New and Yet Not

I’ve actually been on the site for a while, I just never came to the forums. I thought I’d do something different this time.

You can call me Ell, Elli or Dawn. Unfortunately I haven’t been watching much anime, but I’m working on that. Instead I’ve been reading. Currently I’m reading The Picture of Dorian Gray, a book I would not suggest for a feminist.

Anyway, my favorite anime is Saiyuki. It was what got me into anime in the first place, so it has a special place in my heart.

I guess the next useless thing I could tell you is my favorite color is red, favorite animal is very hard to tell since I tend to love them all. Just don’t expect me to get into a cage with a tiger or anything deadly. Though I love to read, I don’t read many mangas. I have the Saiyuki and Devil May Cry mangas because I love both series. I love video games, usually games that are dark with deep story lines, or horror. So my favorite game is Vagrant Story, favorite series is Legacy of Kain, both of which I think need more sequels. Or in the case of VS a prequel. One of my hobbies is writing, though I’d like to make it a career. I just need to finish a book for once. I’m an Ares, which could probably explain that if you know Zodiac signs well enough.

I’ll stop there. You’re probably not going to see me on the forums much. Any more I don’t spend time actually on my computer, I just use it for music.

Thank you, and possibly see you later.

Great to have ya amongst us! Dark, scary games eh? B)

lol. Yep. Dark, scary games have become bedtime stories for me. Am I disturbing yet? J/K.

:dry: I’d say we have a lot of talent around here. So what brought you to TAN, E? How did you get into anime, what was your first experience with the genre, what has been keeping you interested in following this art form?

Well, what brought me to TAN is I live in a small town so the only animes that come here are like Spirited Away and Howl’s Moving Castle. Besides, I also found a link on ANN and decided I’d check it out.

How I got into anime is sort of a long story. I actually hated it before. An online friend of mine talked me into looking at some pictures of anime guys and pick out the three that I liked most. The first I chose was Sanzo, mostly because of the look he had on his face. She told me about the story, which got my curiosity, and after about a week of annoying her about what Sanzo’s name was she finally told me to do a search. That brought me to watching episodes on youtube which were actually Reload and Gunlock (thankfully in Japanese). Thanks to that I wanted to know the rest of the story and started buying the DVDs, so it really got me hooked. You can pretty much thank my friend for all of this. lol.

What’s been keeping me interested is I realized that some animes, though in genres I don’t like (romance) also tend to be what I don’t expect. For example, Clannad. I wasn’t going to watch it at first because the description I read said it had romance. It was the psychological aspect that made me curious enough to give it a try and it’s now one of my favorites. I’ve been surprised several times and have watched genres I won’t watch in films, or read in books.

I guess being a fan of David Matranga has sort of helped, too. He somehow shows up in animes I have the most interest in.

Why is Fillet the only one responding to this? Come on people! Let’s show our enthusiasm! :woohoo:

Welcome!

Welcome! Stay around long enough and you will be assimilated quite well… Uh, I mean have a great time and make friends, yeah :wink:

So, what do you think about the new sign changes?

lol. You mean this is the borg?

If you’re talking about the Zodiac sign changes, I think I’m not going to follow them. lol. That would make me a Pices and my personality is far from being right for it.

Welcome to TAN and hope you enjoy the site. :slight_smile:

Thank you. I know I do so far.

Welcome to you! Since you like scary video games, there are also a number of dark anime that might catch your fancy. And some of those have some deep psychological elements. But it’s always nice to see a new member and I hope you can join us when you can.

Thanks. I’ll have to look around more, sometime. So far when it comes to horror animes I’ve tried watching High School of the Dead and end up with interruptions. I’ll have to try again later.

First of all welcome to TAN, I am a bit new myself and I’m really enjoying it so far. So for dark video games if you have not played Amnesia: The Dark Decent yet i really suggest you try that game out, I recently played it and its really creepy, For animes after looking at your posts i would suggest something like Blood+ its not too scary or anything and the first few episodes are a bit you know, anime type cheesy :P, but once the story actually picks up its pretty good. Well welcome to the site and have a great time :smiley:

Thank you, and welcome yourself.

I haven’t even heard of that game. What system is it for? My brother and I will probably play it if we can get it. He got me into Silent Hill, so it’ll be nice to introduce him to a new game, too.

I’ve actually seen Blood+. It’s one of my favorites, though I still need to get the last two volumes. It is a great anime, sort of a different take on vampires.

EllDawn wrote:

[quote]Thank you, and welcome yourself.

I haven’t even heard of that game. What system is it for? My brother and I will probably play it if we can get it. He got me into Silent Hill, so it’ll be nice to introduce him to a new game, too.

I’ve actually seen Blood+. It’s one of my favorites, though I still need to get the last two volumes. It is a great anime, sort of a different take on vampires.[/quote]

It’s for the PC, and you can find more info on it http://www.amnesiagame.com/#main I haven’t played it myself, but it looks scary. :blink:

That game does look creepy. Watching the video, I even caught myself creeping around corners with the camera. I can say that it would probably scare me too much to play it for more than five or ten minutes at a time. lol. The demo for Doom did the same thing to me.

weclome to the boards dude