Sound issue on Logitech Revue with Google TV

I just started a subscription in order to use TAN as part of a replacement for Netflix, which I plan on dropping with their price hike. I also just purchased a Logitech Revue in order to watch on the entertainment center. However in my first attempt to watch a show, this sound is chopping in and out very badly. It is so bad that the majority of what’s streamed has been soundless with only momentary chops here and there of sound. Any help would be appreciated.

OP Technical Issue Report
We need to know some specific information in order to troubleshoot your issue:

• Give us a short summary of the problem you are experiencing with the Online Player.
    See Above

• Did this just start happening, has it been going on for a while or is it a problem that came back after being fixed?
    Just started using the service…

• Affected Show Title(s) - is it happening to a particular show, certain shows or everything
    Title tried so far was He is my Master Episode 3, I will be trying more.

• Affected Episode Number(s) - is it happening to a particular episode, certain episodes or all episodes
    See last answer

• Affected Language Version - if the show is Dual Language, is it the dubbed, dubbed or both versions that are affected
    I believe it’s only available in dubbed.

• Affected Video Format - is it the SD, HD or both versions that are affected
    the screen is an HD 50" plasma but the top right corner say HD is off

• What Operating System are you using? Which version is it? (Windows Vista, Mac 10.4, etc)
    Logitech Revue with Google TV

• What Browser are you using? Which version is it? (Chrome, Internet Explorer 7, FireFox 3.6, etc)
    See last answer

• Is it happening in just one Browser or multiple browsers?
    Only one available to test.

• Is your Flash Player/Plugin up to date?
    I believe this is kept up to date automatically, but the unit is only days old so should be up to date

If you are having trouble with smooth video playback, tell us about your internet connection:
Vidoe playback seems fine, connection is Time Warner Cable internet 10Mbs with a wired Gb connection to my router, no other heavye use is happening in my home.

• What type of connection are you using? (Cable, DSL, WiFI, ect)

Have you performed a recent software update? Unless you’ve performed a systme update since buying the unit, the software on it will be out of date. The Revue units have not been selling well, so most units being purchased were manufactured several months ago.

This might help the situation.

Thank you for the prompt response, yes I did do an update as soon as the unit was powered on for the first time. Also after I completed the setup I tried checking to see if there were any uninstalled updates, and found the unit was completely up to date.

mupdike wrote:

[size=4]Have you run any speed tests?[/size]

I have seen that symptom on my laptop. Using http://www.speedtest.net I found that at the time the download speeds in San Francisco were 12Mbps from servers in Los Angeles and New York, but only 3Mbps (or lower) from servers in Houston, TX. [size=2]Things have gotten better, and I don’t know where TAN’s video servers are these days. AMAZON.COM.edge2.Washington1.Level3.net? deploy.akamaitechnologies.com?[/size]

Go to Tools to get the “User Agent” information.

mupdike wrote:

[quote]I just started a subscription in order to use TAN as part of a replacement for Netflix, which I plan on dropping with their price hike. I also just purchased a Logitech Revue in order to watch on the entertainment center. However in my first attempt to watch a show, this sound is chopping in and out very badly. It is so bad that the majority of what’s streamed has been soundless with only momentary chops here and there of sound. Any help would be appreciated.

OP Technical Issue Report
We need to know some specific information in order to troubleshoot your issue:

• Give us a short summary of the problem you are experiencing with the Online Player.
    See Above

• Did this just start happening, has it been going on for a while or is it a problem that came back after being fixed?
    Just started using the service…

• Affected Show Title(s) - is it happening to a particular show, certain shows or everything
    Title tried so far was He is my Master Episode 3, I will be trying more.

• Affected Episode Number(s) - is it happening to a particular episode, certain episodes or all episodes
    See last answer

• Affected Language Version - if the show is Dual Language, is it the dubbed, dubbed or both versions that are affected
    I believe it’s only available in dubbed.

• Affected Video Format - is it the SD, HD or both versions that are affected
    the screen is an HD 50" plasma but the top right corner say HD is off

• What Operating System are you using? Which version is it? (Windows Vista, Mac 10.4, etc)
    Logitech Revue with Google TV

• What Browser are you using? Which version is it? (Chrome, Internet Explorer 7, FireFox 3.6, etc)
    See last answer

• Is it happening in just one Browser or multiple browsers?
    Only one available to test.

• Is your Flash Player/Plugin up to date?
    I believe this is kept up to date automatically, but the unit is only days old so should be up to date

If you are having trouble with smooth video playback, tell us about your internet connection:
Vidoe playback seems fine, connection is Time Warner Cable internet 10Mbs with a wired Gb connection to my router, no other heavye use is happening in my home.

• What type of connection are you using? (Cable, DSL, WiFI, ect)[/quote]

At the moment we don’t have any answers for this problem or how to fix it. The Google TV documentation for developers is broken so we can’t get any details about it to see what we can do.

Here are a couple of things you can do to help us:

1. When you go to our player page can you right click on our player? If so, does it show a menu item that reads “About Adobe Flash Player”. The exact version # would be helpful.
  2. Running a speedtest at http://www.speedtest.net/ from the Revue would be helpful. They should provide you with a link you can embed that will show us the results.
  3. The results from the user agent test SpaceCobraJoe linked would also help. https://www.whatismyip.com/tools/user-agent-info.asp.

The one thing I can tell you is unlike other sites we’re not actively blocking Google TV. A paid subscription is valid with whatever device you have. At the same time we can’t guarantee we’ll work with every device under the sun. We’ll look into more deeply to see whether there’s a tweak or two we can make to resolve the problem.

If we can’t fix it and you want to cancel, please send an email to subscriptions@theanimenetwork.com.

Cheers,

–akpoff