Star Trek TV & Film

###Star Trek Fan Film Can’t Claim Fair Use, Judge Rules
January 5, 2017

###January 10: This Week on Blu-ray, DVD and Digital HD (Star Trek Enterprise: The Complete Series DVD)
JANUARY 10, 2017

###Star Trek: Discovery Debut Delayed, Spock’s Father Cast
January 18, 2017

###CBS and Paramount Settle Lawsuit Over Star Trek Fan Film
January 20, 2017

I still call BS on CBS / Paramount. Only reason they got pissy was that the prelude to Axanar was better than anything they had done recently, and it raised a decent amount of cash for the movie to be made.

If they had the fans best interest at heart, they would have helped back it and done it as an official Star Trek Special.

Edit: and they wonder why they aren’t getting any positive buzz sbout Discovery? This is why.

2 Likes

[quote]must not use bootlegs or imitations of commercially available uniforms
or props, and cannot use any writers or actors who have previously been
employed on a “Star Trek” series or movie.
[/quote]
That last part seems excessive IMO. I thought it was fun that Vic brought back a bona fide TOS actor for his Star Trek Continues and now he can’t do that again, and it nixes at least one Axanar prelude actor IIRC.

I too wonder why Paramount hasn’t swooped in to co-opt this project. They’d get all the benefits but put in next to no work. I don’t know why it took fans to show Paramount that fans wanted the epic conflict that Enterprise baited-and-switched us with, but since they didn’t sign off on it and are instead basically stifling it, I wonder if they’re going to pull a “Babylon 5” and pilfer its premise?

1 Like

###First Glimpse at Star Trek: Discovery Uniforms in Behind-the-Scenes Video
January 31, 2017

###February 7, 2017: This Week on Blu-ray, DVD & Digital HD (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine - The Complete Series)
FEBRUARY 7, 2017

###The 15 Darkest Episodes of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
February 11, 2017

Leaves me feeling that I should go back and rewatch some DS9.

###Star Trek: Discovery Set Photo Gives First Look at Klingons
February 12, 2017

Why do I, a Star Trek fan going back to 1966, have no enthusiasm for this new series?

Mark Gosdin

3 Likes

###Star Trek: Discovery Adds Three More Actors to Its Fleet
February 13, 2017

###February 14, 2017: This Week on Blu-ray, DVD & Digital HD (Star Trek: Enterprise: The Complete Series Blu-ray)
February 14, 2017

###Star Trek TOS: 15 Enterprise Crew Members You Forgot Existed
February 15, 2017

###Space Ships: The Very Best Of Star Trek Shipping
February 17, 2017

###Star Trek: Deep Space Nine’s Most Powerful Ships
February 18, 2017

###From Kor to Discovery, We Say Qapla’ to 50 Years of Klingons
February 19, 2017

###Star Trek: Discovery (Sort of) Gets New Release Date
February 27, 2017

###First Look: ‘Star Trek: The Next Generation’ Never-Before-Seen Photos