Gold and Wasabi Anime Announce a New Limited Series on Twitch Celebrating Robotech

Mar 27th 2021

Should watch it, just to see all the hate that gets spewed toward HG and Tatsunoko lol

1 Like

Big West, Studio Nue, Harmony Gold USA Agree to Global Distribution of Macross, Robotech

posted on 2021-04-08 20:27 EDT by Egan Loo
Big West also agrees to not oppose live-action Robotech film

2 Likes

I just want to see the rest of Macross legally before I die.

2 Likes

If this is what a lot of people are thinking it is . We should see that happen .

Probably the only reason we are is thanks to Sony pulling strings .

2 Likes

Agreed, still a shame we won’t get AnimEigo’s liner notes for whatever release Funimation does for SDF Macross

1 Like

Big West To Handle Global Distribution Of Post-1987 Macross Anime

April 22, 2021 10:53am CDT
Latest announcement confirms global availability of Macross anime on new YouTube channel

So we should be getting Macross for the holiday season?

Why would you think that? If it happens it might not necessarily be from Funimation, as HG basically won’t try and block Big West and Studio Nue from Releasing Macross titles in the west anymore. I’m assuming they are allowed to deal with whoever they want, Macross will be the only title that might be released by Funimation out of all of them, but with them Releasing Robotech, I wouldn’t hold my breath

2 Likes

I’m kind of hoping Discotek makes a deal to handle all the Macross stuff , Super Dimension Cavalry Southern Cross and Genesis Climber MOSPEADA . Though they got a lot on their plate so even if they can they might not be able to .

Plus Sony I think part of the reason they wanted to make the deal happen is the Live Action Robotech movie they for some reason think is a good idea .

2 Likes

Extreme wishful thinking on my part. I missed out on ADV’s release in the mid 2000s. Used to have Southern Cross and Mospeda so I’m down to buy them again.

1 Like

Macross YouTube Channel Streams 3D Live Concert With English Subtitles

posted on 2021-06-28 17:45 EDT by Kim Morrissy
Videos feature footage from TV anime, 3D animated performances from Uta Macross mobile game

New Macross Delta Film, Frontier Short’s Trailer Reveals Fall Debut

posted on 2021-07-04 09:00 EDT by Egan Loo

Rescheduled Frontier concerts, Delta Blu-ray box, 3rd Walküre album also announced