Occult Academy / Seikimatsu Occult Gakuin

Episode 9 –

[details=spoiler]I agree. It was a sad episode. I’d like to see them help Akari as well. Being that she died on Christmas Eve, do you think she was waiting for Santa? Perhaps Akari wanted a special Christmas wish? I think Maya wants to help her because they had similar situations with their fathers and dealing with loneliness. She must see a lot of herself in Akari.

It’s also sad that Maya is tearing down her father’s house. And could she possibly be jealous of Fumiaki and Mikaze? It’s starting to look that way.[/details]

[quote=LadyOfWicca]
Episode 9 –

[details=spoiler]I agree. It was a sad episode. I’d like to see them help Akari as well. Being that she died on Christmas Eve, do you think she was waiting for Santa? Perhaps Akari wanted a special Christmas wish? I think Maya wants to help her because they had similar situations with their fathers and dealing with loneliness. She must see a lot of herself in Akari.

It’s also sad that Maya is tearing down her father’s house. And could she possibly be jealous of Fumiaki and Mikaze? It’s starting to look that way.[/details][/quote]

[details=spoiler]My bet her dad promised to come home with a surprise or just come home early but instead went to a bar. She was so excited she waited outside for him.

I agree about Maya’s reason for wanting to help. I bet she will cancel the tearing down of the house by the end of the next episode. On the lovebirds she is either jealous or just finds their lovey-dovey thing annoying.[/details]

spoiler

That might be it too, but I thought perhaps Akari might want to have her mom back and be a real family. Well, we’ll see if we get the rest of her story in the next episode. I’m hoping the house doesn’t get torn down either. Maybe Maya will have second thoughts as she helps Akari. I also notice for someone that hates the occult, Maya seems to be softening up a bit. Or I might just be imagining it.

[quote=LadyOfWicca]

spoiler

That might be it too, but I thought perhaps Akari might want to have her mom back and be a real family.

[details=spoiler]That was my thinking. A special request to Santa.

Though, it might be similar to what Shawn said, where her father promised her he’d be home at a certian time, and never came home for one reason or another, be it work, or something else. That would tie in to Maya’s feelings quite well.[/details]

Ep. 10

[details=spoiler]Seems it was a combination. She waited up for Santa and he stayed late at work. Mikaze can be an idiot he really had that punch coming. The Christmas party was a good idea. Was sure the big guy would play Santa at first but was very glad that Akari’s dad took the role. I think they both found peace.

Don’t blame Mikaze from running from Fumiaki and the V.P. that was about to result in bloodshed. At least he was smart enough to hold Maya’s hand when she needed. Was interesting that the entire school was a Christmas present but does explain that one building.[/details]

Finished up ep. 10

That actually made me tear up at the end.

spoiler

The part where Akari’s father played Santa for her, and then had to say goodbye.

Episode 10 –

[details=spoiler]I still think Maya may be jealous of Fumiaki and Mikaze, but I know the Vice Principal definitely is! I still wonder what she’s after. And Maya looks like she was having second thoughts about tearing down the house.

The Christmas party for Akari was a perfect idea. I’m glad that they got to talk to Akari’s father and I think it helped him as well. It was extremely touching to see Akari’s father show up as Santa and give her the snowglobe that had been hers. I thought she had known it was her father too. I got very emotional over this scene. But I’m glad Akari and her father made up and she was finally able to pass on.

Maya gets emotional too over her father’s house and finally remembers that he built the school for her. It’s a shame it’s too late to save the house, but I’m glad she doesn’t want to destroy the school anymore. Now she wants to protect it. And she’s also more determined to find the key and save humanity too. It was really good that in helping Akari, she healed herself and was able to reconcile her feelings for her father.[/details]

[quote=LadyOfWicca]

spoiler

I still think Maya may be jealous of Fumiaki and Mikaze…

[details=spoiler]She probably is, at least a little bit, some of her reactions say that. But, I think it might also be a little of the fact that he doesn’t remember the seriousness of the situation when she (Mikaze) is around. He’s always slack-jawed and silly.

Speaking of which, have you noticed Mikaze seems to be around a lot, and interrupts Fumiaki & Maya a lot whenever they’re talking about the situation?[/details]

[quote=TheCoffeeGod]

spoiler

Speaking of which, have you noticed Mikaze seems to be around a lot, and interupts Fumiaki & Maya a lot whenever they’re talking about the situation?

spoiler

Yes, been starting to notice that to.

Yes!

spoiler

Every time Maya tries to make plans with Fumiaki, Mikaze pops up with an excuse to take Fumiaki away. And he can never say no. You’re right Coffee God, in the way he acts around her. But she is definitely part of this somehow. If she isn’t the key - could she possibly be an alien sent to make sure they don’t find the key and prevent the invasion?

And then episode 11 shows the real reason why she was getting so lovey-dovey with him. [details=spoiler]“Kill the witch, kill the witch!”

Animated GIFs of transformation sequence on the http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2010/09/14/seikimatsu-ero-academy/[/details]

Episode 11 –

spoiler

I knew that Maya wasn’t dead. The body was wearing shoes! But I never would have dreamed that the Vice Principal was a good guy. So now the mystery of Mikaze is finally revealed. Wow. Wasn’t quite expecting that either. But I wonder what Maya will do without her notebook.

[quote=LadyOfWicca]
Episode 11 –

spoiler

I knew that Maya wasn’t dead. The body was wearing shoes! But I never would have dreamed that the Vice Principal was a good guy. So now the mystery of Mikaze is finally revealed. Wow. Wasn’t quite expecting that either. But I wonder what Maya will do without her notebook.

spoiler

The shoes gave it away for me to. Also surprised by the VP. Figured Mikaze was up to something but the evil witch was a surprise.

Just finished up ep. 11

That was a rather awesome twist!

[details=spoiler]See!? See!?
I told you it was Mikaze!
Well, we don’t know if it actually is her or not yet, but I’ve been convinced that she just wasn’t ‘right’ from the beginning.[/details]

You have amazing powers of deduction Coffee God! :slight_smile:

Finished up ep. 12

[details=spoiler]Another awesome ep.!

All kinds of twists and turns in this ep. from finding out Maya’s father is still alive to taking a pic of Mikaze and finding out she’s the Key and banishing her to fix the future. But in the future, nothing has changed.

I guess we’ll find out in the next and final ep. what is actually going on.[/details]

That was quite an episode! I can’t wait to see how it all turns out!

[quote=TheCoffeeGod]
… taking a pic of Mikaze and finding out she’s the Key and banishing her to fix the future. But in the futurer, nothing has changed. [/quote]

In Episode 13 we see that

[details=spoiler]it was the other person in the picture with Mikaze that was the Key.
We see the reason why the kid lost his psychic powers. And this time, instead of creating a stable time loop, good conquers evil and everybody (except for one) lives happily ever after.[/spoiler] Maybe two; the phone conversation implies that [spoiler]mama-san is no longer part of the picture[/details] (which may be a good thing).

-Joe

Ep. 13

spoiler

Wow, Fumiaki was the key through his actions. He may have often been a coward but in the end was a true hero. Was glad that Maya took the younger Fumiaki under her care. At least some part of him had a chance at a happy life.

Finished up ep. 13, finishing up the series

spoiler

So, as it turns out, the older Fumiaki was the Key in the end. I was kind of hoping they wouldn’t take the whole time/space continuum route with this, for a possibly more interesting twist, but alas, they went with the obvious.

That being said though, this actually turned out to be a rather nice series on the whole.